Help needed : NRAI membership and other querries

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
captainadi110
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Help needed : NRAI membership and other querries

Post by captainadi110 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Hello to all,

My name is Audumbar Bhoi. I am from Kolhapur, Maharashtra. I am a merchant navy officer and I really like shooting from my NCC days.

Now that I have time I wanted to take Shooting sport as a career. From past 2 months I am practising on a springer(I have already posted the pics of the same in my other thread) I am using a Blanca pellet trap to hold the target.I am getting a lot of help from the various threads in different forums.

I wanted to get a proper training so I approached the only rifle club exists in kolhapur that is Krida Prabodhini. Although it is the best training institute which has given shooters like Tejaswini sawant and Navnath fadtare. I personally met Mr. Ajit patil who is a very nice person who told me that there will a training camp from 1st week of september and he told me to meet then. I also enquired about the membership of the club but i came to know that it is only for the students selected by the academy and same goes for the weapons.

The training camp will definately will help me to build a good foundation but the problem is that It will not help me getting hold of good weapon to practise on and so forth. So I need some information and help from all of you.Please do me this huge favour and help me with it.

1.Is it possible to get a Membership at NRAI and if it is possible,Will it help me importing a good compitition grade air rifle after getting the membership?

2.If above is not possible then Is it possible to take a membership at Air rifle club which is close to my location like in Mumbai ?

I am intrested in 10 mtr Air rifel and Air pistol shooting and If possible trap shooting.

Please do the needful and any kind of help is much appreciated.

Audumbar Bhoi

For Advertising mail webmaster
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help needed : NRAI membership and other querries

Post by airgun_novice » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:08 am

Dear Audumbar,
Could it be that the membership of the Kolhapur club is for "students of the club" - i.e. they mean that you need to complete a course (probably in safety training and basic handling of air weapons) before getting that membership ? It's same in Mumbai. Shiv Chhatrapati at Balewadi, Pune would be closer to you than Mumbai - commute-wise - unless you live partly in Mumbai and can take up membership here. I am sure that you can rent out "better" equipment at your club in case you want to try them out post-completion of course. There's enough information on IFG wrt importing an air gun and should be studied. Do not be disheartened. Good Luck. :cheers:

captainadi110
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Help needed : NRAI membership and other querries

Post by captainadi110 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Thank you very much for your reply Airgun_novice, I appreciate it. I would find out about the possiblity you mentioned.