Wild card entry in the Nationals

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
penpusher

Wild card entry in the Nationals

Post by penpusher » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:21 pm

What are the requirements for a wild card entry in the Nationals(300 mtrs big bore).

penpusher

For Advertising mail webmaster
shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:46 pm

HI! all the state assn have a quota and the NRAI itself has a quota and so do the organising state/assn . All that u require is a good rapport with ur state president
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Wild card entry in the Nationals

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:35 pm

I would have said butter but that may not be the case these days because if a participant does not achieve a certain minimum score the concerned association has to pay a fine and the shooter is barred from the next Nationals or something to that effect. It's a relatively new rule and one that was introduced after I moved away from competitive shooting.

Incidentally, the host state/association is usually permitted a few more wild card entries.

Getting ready for the 300 metre comp are we? :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:45 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="21446 wrote:I would have said butter but that may not be the case these days because if a participant does not achieve a certain minimum score the concerned association has to pay a fine and the shooter is barred from the next Nationals or something to that effect. It's a relatively new rule and one that was introduced after I moved away from competitive shooting.

Incidentally, the host state/association is usually permitted a few more wild card entries.

Mack The Knife
no worries dude if u feel u r abt to shoot 25% less than the MQS only then does the fine rule come into effect - then do what the wise men do : tell the range officer that u r not feeling well and cannot complete ur match and wish to withdraw - no fine - no ban -no score - no nothing

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:18 am

penpusher";p="21294 wrote:What are the requirements for a wild card entry in the Nationals(300 mtrs big bore).

penpusher
HI! I think this should shed some light on the topic - and some more abt the "Dangerous criminal shooter pilfering ammo too " naughty boys cant stop ;)- whats the need to pilfer ammo when the state police and forces sell enough to the criminals , I wonder what the criminals do with the match grade ammo tho.... try loading a wadcutter in to a normal street pistol or rev.

http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/artMai ... p=1&pub=47

I am also attaching the report for convinience sake...... now pl. dont go round begging ,borrowing or pilfering ammo from the renowned shooters- the NRAI dosent like it ;)

Now I donno if its the low IQ of the reporters or the person brieifng them but I cant swallow this : Watchout for those roughe renowned shots who will shoot ONE national and import TEN weapons (ROTFL) get their licence extended all INDIA (Rolleyes) and never come back to compete again....har har reads more like a comedy than a news report. To Import 10 weapons u have to be a renowned shot in three disciples then u will be able to import 10 weapons in 4 years ( 4+4+2 weapons of diff. categories) mebbe u can get a headstap engraving machine at the same time so SAI officials can be happy thatt the empties u swap with ur friends for thier hunting/crime requirements r all of the same brand that u imported - bunch of sickos...