Trading on IFG - How to gain access & the rules

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
rahul567
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Trading on IFG - How to gain access & the rules

Post by rahul567 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:54 pm

:agree: Its a win-win situation

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:40 pm

thanks Abhijeet, taking the time out from your family :cheers: must stop asking question :lol: well may be not. :wink:
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: access in sale section

Post by mundaire » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:02 pm

shariq wrote:hello i have sended the mail as describe to web master but no access untill now is there any more formalities regards shariq

Please read the first post on this thread, this also goes for those of you who have sent me PM's requesting trading access in spite of it having be repeated several times within the post that NO request will be entertained via PM and NOT to PM any of the moderators in this regard!

For those of you who are having a hard time composing a proper application in English, please do feel free to ask for someone's assistance - BOTH in properly interpreting & understanding what the rules say/ imply AS WELL AS to help you compose your application.

While we understand that English is not the first language of many/ most members on this board, the language in use on the board is English and the rules are in English as well. We REALLY DO NEED to KNOW that you have UNDERSTOOD the trading rules before we allow access to posting classified advertisements here. We can only ascertain this through your application and therefore cannot offer any leniency in this regard.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

P.S. Minimum post count is 25 posts - one liners etc. will NOT be considered as a "real post". If you do not have the minimum required posts, please wait till you reach the required post count BEFORE applying, as your application WILL NOT be considered unless you satisfy this requirement.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:19 am

could i have clarification on this please.

IF YOU ARE an Arms dealer/ Commercial seller/ Manufacturer etc. please feel free to create a FREE listing under the Yellow Pages section here, DO NOT advertise in the classified here OR post links back to your products/ services etc. in your signature OR under any other section on this website.

what i want to know if one is a dealer but also has ones own personnel surplus items, can one sale as an individual member or not at all?
Nagarifle

bodhijobs
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by bodhijobs » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:24 am

shooter wrote:
Also, currently under discussion amongst the moderator team is a separate "commercial trader" policy
:agree: :clap:
All respectable forums do it so why not us. Trying to build a website i now realise firsthand the headache and the money it involves so why not get something in return?

Im quite surprised that you guys allowed freeloaders for as long as you did. Hats off to you guys.
Dear Moderators,

I am just wondering whether this move (which is an essential one for the maintenance of the forum) will further move up the already inflated prices because the commercial sellers would add up this cost also to their selling prices.

Request you to please look into this aspect also.

Regards
BDG
Shoot Safe and Shoot Smart...

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:03 am

this rule will be taken hard for those who have ulterior motives.
i feel,if you are genuine,it does not matter at all.

hiten
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hiten » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Congulates to Mod Team for Making IFG Systematic and organised

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:04 pm

How do we know what an over inflated price is?

Bruno22
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bruno22 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:35 pm

With all due respect to Mods and esteemed members may I suggest a simpler way for the IFG Buy n Sell section to operate smoothly. I have been a very active buyer and seller and on certain occasions have also done swaps where there was no money involved. You had what I needed and I happened to have what you were looking for.
Firstly any deal done through IFG does not in any way become the responsibility of IFG. I think that should be made clear to all members. IFG is just a platform for the seller.
Do not entertain or allow cry babies to vent their anguish on the site for a deal gone bad. They know what they are buying and who they are buying from. It was these posts that caused the most concern and led to a general waste of time. If they don't know the sellers reputation then don't do the deal. Simple. Keep the trading limit to not more than twenty thousand. This is important so that overpriced and inflated items don't even feature.
Do not allow comments on price what so ever. The buyer is deemed savvy enough to know when to part with his hard earned money.
Delete posts that break the rules.
The posting format is great and simple cut n paste works great. Insist on pictures but allow images lifted from the net along with the web link and a small line saying that the image is a representation of the product and not an actual picture of the product. Not everyone is handy with a digital camera.
The Buy n Sell section did give members a good exposure to what is available locally and internationally. It's sad that this great resource is no more. In fact it would allow those unscrupulous forces to further cheat buyers in the open market.
Be a honest and sincere seller, and be a savvy and well informed buyer.
These are my views on this subject.
Best regards
Bruno22
THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN PEACE, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN WAR.

