Manufacturers approved by the Ministry of Sports

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
penpusher

Manufacturers approved by the Ministry of Sports

Post by penpusher » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:48 am

This might interest those interested in ISSF shooting

http://sportal.nic.in/front.asp?maincat ... dingid=139

Take care,
penpusher

For Advertising mail webmaster
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Manufacturers approved by the Ministry of Sports

Post by Grumpy » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:55 am

So that means that the only guns approved for Trap/Skeet shooting are Beretta and Perazzi ? What is the situation if you want to use a non-approved gun such as a Browning or Miroku or Renato Gamba or Krieghoff ? -To mention just four.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:40 am

And Carl Walther and Bleiker 22 lr rifles are also not on the list. Is it a surprise that despite having superb shooters India manages only the odd medal?

Grumpy,

You left out the very best - the British Holloway and Naughton. But then ? 50,000 trap guns are most likely going to be out of the reach of most Indian shooters...

Mehul

steyrshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by steyrshot » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:10 pm

Dear Guys
AFAIK , if your weapon / equipment is not on the approved list, you can make your case in writing to the NRAI , and they issue you a NOC which is present to the concerned ministry at the time your filling in your import papers/details.

The approved list pertains mostly to what is imported by SAI and NRAI for clubs , but many shooters bringing in newer models or customized older weapons can try and get approval on a individual case to case basis (pertains to top 25 re-known shots - the rest get to shoot whats available :( )

I think this also applies to the ammo shooters bring in, i know for a fact that trap/skeet shooters import russian as well as another low cost practice round thats not on the import list and switch to competition ammo a few days before their matches

PS: Browning may have been left off the list as a procedural error, but they can definitely be imported without objection... many top shotgunners including some close friends are using Brownings and some of the newer Browning trap/skeet models - so they are definitely allowed for import.

regards
umang
With regards,
Steyrshot
And he lifted his pistol as the crowds cheered ... the sights sharpened ... the target blurred ... the finger squeezed ... DAMN !!! forgot to load the silly thing again :oops: ... The crowd now looks the other way ... I wake up from my Nightmare !!! :D

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:14 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

Mack The Knife