CCI/Speer launches 22lr match ammunition

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
mehulkamdar

CCI/Speer launches 22lr match ammunition

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:52 am

I have information from a good friend that the USAMU (US Army Marksmanship unit) tested CCI Select and found it very impressive. Street prices in the US are expected to be half those of Lapua and Eley MAtch. With a 40 grain bullet at 1200 fps, this is somewhat hotter than the competition. Rumours are that a top German manufacturer who has been very successful in recent months is likely to endorse this ammunition for their rifles. With Eley breaking their decades old association with Anschutz to back Bleiker, it is going to be interesting to see how this new competition works out.

Rumours also suggest that it was this ammunition in a Volquartsen sporter that outshot three different free rifles from different manufacturers in a comparative test by a leading gun magazine last year.

Cheers!

For Advertising mail webmaster
steyrshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: CCI/Speer launches 22lr match ammunition

Post by steyrshot » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:19 pm

Dear Mehul
Great piece of very valuable information, all the books i have on rimfire ammo keep mentioning CCI but as you may know ... not much CCI ammo gets into India ... mostly its Lapua or Eley.

Just a question ... normally ammo manufacturers try and keep the match ammo at around 1080 fps the so called "sub-sonic" round, is there any particular reason this round has been designed to do 1200 fps ?

Please keep us posted as regards any developments or information you get on this ammo, i really want to know more about this.

Infact any info on match ammo in .22 rimfire will be greatly appreciated .. thanks :D
With regards,
Steyrshot
And he lifted his pistol as the crowds cheered ... the sights sharpened ... the target blurred ... the finger squeezed ... DAMN !!! forgot to load the silly thing again :oops: ... The crowd now looks the other way ... I wake up from my Nightmare !!! :D

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:31 pm

umangvarma";p="3409 wrote:Just a question ... normally ammo manufacturers try and keep the match ammo at around 1080 fps the so called "sub-sonic" round, is there any particular reason this round has been designed to do 1200 fps?
Distance?

Mehul, can you find out at what distance the USAMU tested this cartridge?

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:12 pm

Mack The Knife,

The USAMU trains American shooters for all kinds of US and International competition. This was tested in the Olympic 3 position matches as well as in 50 metre benchrest.

Cheers!

Mehul

PS I have heard that the custom gun shop of the USAMU now offers it's services to civilian match shooters as well, though I am yet to confirm it. WIll post with full details when I have them.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:27 am

Thanks, Mehul.

Mack The Knife