State Rifle Associations - can do better ... or worse

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

State Rifle Associations - can do better ... or worse

Post by Subal das » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:45 am

http://www.indianshooting.com/images/st ... d_2011.pdf

here is list of national Squad 2011, in graph STATE - ARMY, NAVY, I.A., RLYS, BFS, CISF - is there any such states in India?
only few shooter represent states like PUN, MP, KTN.

here is latest story

================================================

Court intervenes in UP shooting team for National Games

indianshooting.com exclusive

14 Feb 2011. According to a high court order, UP state is dirtected to send pistol shooter Vipin Dangi to participate in the ongoing 34th National Games in Jharkhand.

Dangi who was left out from the UP shooting team in the men's free pistol event had filed a petition in the Allahabad high court against improper selection.

At the recently held national championship in Delhi, Dangi had shot 539 as compared to Babu Vanjare's 527 in the men's free pistol event. The national championship was the only selection criteria for the Jharkhand games.

Since the 50m free pistol event is scheduled for 15th February the court took this matter out of turn and allowed Dangi to join the UP team at Jharkhand.

The court judgement said it prima facie find substance in the submissions of learned counsel for the petitioner. In view of the above learned standing counsel is directed to seek instructions in the matter positively by tomorrow. As an interim measure the court directs that petitioner be also sent by the respondents for participation in the 50m free pistol event which is said to be scheduled for 15.2.2011 provisionally subject to passing of the further orders in this respect.

The court will decide tommorow for the future action when the matter comes up for hearing. indianshooting.com.

===========================================

Dangi justifies court order by winning bronze at National Games
indianshooting.com exclusive

15 Feb 2011. Vipin Dangi who joined the UP shooting team following a high court order won a bronze today in the 34th National Games.

The out of turn order which came in only yesterday gave Dangi very less time to prepare and reach Ranchi for the men's free pistol event which was scheduled for the day.

However Dangi managed to take an early morning flight today at 06:20 AM and reached the range well in time for his match at 12:00. Dangi shot reasonably well to win a bronze in the team event of the men's free pistol event along with Zakhir Khan and HS Roy.

Dangi had replaced Babu Vanzare in the team following a order by the Allahabad high court as he had a better score in the recently held National Championship at Delhi. indianshooting.com
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

For Advertising mail webmaster
CanIndianHt
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: State Rifle Associations - can do better ... or worse

Post by CanIndianHt » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Its the same story everywhere everytime, In 33rd national games i was left out of mp team and my place was given to a military shooter whos score was way lower and age was around 35+ (i was 18 back then). I was never given a travel discount or any financial support from my state to get in 33rd national games, however few good people pushed me hard to attend games for the fact that I was at the top in my rifle category in junior section in my state also that I was a civilian who had practiced hard, attended every state and national level shooting competition for 4 years and that I had spent alot of money in shooting and I even never had coaching or a club, or a shooting range. In the end we managed to get 4th place in air rifle , and the previously selected person got way lower score then mine whos only job was to shoot everyday for entire year. I do not wanna disclose any place person name or anything. I am not angry about it ,but thats the fact. M sure there are even worst cases then mine in other states where military shooters gets whatever they want.
SAY NO TO ACTA