rahul567
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rahul567 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Bruno22 wrote:With all due respect to Mods and esteemed members may I suggest a simpler way for the IFG Buy n Sell section to operate smoothly. I have been a very active buyer and seller and on certain occasions have also done swaps where there was no money involved. You had what I needed and I happened to have what you were looking for.
Firstly any deal done through IFG does not in any way become the responsibility of IFG. I think that should be made clear to all members. IFG is just a platform for the seller.
Do not entertain or allow cry babies to vent their anguish on the site for a deal gone bad. They know what they are buying and who they are buying from. It was these posts that caused the most concern and led to a general waste of time. If they don't know the sellers reputation then don't do the deal. Simple. Keep the trading limit to not more than twenty thousand. This is important so that overpriced and inflated items don't even feature.
Do not allow comments on price what so ever. The buyer is deemed savvy enough to know when to part with his hard earned money.
Delete posts that break the rules.
The posting format is great and simple cut n paste works great. Insist on pictures but allow images lifted from the net along with the web link and a small line saying that the image is a representation of the product and not an actual picture of the product. Not everyone is handy with a digital camera.
The Buy n Sell section did give members a good exposure to what is available locally and internationally. It's sad that this great resource is no more. In fact it would allow those unscrupulous forces to further cheat buyers in the open market.
Be a honest and sincere seller, and be a savvy and well informed buyer.
These are my views on this subject.
Best regards
Bruno22
:agree: :agree: Very well put bruno. i would call the cry babies the biggest fools. you have the internet to easily verify the margin seller is keeping. you make a bad choice your fault. But in case some seller shortchanges that is doesn't deliver what promise then he should be permanently banned

badcheetah
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by badcheetah » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:04 am

Wow, have missed quite a bit of interesting stuff on the forum ever since I have been involved with the Formula 1 project in India.
Good move, but like a coin has 2 sides, I guess so does this.
Just checked my post count, 22 after being on the forum since last 2 years. Guess I like reading what people have to have to add, and perhaps not reply. Not that I have anything to sell, but even if I wanted to I can’t .
But it was fun to see the for sale section and have a good laugh before going to sleep. Wonder where people are going these days to a get a BLANK FIRE GUN. ROTFL
I am quite surprised to see some of the replies , clearly the for sale section was going in the wrong direction . Someone had to fix this, as if my memory is correct we could not comment on the sale price of the item being put on sale.
i joined the forum to learn from all the wonderful people who take time , effort , money , to enrich and make me more intelligent about something I am very passionate about - GUNS .
Don’t know if this makes sense or not, but just wanted to add my 2 bit to this conversation.
Bad cheetah out ...
Bad Cheetah Out ....

Cheetah Bhi Peeta Hai ...

CanIndianHt
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by CanIndianHt » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:05 pm

To be very honest, some of the above rules are discouraging. You might wanna review your rules again, do consider new members before finalizing ur plan.

I myself would like to put a wanted post, but apparently, many rules here do not allow ppl like me to post any requests.
SAY NO TO ACTA

MNP
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by MNP » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:00 am

Hi,

Just a word on the "25 decent posts to your name with quality content" requirement for applying to use the buy/sell section. I've been on IFG for about a year but I find that I seldom have anything to say. I find answers to most questions I have by browsing through the discussions on the existing posts (usually, someone has faced the same problem before) and quite frankly, I don't know enough to be answering anyone else's questions. So I do not see myself ever meeting this requirement.

Is there any chance this rule may be reconsidered or relaxed? Thanks.

Regards,
NP

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:19 am

MNP wrote:Hi,

Just a word on the "25 decent posts to your name with quality content" requirement for applying to use the buy/sell section. I've been on IFG for about a year but I find that I seldom have anything to say. I find answers to most questions I have by browsing through the discussions on the existing posts (usually, someone has faced the same problem before) and quite frankly, I don't know enough to be answering anyone else's questions. So I do not see myself ever meeting this requirement.

Regards,
NP
why not start a new topic on your hobby etc and soon you are on your way to getting the 25 posts.
Nagarifle

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:13 pm

MNP wrote:Hi,

Regards,
NP
This rule i guess is put in place to restrict people from just logging in to trade their wares, the 25 post access is to encourage you to interact and contribute. so start a new topic or ask genuine questions on existing ones i am pretty sure that nobody anywhere has all the answers to all the questions.
/S/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.