DR. KARNI SINGH SHOOTING RANGE MEMBERSHIP COST HIKED AGAIN

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

DR. KARNI SINGH SHOOTING RANGE MEMBERSHIP COST HIKED AGAIN

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:00 am

DKSSR Delhi had increased the membership this year from Rs 500 per month to Rs. 1000 per month and luckily Chadan at least got his membership renewed at the new rate. After that they stopped renewing the membership.
Now as per today's report in Hindustan Times there is a circular that increases the membership many fold. If a beginner wants to practice at three ranges he has to shell out Rs.9000 per month and also the time limit has been set at 2 hours in a day.
Only Arjuna awardees are allowed free practice and international medalists have unlimited use of the facility for Rs. 500 per month. This has gone beyond the reach of the common man. The link is as follows. http://www.hindustantimes.com/otherspor ... 57669.aspx
Hike in fee at Delhi's Karni Singh range leaves shooters fretting
Navneet Singh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi| Updated: Jun 12, 2015 02:57 IST

Shooters will now have to fork out more if they want to practice at the Karni Singh shooting range in Delhi. (Getty Images)

0 4Share0
The Sports Authority of India’s (SAI) decision to drastically enhance the fee structure for using the Dr Karni Singh Shooting Ranges’ facilities has hit the country’s shooters hard.

According to a recent circular, SAI has increased the monthly fee for using the 10m range from Rs. 100 to Rs. 2000. If the shooters want to practice at the 25m range, they will have to shell out Rs. 2000 more. A shooter who plans to train at all three ranges — 10m, 25m, 50m — will have to dish out Rs. 6000 per month. This fee structure is for ‘renowned shot’ or national-level shooters. But if you are a state-level shooter or a beginner, you’ll have to fork out more — Rs. 3000 per range per month.

The new structure, says a top SAI official, is to offset the huge cost of maintaining the ranges. SAI has been facing a financial crunch post the 2010 Commonwealth Games. All the five major stadia were renovated and keeping them in shape is draining SAI financially.

Besides enhancing the fee, SAI has also reduced the practice time to just two hours. If someone wants to train extra, an additional Rs. 1000 would be charged per month. “It is a big blow,” says a national-level pistol shooter who has been a regular at the ranges for the last two years.

Currently, over 100 shooters practice regularly in the 10m ranges. The new policy, says a rifle shooter gearing up for the national trials in Kerala, makes no sense. “It will discourage shooters,” he says.

He added, “SAI is the operational wing of the sports ministry and should have been more considerate while setting new rules. Shooters take breaks between sessions, which will not be accounted for henceforth. Such issues have been overlooked in the new policy.”

The Tughlakabad ranges are a favourite with shooters from states such as Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand as they have modern facilities. Pune and Thiruvananthapuram too have good ranges with modern facilities and electronic targets but the Karni ranges are the most popular.

International medallists though have been spared the steep hike. They will have to pay a monthly fee of Rs. 500 for unlimited practice sessions, while the facilities come for free for Arjuna Awardees.

It is learnt that some shooters met the Karni ranges administrator SD Bakshi but the meeting “wasn’t fruitful”. When contacted, SAI secretary Hira Ballabh said, “The new fee structure is under review.”

For Advertising mail webmaster
AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Re: DR. KARNI SINGH SHOOTING RANGE MEMBERSHIP COST HIKED AGA

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:02 pm

The KSSR amount is In line with the amount I had been told including the 2 hour limit by Bakshi. I for one, cannot be shelling out 6k a month to shoot. Add to it the fact that they don't rent out firearms anymore, unless you come down on your knees and beg and plead..

Now the govt deducts my tax and then expects me to pay with the remaining cash for facilities they should be running with that tax money!?

In line with the usual elitist policies of the government Bakshi has taken this sport away from the common man...or should I say 'further away'.

Rant over.

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:30 pm

Gentlemen,

2 things

1. We are not the only ones affected. The entire sports shooting community will be up in arms about this. So hopefully the DSRA, NRAI, UPRA etc should raise this loudly and they probably are the ones with some clout to bring about any reversal or something.

2. From a non-members perspective, I'm going to see if I can file a PIL. The logic would be to enable any firearm holder to use his firearm there. Since there are no facilities otherwise, and arms licences are issued, where is a licence holder expected to even try out the working of his weapon? So the govt is obliged to actually provide access. However, this is a longer shot, but I fully intend to pursue it, irrespective of cost/time. Anyways, the cost of using the range should offset the legal costs.

Will update. In the interim, lets at least use my membership...

~C

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Chandan,

Count me in on my share of the legal cost involved.
Does it also mean that if you have nowhere to shoot you wont get any ammo from DSRA for practice.

Regards

Atul

amirzubair
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: DR. KARNI SINGH SHOOTING RANGE MEMBERSHIP COST HIKED AGAIN

Post by amirzubair » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:45 pm

Could anyone please shed some light about the current charges, especially for beginners?
I’m from Patna, Bihar and there isn’t any trap shooting facility over here.