I was stabbed.

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Re: I was stabbed.

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:14 am

Skyman wrote:Thank you all.I don't fear anything or hate anyone.My sudden loss of memory is alarming.Didn't get much sleep for the third night in a row.I was startled so many times the wound started to burn.

Can't sit for more than 15-20 min.
Dear bro,

Though I am not a medical practitioner or a psychiatrist, what I write is from experiences - personal and those of others close to me.

1. Do not worry about memory - it will all return in due course. Just give the trauma and the medications some time to wash out.

2. Do not tax the abdomen region by sitting straight for prolonged periods - since it gets pushed from beneath and by the weight from above. Try to lie on your back on the bed by arranging the pillows, in say 120 degrees with the abdomen-tummy protruding out and up. Do not dangle the legs much; instead raise them and out them flat and parallel on the bed.

3. The burning sensation will persist till the stitches heal out and the threads get dissolved internally. It will go down in due course and gradually disappear. Just make sure that the wound is kept dry for faster recovery.

4. BTW what were you doing just prior to opening the door ? Were you reading (studying) for your board exams ? If so, that could probably be the reason for the brain to "de-register" the alphabets as it might be associated with the trauma. Do not worry too much; the brain is a wonderful machine - it *will* sort things out itself. Plus when you re-start reading, the things will all come back in a flash. Right now your "panic" is the result of a feeling that things have slipped out of control, which is normal under the circumstances.

5. Currently, what the brain is probably doing is "prioritize". First and foremost it's job is to get out of trauma which you may or may not accept fully. Next, it has to heal you both internally and externally. Once that work is done, then mundane things like studies, languages, alphabets etc. etc. will be addressed. So stay put - and await that experience of "arre yeh toe pata tha mujhe" in days to come. :-) (BTW a "great and good" news or experience is also a trauma !!! SO imagine what all the brain has to work out on. ;-) )

Wish you speedy recovery. :cheers:

regs
A.

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:54 am

airgun_novice wrote:
Skyman wrote:Thank you all.I don't fear anything or hate anyone.My sudden loss of memory is alarming.Didn't get much sleep for the third night in a row.I was startled so many times the wound started to burn.

Can't sit for more than 15-20 min.
Dear bro,
Though I am not a medical practitioner or a psychiatrist, what I write is from experiences - personal and those of others close to me.

1. Do not worry about memory - it will all return in due course. Just give the trauma and the medications some time to wash out.
2. Do not tax the abdomen region by sitting straight for prolonged periods - since it gets pushed from beneath and by the weight from above. Try to lie on your back on the bed by arranging the pillows, in say 120 degrees with the abdomen-tummy protruding out and up. Do not dangle the legs much; instead raise them and out them flat and parallel on the bed.
3. The burning sensation will persist till the stitches heal out and the threads get dissolved internally. It will go down in due course and gradually disappear. Just make sure that the wound is kept dry for faster recovery.
4. BTW what were you doing just prior to opening the door ? Were you reading (studying) for your board exams ? If so, that could probably be the reason for the brain to "de-register" the alphabets as it might be associated with the trauma. Do not worry too much; the brain is a wonderful machine - it *will* sort things out itself. Plus when you re-start reading, the things will all come back in a flash. Right now your "panic" is the result of a feeling that things have slipped out of control, which is normal under the circumstances.
5. Currently, what the brain is probably doing is "prioritize". First and foremost it's job is to get out of trauma which you may or may not accept fully. Next, it has to heal you both internally and externally. Once that work is done, then mundane things like studies, languages, alphabets etc. etc. will be addressed. So stay put - and await that experience of "arre yeh toe pata tha mujhe" in days to come. :-)
(BTW a "great and good" news or experience is also a trauma !!! SO imagine what all the brain has to work out on. ;-) )
Wish you speedy recovery. :cheers:
regs
A.
:agree: 100%

Hi Skyman,
> What AGN has so clearly said is all there's to it.
> All the best for a "Speedy Recovery" :D
Briha

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:04 am

I was at my books yes.The stapled it.5 pins.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

renjith747
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by renjith747 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:11 am

Dear brother,
First of all be thankful to god as you got your precious life back.Whatever happened is past it already gone, so don't think that it so happened to you.Live in present , believe in yourself bro.Try to remember in this age where ever you are think that there were so many obstacles for you to reach this age of your life.You cleared all those difficulties with faith and will power.For the future also you can do your best.Focus to your goals in life ,leave all worries aside.Don't be so sad ....cheer up dude....you can reach whatever you wish with determination and hard work.Life is infront of you ...just remember all is well.Wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards
Renjith.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:36 am

I couldn't believe what you had written. Good Lord man, very well done. Let's say that you have begun a new life. Don't get hassled about anything, worry only about getting well. I would recommend a meditation practice like transcendental meditation. Remember that you have your whole life ahead of you.
Don't worry about anything your boxing skill has saved you. We are all proud of you and hope that you will be in great shape soon.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Skyman,
Dont be unduly worried about your memory lapses. This a natural self protection mechanism, which the brain kicks in, the idea is to prevent traumatic images to be replayed again and again, this causes a lot of anxiety and stresses up the mind and body, preventing speedy recovery. When your body has recovered fully and you have emotionally put the event behind you, one fine day , it will all come back to you. Till then take a lot of rest and quit worrying about your memory.
Best Regards

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Err.....i have forgotten a lot of important stuff you know.Stuff essential for me to pass and get into a good college.

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Skyman wrote:Err.....i have forgotten a lot of important stuff you know.Stuff essential for me to pass and get into a good college.
Whenever I heard my son say this I would tell him to go to the exam hall, write something and fail rather than give the cop out excuse that he will not attend the exam because he can't recall a thing.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:55 pm

Skyman
Try going over the stuff once again, it may come back.
Best Regards

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:50 pm

I will, once i can sit up long enough.

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:09 pm

Skyman,

I am quite saddened to hear this! I am also relieved that you have come out of it intact.

As mentioned by others, I hope you are aggressively pursuing this with the police. Not only by filing reports but following up frequently.

In addition, continue to pay attention to your health and keep recovering.

I do not wish to make light of all the emotions that accompany an attack like this, just realize there is injury there as well but those will heal too given the proper attention. Ignoring them usually does not work as well as planned. This is going to be compounded by what appears to be a non-support from your family but also realize it is frightening to them and most likely they are acting this way because they do not know how to act any other, it being a strange, frightening, and new situation for them.

Peace, Good Health, and Good Luck my Friend!

Sincerely,

Mark
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:52 am

Well my father made some noise about me having to give a statement.That clanging has faded.I doubt it will be revived.I think it will be swept under the rug.

After i came home, i traced the sequence of events by the blood spatter.There was blood on the walls, ceiling, floor, inside,outside.....I took a good two hours or so to fall asleep but did sleep a bit.No nightmares.

I had a series of very very strange dreams though.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:33 am

yes a little blood goes a long way, dreams are related to your experinces and thoughts, they will pass away in time. stay blessed
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:49 am

Came from the hospital now.The doctor remarked i had not smiled during my stay nor during the check up.Predictably, he too treated it as some minor thing.These people believe the danger has passed and all is well.

Who the hell smiles after getting stabed?

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:18 am

Skyman,
No, I would'nt smile either.But what really beats me is the reaction from your side of the family, :shock:
Regards and Chin Up.