IFG air-rifle/pistol 10 metre comp.

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: IFG air-rifle/pistol 10 metre comp.

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:38 pm

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

come one Vikram, Grumpy, Dev, Nagarifle....let's bring out our cards and pellets. I know the shakes (?cold?alcohol) are at their greatest at present, but let's give it a go!
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

the challenge

Post by dev » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:01 am

Hokay,

I had thought I woulda creamed the springers with a recoil free gas rifle but as Miyagi San would say,"Everything not what it seem like." I don't know about the rest of teh dahlings but I shot some awful groups with in 18 or so minutes. My rifle being faster to load and all.

So here are the groups. My Rifle is a QB78 IN .22, Pellets were Crosman 14.3grain premiers. Shot in a slightly windy Delhi Day.

Will shoot a pistol group this week and get more chaps to shoot .

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:11 am

Oh heck, I accidentally posted a fresh topic called the challenge. Mods please to do the needful. Thousand apologies in advance. But I think I single handedly outshot the Bangalore rifle score. So c'mon Dahlings lets put them limp wrists to good use.

Dev

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

ten meter dahlings

Post by dev » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:39 pm

Okay shot the pistol match rushing from lunch hour.

Used a range LP 1 that had been upgraded to HPA.

Ollie shot his first air rifle match and kept most of the shots in the black. His HW is one sweet shooter though.

Hope the rest also start blasting back :lol:

Dev

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:21 pm

Like there is an evil side to everything, the devil did peep in all my cards too :(

Nevertheless, got some solid encouragement from Dev Uncle... and I seem to be in business too...

Mack The Knife bhai, please do excuse if i've fudged up in the scorings... this is the first time... experience maketh a man perfect.. :D

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:43 pm

Good going Dev and Anupam.

>Used a range LP 1 that had been upgraded to HPA.

What's a HPA, Dev?

>this is the first time... experience maketh a man perfect.

Same here Anupam. Guess we should do this more often-atleast once a month!

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:03 pm

High Pressure air or compressed air. It was originally a Co2 powered air pistol and now it has been changed to shoot compressed air. Steyr does sell an upgrade kit but this pistol looked doggy but shot quite decently. I am rather chuffed at the moment as I haven't shot air pistol for the last six months.

C'mon post your groups also.

Regards,

Dev

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:08 pm

Nice one guys lets see when i can post mine.

But Dev my brother where is your office situated, and how the hell did you manage to slip out during the lunch time. I need to get my hands on your trick book titled "how to sneak out of office"

Cheers
Sid

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:39 pm

dev";p="33916 wrote:High Pressure air or compressed air. It was originally a Co2 powered air pistol and now it has been changed to shoot compressed air.
Thanks Dev.

>C'mon post your groups also.

Will post the pistol groups as and when we shoot them. Tried shooting Mack The Knife's Steyr and I have a long way to go before I can get a decent grouping.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:00 am

Sid_kapur30";p="33924 wrote:Nice one guys lets see when i can post mine.

But Dev my brother where is your office situated, and how the hell did you manage to slip out during the lunch time. I need to get my hands on your trick book titled "how to sneak out of office"
Cheers
Sid
Dev Uncle charges 2.5K for such info... :evil:

Tried asking him once. Said, he'd give me a small discount due to the acquaintance.... :P

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:42 am

Olly bro, once a great man told me to stop begging and start snatching/stealing wont remember who the person was but hell i did take his advice seriously
"need to get my hands on the book titled "how to sneak out of office"

Cheers
Sid

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:47 am

Okay since its the season to be jolly i shall reveal technique but boys and girls don't try it out where you work. This stunt has been perfected after slogging for 15 years. Since Sid is in the same profession you begin the moment you get a brief. Chew on your pencil for a few days till the client servicing almost loses their confidence in you, the deadline is just 12 hours away. You must look totally dejected and say," I need some external stimuli, maybe even a one to one with the Target Audience..." Pick up your stuff, don't carry pellets in your coat pocket or any other proof. My office is in Okhla and I have timed that it takes 23 minutes of pushing the Bolero till it almost chokes. Now you have about ten minutes to set up and almost another 25 minutes to blast away very fast. Don't look at near tens and all just keep the foresight clear in airpistol and let go. Tughlakabad is 15 minutes away but I haven't tried getting a pistol out of their crabby hands yet and so i don't have the time requirement. Another thing don't let your score make you beam like an Eveready torch...your whizened old boss will put the 9's and 10's together.
Now get to your desk and write away like a madman. Since the deadline is now right there, the client servicing will normally take whatever you give them as the Gospel. But don't try this out unless really pushed it may just push you to the top of pink slip list.

Regards,

Dev

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:54 pm

haha, u really wanna get me sacked :D

Sid

p.s. will definitely try it the day i get more than 10 hrs. deadline :(

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:02 am

Guys, what is the outer diameter of the 10 metre rifle target? It looks awfully small :lol:
Regards,
Yaj.
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:11 am

Yaj";p="34031 wrote:Guys, what is the outer diameter of the 10 metre rifle target? It looks awfully small :lol:
Regards,
Yaj.
yaj seems 43mm
regards sanjiv