How to start Trap/Skeet Shooting in Delhi

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
rks
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

How to start Trap/Skeet Shooting in Delhi

Post by rks » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:32 pm

Hello All,
I want to get trained in Trap or Skeet shooting from scratch and aspire to compete in tournaments gradually.
I have endlessly searched for the same on the internet and have not figured out a way to start my career in trap shooting.
From the searches so far I have been able to figure out that I need to get my self registered at Karni Singh Shooting range because that's the only range available in Delhi that provides trap and skeet shooting facility.
I need to find someone who is already trained in trap shooting and then learn the craft from him.

I am looking forward for suggestions on how to start my journey in trap shooting. And If I can accompany someone who is already doing trap shooting at karni singh range.
Also If I can get a list of trainers who I can reach out to and request to train me?
Sorry If I sound silly. I am a total noob in this domain.
Kindly see I am in desperate need of help because I have exhausted all the Google searches and can't see any way ahead.

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: How to start Trap/Skeet Shooting in Delhi

Post by dev » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:34 pm

Your best bet is to get the range membership or visit it a few times on the weekend. If you aren't an arms license holder then membership might be out. Go the skeet/trap range and generally talk to a shooter when he isn't practicing. they should point you in the right direction.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: How to start Trap/Skeet Shooting in Delhi

Post by mundaire » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:01 pm

Try viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24535&p=249736#p249736

Since the value of rupee has gone down since, the costs would be a bit more than in the post above, but the gist is the same.

You can also see viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11424&p=115183&hil ... re#p115183 that's sn even older post but some info is still relevant.

Don't be lazy, use the search function on the forum! :)

I've not replied to your mail sent directly to me, for why, please see viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2826

HTH
Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein