Help: Want to compete in centrefire pistol shooting

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Help: Want to compete in centrefire pistol shooting

Post by saahil » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:36 am

hi
i want to prepare for centrefire competition but having only a .22 rev. now i dont know how ill be able to prepare for competition. can anybody tell me what to do,how i can prepare myself for it.im having only one option that i can only go for .32ofb pistol or revolver.but i dont think with that kind of gear ill be able to go through it. please help me. from where these champions got there first gun.im really confused.

Header edited by moderator

For Advertising mail webmaster
shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:59 am

HI! saahil good to see that at least the desire to compete is there but unfortunatly in Apna bharat desh its a different story. .22 rev is out of the question the .22 pistols barrels r quiet long and there is no loss of chamber pressure when u shoot plus the sights grip effort to fire etc

the .32 pistol IOF is also totally out : 1) It has no sights to speak of with windange and elev adj.
2) barrel too short
3 ) the 32 acp is no match for the 32 wadcutter bullet

However if u can find a gunsmith to build :) u a longer barrel and fix sights onto ur xtended barrel u cud try that or try the airgun trick of just brazing a tube onto ur xisting barrel to increase ur sight radius
DISCLAIMER : all the above mods may or may not work

The Champions in India have to master the art of "beg borrow steal &jugad" get hold of a good AP and practice hard with it then when ur state comp. is held try and follow above advice to get hold of a long barrel rev. and shoot the qs for AIGVM - At AIGVM u have to push ur luck and try and wangle some police/services/civilian shooter to "lend" u their weapon and ammo..... here is where u start looking up ur long lost country cousins and uncleji list ;) if successful repeat at nationals

Better option chk which shooting associations have pistols and what they charge to let members use them and participate from that state

thats how it works here pal : Govt. of India has a oxygen cylinder waitiong for u AFTER u climb mount everest ......

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Help: Want to compete in centrefire pistol shooting

Post by saahil » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:48 am

thnx shutzen
thanx for your valuable advice. i was wondering that should i file a case against the govt. in the high court for such injustice.when we will not be having resources how we will be able to bring glory to our nation in international competitions.is it a wise thought to fight against the govt.in the court.is there any history of any such case. all learned members please advice. love guns more than anything else.