I was stabbed.

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: I was stabbed.

Post by Skyman » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:50 am

Yes, they profusely thanked the lord for saving me.And blamed bad luck.

I shall treat myself to a meal or something when i can to celebrate.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

For Advertising mail webmaster
tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:03 pm

Skyman wrote:
I shall treat myself to a meal or something when i can to celebrate.
And we will all be with you to raise the toast!!! We are eagerly waiting for that moment :D :D :D

:cheers:
tirpassion

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:33 pm

hvj1 wrote:Skyman,
No, I would'nt smile either.But what really beats me is the reaction from your side of the family, :shock:
Regards and Chin Up.
> But what really beats me is the reaction from your side of the family :roll: :roll: :roll:
> Time is the Best Healer - Cheer UP :D
Briha

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 am

skyman

Cant add more to what folks have already mentioned...thanks god your are safe by your brave actions..hang in there and keep writing. Try meditation and things will work out..

Good luck

Cheers

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:24 am

Skyman, again wishing you a speedy recovery. Just don't let anybody's comments / reactions come in the way. You know what they say - in through one ear, out through the other. We are generally fatalistic as a people - if you crack the exams, people will thank God for it, and if you flunk, you are the culprit!!

We IFG bros are there to support you, at least through our words. Take care to get the physical side OK. Memory, etc. will come back. As the guys said above, your brain is trying to prioritise healing, so don't push it further to remember your course syllabus (anyway those damn syllabuses are a devil to remember!)

If you have missed your exams, don't start preparing right now. Give your brain some time to get back to normal. Read something light - whatever makes you feel relaxed. No problem at all if you find you can't remember some words, it'll come back. Don't concentrate on the detective work now, let the cops do it.

Take care and bounce back. We are all waiting to raise a toast to you!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Thank you essdee!

Surprise surprise! The cops turned up to take my statement.There was a 2 star cop with stinky socks :roll: and his junior.To his credit he was polite.He came in, and made small talk regarding the dimensions of our house and the water table :shock: for a bit.

He then asked me to narrate what happened.He was quite stupefied by the story.He said " This could have been robbery or murder.If he asked you to come out, it would have been robbery.If he tried to come in it would be murder case". :shock: How simple.If you are called out, you will be robbed.If someone tries to come in, you will be killed.Remember this chaps.

He then proceeded to express amazement at the fact that i had fought him off.He went so for as to ask which gym i frequent :lol: .He mentioned most people he came across usually ended up scared senseless and shocked.He also mentioned with pride he has arrested 7 people.Word of warning, he mentioned crooks target women during the afternoons, when the menfolk are not at home.

Now this is the fun part.I dragged them to show the bloodstains which corroborated my story.There was blood on the ceiling, walls, floor, on the door every where.He waved me aside and told his asst " Incident happened outside ( I was inside, he was outside ) " and told us " You should have cleaned all these marks.Simply complication for us." :shock: :shock: ROTFL .He was asking us to get rid of clues!

He then asked to see the wound.On seeing the wound, he shook his head very knowledgeably and said " The knife was sharp, it has caused injury. " :roll: ROTFL :deadhorse: ! Of course it bloody was!

He then magnanimously bade us call him at any hour if there was trouble.He asked for the T Shirt i was wearing at that time as evidence to be submitted.And went on his way.

Defend yourselves, that you might not come across this foolishness.

ribaalber
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ribaalber » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:19 pm

" The knife was sharp, it has caused injury. "
he's been watching too much CID

Daya.... "yeah to Chaku ki nisaan hain. Ishka matlab chaku ka istamaal kiya gaya hain"
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms .... disarm only
those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....."
- Thomas Jefferson

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general.
~Mark Rippetoe

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:08 pm

Skyman wrote:Thank you essdee!

Surprise surprise! The cops turned up to take my statement.There was a 2 star cop with stinky socks :roll: and his junior.To his credit he was polite.He came in, and made small talk regarding the dimensions of our house and the water table :shock: for a bit.

He then asked me to narrate what happened.He was quite stupefied by the story.He said " This could have been robbery or murder.If he asked you to come out, it would have been robbery.If he tried to come in it would be murder case". :shock: How simple.If you are called out, you will be robbed.If someone tries to come in, you will be killed.Remember this chaps.

He then proceeded to express amazement at the fact that i had fought him off.He went so for as to ask which gym i frequent :lol: .He mentioned most people he came across usually ended up scared senseless and shocked.He also mentioned with pride he has arrested 7 people.Word of warning, he mentioned crooks target women during the afternoons, when the menfolk are not at home.

Now this is the fun part.I dragged them to show the bloodstains which corroborated my story.There was blood on the ceiling, walls, floor, on the door every where.He waved me aside and told his asst " Incident happened outside ( I was inside, he was outside ) " and told us " You should have cleaned all these marks.Simply complication for us." :shock: :shock: ROTFL .He was asking us to get rid of clues!

He then asked to see the wound.On seeing the wound, he shook his head very knowledgeably and said " The knife was sharp, it has caused injury. " :roll: ROTFL :deadhorse: ! Of course it bloody was!

He then magnanimously bade us call him at any hour if there was trouble.He asked for the T Shirt i was wearing at that time as evidence to be submitted.And went on his way.

Defend yourselves, that you might not come across this foolishness.
Your case gets interesting by the day. Just hope it's not as bad as I think it could be. Be careful and stay alert. :cheers:

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:19 pm

Thank you, i shall.

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Skyman,

I heaved a big sigh of relief when I came to the end of your narrative. You have shown great presence of mind in acting as you have done. Your speed of reactions and fast response time coupled with your earlier training have enabled you to come out of a potentially lethal situation with flying colours. Despite the serious injury and shock and trauma suffered by you, you have coped very well with the stress.

You are also doing well to prepare yourself for meeting any dangerous eventualities in the future also. Dangers cannot be wished away but must be faced and overcome.

You are thinking of buying a knife for the present and have been asking for and getting advice from fellow members also. Go for the best one you can afford and practice a lot. Of course even drawing a knife takes time and you saved yourself with your hands and body reactions.

You showed a lot of interest in the lever action versus double rifle debate for self and home defence purposes. I hope you will acquire a firearm of your own soon. Meanwhile keep talking to us and keep your chin up.

Wishing you an early and complete recovery.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Thank you, i was in for a rude shock as to how lightly people take defense.I do hope i will be able to get a nice rifle to start with, seeing handguns are far too expensive.

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:29 pm

[quote="Skyman"]Thank you, i was in for a rude shock as to how lightly people take defense.I do hope i will be able to get a nice rifle to start with, seeing handguns are far too expensive.[/quote

How are you doing mate. Try and give your exams when you can, too bad you had to miss them because of this unfortunate incident. Please complete your education first. Firearms, knives and what not will follow. Good things in life to those who wait.

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:34 pm

I studied for about three hours yesterday.After that there was some kind of darkness in my vision.Went to college today to discuss my options.Felt dizzy after climbing the stairs.

Quite disturbed by both events.Hope it goes away.

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Skyman,

If you are serious about the safety of you and your family, you should implement the suggestion about installing a door chain on the front door of your house immediately. You should also seriously consider installing an outward opening grill door in front of your main door.

Regards.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:10 pm

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20062

I am sure these suggestion will be taken well.I was accused of aspiring to be a dacoit because i have a knife lol....