shooting stuff @ kssr delhi

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

shooting stuff @ kssr delhi

Post by Chandan22 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:28 pm

gentlemen..

those of you who shoot at Karni Singh Shooting Range, could you point me in the right direction as to where to get Manual/Paper Targets for using for .22LR at the 50m range?

I bought my rifle last week and went to the range this morning to fire it for the first time. Unfortunately DSRA didn't have ammo available today, only SAT/SUN, which was my mistake. Even so, I thought of using some of the quota ammo to at least send a few rounds downrange, but there were no Manual Targets available. The electronic system was tightly shut in the wooden boxes, so despite having a gun and ammo i couldn't shoot.

spoke to some people over at the 25m but they didn't have any either.

So, those of you with first hand experience there, where do i get targets? can i get them someplace other than the range?

Also, from a protocol perspective, how does one go about setting up a target in a lane to shoot? I'm sure I can't just walk on down and tape up a piece of paper with a black circle and start firing away on that.

I had tried an RTI to the range for any guidelines, rules etc, but there is NOTHING.. they have put that much in writing.

Thx
~C

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: shooting stuff @ kssr delhi

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Dear Chandan,

I am facing the same problem at KSSR delhi. I also put up the same query on this forum but got no response. You seem to have some knowledge about purchasing ammo from there. I don't even know how to do that. As per my information you need membership of NRAI or Delhi Rifle Association and even after that you would be sold ammo as per your yearly quota and not more than that,
If you have any other information please share.
Also, as I am not interested in completion shooting I just go there, find a vacant range and just blast away at the blank wall. I have done that with my .22 revolver at the 25 meter range and the 30.06 at the 50 meter range. No body seems to object. In fact some official was walking past and he just requested me to move a little forward to continue my shooting.
Have not tried out the shotgun range though, there are quite a few vacant ranges.
Hope to get your input on ammo availibility at the range.

Regards

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:45 pm

Hello,

I know where you're coming from.

1. You can get as much .22 ammo as you want every sat/sun. This is provided by DSRA for its members only. It doesn't get added to your licence quota.
2. NRAI also gives ammo, but puts it on your licence.
3. Apparently DSRA/NRAI are supposed to have target material also, but I haven't been able to get it.
4. Using the Electronic scoring system is a pain, I don't know how to do it, and i'm not really comfy messing with something which is costing the facility. why mess it up. And ofcourse there is no official who is present to explain/help or whatever.
5. An RTI filed by me had practically no relevant response.

Blasting away without a target isn't something i want to do. Also, these are electronic scoring systems. I don't know for sure, but you may end up damaging it. Whether or not anyone there cares.. who knows?

Meet up sometime and I'll buy you ammo if you're not a DSRA member..

~C

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:28 am

Download and print your own targets.
One of the many sites that have targets for download is http://www.targetz.com
If you do end up at the range and have forgotten your targets, tear a sheet of paper from a notebook and use a pen to make an aiming point on it.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:13 am

Chandan22 wrote:Hello,

I know where you're coming from.

1. You can get as much .22 ammo as you want every sat/sun. This is provided by DSRA for its members only. It doesn't get added to your licence quota.
2. NRAI also gives ammo, but puts it on your licence.
3. Apparently DSRA/NRAI are supposed to have target material also, but I haven't been able to get it.
4. Using the Electronic scoring system is a pain, I don't know how to do it, and i'm not really comfy messing with something which is costing the facility. why mess it up. And ofcourse there is no official who is present to explain/help or whatever.
5. An RTI filed by me had practically no relevant response.

Blasting away without a target isn't something i want to do. Also, these are electronic scoring systems. I don't know for sure, but you may end up damaging it. Whether or not anyone there cares.. who knows?

Meet up sometime and I'll buy you ammo if you're not a DSRA member..

~C
Thanks Chandan, for the wonderful offer, I will take it up when you are there.
Also, I use one of the last lanes that have no electronic or any other target installed. I would also like to find out how do you know where I come from?? Though it is no big secret but I was trying not to disclose that information at the present time. But would love to share the details once the purpose has been achieved.
Will also send you a PM.

Regards

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:56 am

It is quite surprising that there is no Range Officer or any other staff member to oversee and assist members using the range! :o
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:14 pm

Hello

Adhaulya, "where you're coming from" wasn't meant literally.. I meant I understand what you're saying... not where you belong to or live !!!

CKK, range office aside, there is no one except security guards there. the armoury personel also come around 11:30-12..

as for using a paper with a round on it, i wasn't sure it was permitted by protocol.. but sounds logical.. so thats my back up plan.

~C

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Chandan,

I bought some targets from Kovibazar and plan to print the ones that xl_target suggested, this site seems to have a wide range of printable targets.

Regards

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:23 pm

Hello,

The printing is not the problem.. the problem will be that you can print A4 size paper.. but the target board there has a much bigger frame.. how do you put a paper there?
Plus normal paper will hardly survive.. you need some thicker paper like Card Paper or something..

~C[photobucketvideo][/photobucketvideo]

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:32 am

Get a piece of cardboard, cut for a large packing box, sized to fit in the target frame. You can attach it to the target frame with plastic cable ties or string through a hole in each corner.
Then you can attach your paper target to it with tape or a staple gun. When done with that paper target, you can pull it off and put another one up in its place.
Learn to improvise, man. :)
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941