NRAI Recommendation for All India Permit

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
atulgupta1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: NRAI Recommendation for All India Permit

Post by atulgupta1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:27 pm

This is indeed informative. Thanks singhfp.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Rahul Bose
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Rahul Bose » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:37 am

How much. 22 ammunition, can an aspiring shooter Import or hold at a time. And how can an aspiring shooter Import. 22 Rifle. All procedure for above conditions. Please intimate in detail..

Operator
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Operator » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi everyone it is amazing to see the amount of information you can get on this forum .
I have participated in quite a few mavlankars and district and state level shooting tournaments but that was some years back , since I didn't have an arms license till recently I was notable to participate in any of the tournaments . My question is even if I want to start again , will they consider me for an all India license or do I have to qualify again to be eligible for it . Also I am a NRAI member just wanted to get the ammunition quota increased , so will I get a recommendation letter for increase in ammo quota without participating in any recent tournaments ?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

χάος
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by χάος » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:23 pm

Ranveer wrote: 1) will they consider me for an all India license or do I have to qualify again to be eligible for it?
2) will I get a recommendation letter for increase in ammo quota without participating in any recent tournaments?

1) No, they won't consider it, you'll have to qualify again to become eligible.

2) No, you won't get the recommendation letter without participating in recent events.

Cheerios!
Vishal

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:16 pm

Not sure about all India validity.

However, there is a category for enhancement of ammo quota for rifle club members. by virtue of being an NRAI member, you can request NRAI to issue a recommendation letter for an increase in ammo quota.

You may also approach your LA with your participation certificates and NRAI membership proof and request them to increase ammo quota.

NM

rakeshbhatia
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rakeshbhatia » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:40 pm

singhfp wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:26 am
I am glad atul ji you replied and you appreciated my subject knowledge, it is just that being a sports shooter one has to be well updated with the policy and procedures which directly or indirectly affect you to get the desired benefit.

Coming to your question, a carry permit of weapon is granted by the District Magistrate concerned, in case of Mohali, the powers of DM are being executed by the ADC(G), you can give a write request for carry permit in the prescribed format available at the suwidha centre for Rs 70/-, there is a suwidha fee of Rs 300/- for this process. Once the application is submitted ADC calls you for a personal interview where you can state the fact that you are participating in a shooting championship to be held out of your home state and a carry permit is required. Verifying your credentials the ADC will grant you the carry permit which would be valid for a period of 3 to 6 months.

I personally faced this challenge, as in the edistrict system only one application can be logged in at a time and my application for area extension for all india was pending in the system and I could not apply for a carry permit, hence I had no option except to drop my plans to participate in the Nationals.
How does it work if we are using the weapon from a club or range, how can we possibly carry if for the zonal/GVM/NSCC? Thanks in advance!