Brands of air guns

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
ddgrego
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Brands of air guns

Post by ddgrego » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:24 am

What kind of brands of air guns do you all use over here.Am just curious whats everyones favorite?

For Advertising mail webmaster
dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Brands of air guns

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:26 am

what do you have?

ddgrego
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ddgrego » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:04 am

Beeman,Crosman,Gamo,Benjamin,Hammerli,Hatsan and Stoeger

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:55 am

Indian Made rifles currently being in production (in no particular order):

Indian Hume Pipe Co. Ltd., Vatwa (sold under IHP & National brands): 2 models of springer air-rifles, 1 springer air-pistol, 1 CO2 air-pistol, 1 CO2 air-rifle (are they still selling this?), 1 pre-charged pneumatic air-rifle. Plenty of reviews of their current and past models available on the forum.

ISW Guns Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata - Don't have details of their models; the proprietor is a member here and he may be able to provide details.

Pioneer Arms Co., Hisar - Used to own one of their springers as a child and it was my most prized possession growing up. Don't have that air-rifle with me any more nor any details of their current models

Daw's Enterprise, Kolkata - Don't have details of their models

Susanta Das & Bros., Kolkata - Don't have details of their models

Gift Industries, 24 Paragnas - Don't have details of their models

Ruby Industries, 24 Paragnas - Don't have details of their models

Aero Tech. Industries, Kolkata - Don't have details of their models

Aimco Enterprise, Kolkata - Don't have details of their models, but I do recall someone reviewing one of their air-rifles on the forum. Use the search function (top right hand corner of the page) for more. The proprietor is also a member here and he may be able to provide details.

Asit & Co., Kolkata - Don't have details of their models

B.K Industries, Kolkata - Don't have details of their models

E.S.A. Corporation, Kolkata - Don't have details of their models

Olympic, Kolkata - Don't have details of their models

R.S. & Co., Kolkata - Don't have details of their models

The Express Small Arms Co., Kolkata - Don't have details of their models

Tom Industries, Kolkata - Don't have details of their models

Magna Shot, Moradabad - Don't have details of their models

Hesbee Airgun Factory, Mohali - Their air-rifle is called the Model 35, looks a lot like the IHP Model 35 but never used it so cannot comment; it is available in .22 cal only. Their Air-pistol is the Senior Air Pistol Mark 3 and seems like a copy of the old Webley Senior air-pistol; it is available in .177 cal only.

New Light Art Works, Jodhpur - Shot one smooth bore tap loader (copy of old Webley) airgun made by them, don't have details of any other models or even whether they still produce the model I'd shot.

Supreme Iron & Steel Co., Pathankot (sold under Sisco brand) - Don't have details of their models, but IIRC there was a thread on the forum discussing their air-rifle

G. Smith & Co., Pune - There is a thread on the forum discussing their air-rifle, IIRC the reviews were a mixed bag with most tending towards the conclusion that the product was overpriced and failed to deliver on the manufacturer's claims.

Ram Krishan K Sharma, Godhra - Don't have details of their models

B.D. Patel & Sons, Ahmedabad - Don't have details of their models

To the best of my knowledge all of the above, except for Indian Hume Pipe, are small scale units.

The above list is not a comprehensive one, merely the manufacturers whose details I had handy with me. Maybe other members can add to the above...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:01 pm

Phew! :shock:
Abhijeet - serious recollection / listing of all air weapon manufacturers and their models in India - well done! :D
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

bandukbhandar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by bandukbhandar » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:02 pm

Ram krishan K sharma & B.D. Patel, these two firms are now no more in existence.

bodhijobs
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by bodhijobs » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:25 pm

mundaire wrote:Indian Made rifles currently being in production (in no particular order):
The above list is not a comprehensive one, merely the manufacturers whose details I had handy with me. Maybe other members can add to the above...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Olympic Sports, Kolkata: makers of Canon 35 Air Rifle in 0.177 Calibre and Caon 65 Air Rifle in 0.22 Calibre

Regards
BDG
Shoot Safe and Shoot Smart...

ddgrego
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ddgrego » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:30 am

nice list ill look some of them up. tx!

rahul567
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Brands of air guns

Post by rahul567 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi ddgrego,
Which hatsan model do you have , what's your opinion about the brand, I am really eager to try out their Pcp models.
Otherwise I am total weihrauch fan

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:58 pm

bodhijobs wrote:
mundaire wrote:Indian Made rifles currently being in production (in no particular order):

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Olympic Sports, Kolkata: makers of Canon 35 Air Rifle in 0.177 Calibre and Caon 65 Air Rifle in 0.22 Calibre

Regards
BDG
BDG - Canon are made by Aero tech not by olympic...
Thanks

GANESH TT

ddgrego
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ddgrego » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:54 pm

i have a 155 and it shoots very hard.Needs alot of shots to calm down even after i tuned it up.trigger is a decent trigger and was a little better after it was polished a bit.I would like one of there pcp guns also but they are hard to come by over here.I do have a benjamin discover and Marauder and a marauder pistol in pcp that are pretty good tack drivers.i also have a 60s in .22 that shoots very well.both guns are a little tough to cock so not for the weak arm.They do seem to be a little hold sensitive too.

sumanngon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sumanngon » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:42 am

I have a Weirauch HW 77K, Webley MK3, Webley Patriot, Air Arm TX 200 MK3, Tech Force TF58 Contender Side Lever, BSA Meteor MK5, RWS Model 54 side cocking, CZ Slavia, IHP.
Still My favourite is Weirauch HW 77K and Webley MK3. Patriot is also a good friend of mine but I have a big IF for it...for the quake it creates...Damage done is something to gloat about though.
All due respect to Indian made guns but seduction is not their forte. Its just a spring based projectile for me. Tuning it makes it good though.

bodhijobs
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by bodhijobs » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:38 am

Ganesh TT wrote:
bodhijobs wrote:

Cheers!
Abhijeet

Regards
BDG
BDG - Canon are made by Aero tech not by olympic...
Ganesh: Sorry bro, I have Canon LG 35 with me and I had personally picked it up from Olympic Kolkata, a small shop near Lalbazar police station. OLympic has been manufacturing Canon 35 & 65 for quite some time now. I dont know whether previously they used to get manufactured by Aero Tech or not but as on today Olympic manufactures it.

BDG
Shoot Safe and Shoot Smart...

ddgrego
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ddgrego » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:38 am

ive been looking up some of the rifles available to you all and they r pretty cool looking.Hardly any are available where im at but if they were id get one or 2 of them.

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:44 am

Found this interesting thread which needs to be updated..

Precihole - air rifle, air pistol & pellets..

(Please help populating missing Indian brands here)