Post by vishosingh » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:05 pm

more pics,..... these are pics of my tokarev 7.62

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Modern Over under shotgun

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:14 pm

Hi Visho,

That’s a nice looking O/U. Certainly better than other Indian made I have seen till date. how is the performance? Does Modern still make it? Can you please post some pics from breech side? some closeups.

Thanks

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:46 pm

Hi Inder.

If budget is not a constraint then over under guns by Khairuddin & Sons -Jammu cud be a gud buy. These guns were imported a few years back may be 10-12 years back. They carry the in.scripton Made in Spain -on the barrels and action. All guns are ejectors and such a pleasure to handle. Price was around 85000/- when I checked it last year.
Modern over unders are of course the best Indian made o/u. Prices are around 26 or 27 thousand in Delhi( prices vary- between shops- [email protected]%)
Though Mehar Singh does make O/U guns with ejectors but there is always some problem with their ejectors and most of the users I know are never happy due to their frequent visits to gunsmiths.

AC

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:58 pm

If budget is not a constraint then over under guns by Khairuddin & Sons -Jammu cud be a gud buy. These guns were imported a few years back may be 10-12 years back. They carry the in.scripton Made in Spain -on the barrels and action. All guns are ejectors and such a pleasure to handle. Price was around 85000/- when I checked it last year.
Import of shotguns by anybody other than Shooters with a renowned shot tag has been banned since 1986.Import of guns by dealers was stopped about 30 years earlier.What a scam.Write "Made in Spain" and make a cool 50-60,000/- profit.If these guns were made in Spain then they would carry Spainish proof marks,besides the IOF proof marks.

1.There are no Spainish made shotguns imported by any private manufacturer in India in the last 3-4 decades

2.There are no shotguns in India with Spainish made barrels made by any Khairuddin some thing some thing.

3.Barrels made from seamless tubes imported from Spain are not barrels made in Spain.

If you want "Made in Spain" written on your shotgun then it would cost you only a couple of bucks and not 50-60,000/- Mack The Knife has bought a much better and a puka phoren shotgun for about this amount.

penpusher

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:13 am

I had discussed actually posted on this forum regarding this Khairudin Spanish component gun. I saw one in India this time, my cousin was looking to purchase it. Per him, shotgun handles nice and was being touted as a steal for Rs 65000. I discussed this with penpusher and another person passed the message on.

Indian or Spanish, this might be a nicely put shotgun or its a nice marketing ploy.

Cheers

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:46 am

hi kanwar ,
modern is still manufacturing the gun . regarding the performance i would say beggers cant be choosers , it is a little front heavy but otherwise a well mannered gun, will post the pics of the breech soon
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:23 pm

Visho
Nice pics,where was the gun refurbished,they have done a neat job.
The imported barrels etc etc are just a sales gimmick.
penpusher is correct imports have been banned for more than 20 plus yrs now.
The one manufacturer from Jammu who did import compnents from Spain in the early 80's was Shiva Gun Works run by the late Dhirendra Bhramchari.
And when there was a noise made,he went under too.They stopped production in the late 80's.
Best
Sanjay

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:03 pm

hi sanjay the refurbishing has been done in a local gunsmithing shop under close supervision of yours faithfully
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:08 pm

Sanjay";p="14811 wrote:The one manufacturer from Jammu who did import compnents from Spain in the early 80's was Shiva Gun Works run by the late Dhirendra Bhramchari.
And when there was a noise made,he went under too.They stopped production in the late 80's.
I have heard about these guns but never seen them.

Visho, do you find the pistol grip on the Modern to be on the small side?

Mack The Knife

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:09 pm

QUite good. This is much like the Izhar & SOns 12 Bore O/U my cousin Farooq uses. That too does not have ejectors and does not have single selective triggers but it is a moderately good gun delivering fairly good patterns.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:26 pm

Hi,
Just checked up in Jammu .regarding the spanish O/U guns.

Khairuddin Spanish guns came at the same time when Shiva imported them. Rather a hue and cry was raised for the import and action was taken against both the manufacturers. These guns are part of that stock. Its barrels and actions were imported. The guns carry both the proof marks.The stocks were made in Jammu.
Its not just the word made in Spain ......u feel the difference when u handle the gun...smooth action...its such a pleasure to handle the weapon ...it can"t be made in India...its too good to have been made here!

AC

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:54 pm

The Spanish gun making industry has always been a progressive one. WOrld class guns are made there. Today the AYA guns made are simply superb.

Even Holland & Holland have got quite a few craftsmen brought from Spanish gun makers.

Why this hue and cry ? This is not sensible. We live in a global world and global markets now. If the Spaniards are more competent at making guns then let them make good guns and India should import guns for civilian sales through them. Indian craftsmen are great at making curios so theyu better concentrate on making handicrafts and curios and export them all over inclusive of Spain. This is much in line with the competitive advantage of nations theory being much toted by leading economists, I am sure there will be potential for some Indian gun makers too for employment in SPanish factories.

When will the Government of India wake up to reality ?

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:16 pm

The guns wernt O/U atleast the ones from Bhramchari's outfit Shiva,they were doubles and singles.
Had seen quite a few guns from Shiva in 90-91 with dealers in Punjab their quality and finish even after bringing in a few imported components was bad,they were not rated high even amongst the dealers in those days.
Depending on the use,cost not being a factor and the history of the weapon being made available one should go for an imported shotgun.
I am on the look out for one my self.
Sanjay