Regarding Howrah Rifle Membership's Police Approval

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Regarding Howrah Rifle Membership's Police Approval

Post by Mr.Shome » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:57 pm

Hello Dear Members,

This is in reference to a post I had submitted earlier, titled as, 'A Humble Query'. Maybe, members of Howrah Rifle Club can help me out with the problem, I will describe below.

In short, just want to say that The South Calcutta Rifle Club is not accepting new members due to lack of space. So, today, I visited the Howrah Rifle Club and got the form. Now, the trouble is regarding 'police verification stamp' from the police station. The Howrah Rifle Club won't help with this (unlike the South Calcutta Rifle Club) and I need to get it done on my own.

With utmost respect to everyone, I don't want to make a fool of myself in front of the cops at at the Police Station and get an insulting refusal. I am saying this, as I have read many posts on this forum, wherein other members suffered a similar fate and failed to get the required stamp of approval from the police station.

I would be extremely grateful if someone could please help me solve this problem on how to approach the cops for a positive approval. I live in Dhakuria (South Kolkata).

Eagerly awaiting some helpful soul's guidance :roll:

Best regards,

Pinak Shome

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Regarding Howrah Rifle Membership's Police Approval

Post by Shivakr » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:23 pm

Hi sir, did you finally join Howrah rifle club.

Please share the club timings & membership fees.

Also am if anybody is aware are there any firearms shop in Howrah. I know there are several in Kolkata. Am curious to about shops in Howrah & Hooghly.

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:40 am

Shivakr wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:23 pm
Hi sir, did you finally join Howrah rifle club.

Please share the club timings & membership fees.

Also am if anybody is aware are there any firearms shop in Howrah. I know there are several in Kolkata. Am curious to about shops in Howrah & Hooghly.
Good Morning!

Yes, I joined the club, just before the onset of corona. Hardly visited a handful of times.
If I recall correctly, the annual fee was just about 15-20K, followed by 1-2k monthly charges after the year was up. I am sorry, I don't recall the exact figures. Planning to join again in a month or so, if COVID and other things don't mess up plans.

There are lots of gun shops in the Esplanade area. I'm not aware of shops in Howrah and Hooghly.

All the best.
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:58 am

Forget to add, their timings were Sunday mornings - better to reach by 9:00 a.m.
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:56 pm

thanks ..