Pistol match in India

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
mehulkamdar

Pistol match in India

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:09 am

Just got a mail from www.indianshooting.com telling me that they have a pistol match scheduled in India and that their website would have the details very soon. Those interested could check out their website and arrange to participate.

Cheers,

Mehul

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:30 am

They are even doing a special exemption (postal match) for our very own Dead Eye Dick aka M. Kamdar. :mrgreen:

First TT, then Indian Shooting. Always knew you just loved those ISSF disciplines. :wink:

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:01 pm

Mack The Knife,

I can afford to slam the ISSF as I was involved with it's father and grandfather :lol: the ISU and the UIT respectively in their matches. The thing is that I was a lot younger in those days and when I learned to think for myself, I waved them a firm goodbye.

I wrote to Indian shooting about our group as they claim to be the "only" Indian group on the net dedicated to shooting and they sent me this mail about this match. Look at it positively - they may also see the light and ditch their silly obsession with paper punching. 8)

To digress somewhat, I also went to the ISSF website and they claim that in 2004 they decided to go to the 22 lr in rapid fire pistol matches in order to make the sport more competitive due to the "increased recoil" of the 22 lr over the 22 short. As you know, I am not fond of recoil myself, but are these people serious about this? If they want recoil to be an issue bringing out competitiveness, why are the clowns staying with a ridiculous round like the 22 lr and that, too, in a pistol configuration that makes their guns heavier than the average 9mm Para or 45 ACP pistol? What a committee of clowns! :roll:

Mehul