Insight into 50M Sport Rifle Prone

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Insight into 50M Sport Rifle Prone

Post by sa_ali » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:08 pm

Bro in arms, i just want to know that in order to participate in 50M Small Bore Sport Rifle Prone (NR) event.

Do we need pep sight rifle and jacket to participate or i can just pick up any .22 Open sight rifle like .22 BSA and head to range :)

For Advertising mail webmaster
sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Insight into 50M Sport Rifle Prone

Post by sohampaul11 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:44 pm

A peep sight .22 rifle is indeed required. A jacket and sling always helps. But you can start off by only using the rifle and gathering the kit later on. You can fix peep sights on a .22 rifle and it would be good to go. I dont think open sight is allowed in 50m rifle prone event.

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:52 pm

If you are just starting, then borrowed equipment will be the way to go until you are sure this is the event you want to continue. But if you have already made up your mind having your own stuff is better. The 50mtr small bore rifle peep sight event is an ISSF event and so allows you to be able to reach national or international levels if you are good enough to make it. The open sight event is more to get shooters interested and encourage the sport. AFAIK there are no open sight 50 meter small bore rifle events in ISSF at the national level.
Upto state and zonal levels you can probably get by using an IOF or BRNO rifle with peep sights attached for competition. After that, in (Mavlankar and ??) Nationals, the equipment used has to be strictly according to ISSF standards so no jugaad.
Anand

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:19 pm

So for state level i can simply go in with Open sight event without jacket

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:03 pm

I think it was written somewhere that Jacket is mandatory for State Level as well.. Do get in touch with your state rifle association for info regarding the same. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:10 pm

Also, about equipment.. It's possible to take part in all ISSF National competitions (Mavlankar, etc) & international (guess so..) with budget equipments like Anschutz Match 54/64 (2nd Hand), last I checked can be bought sub-50K INR.

Follow the general rule of thumb on 2nd hand weapons, Make sure they are in good firing condition & get it refurbished by a gunsmith.. That should hold you good for sometime :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk