I was stabbed.

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
PinoySteel
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: I was stabbed.

Post by PinoySteel » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Glad to hear you lived through your experience; I'm of the mindset that this kind of thing can happy anywhere at any time, and I prepare for it. You may have got stabbed, but you survived and your entire life is ahead of you. Take the time you need and I'm glad to hear you have acquired a good knife for yourself and are training with it. I completely understand how your parents feel about your knife and experience and also about the ineptitude of many Indian policemen. Let this experience make you stronger, rather than weaker. In life we either sink, swim or doggy paddle. Be Michael Phelps. :D

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:29 pm

First, let me congratulate you on your lucky escape. It is unfortunate that someone as young as you has had to experience something like this.
However, I hope you can take something positive away from this experience:
Be alert at all times, especially when someone gets within arms length of you. Anticipate, anticipate, anticipate; try not to stay in condition white (see Cooper Color Code - below).

Try and concentrate on your studies because no matter what, if you flunk your exams, you will be the only one to suffer.
You can blame Karma, circumstances, bad luck, Tom, Dick or Harry but doing badly in your exams will only affect you.
Get motivated, spit in the face of Karma, circumstance and bad luck. You will have beaten them all if you can still do well in your exams.
Remember the most important thing- a motto for life; "Illegitimi non carborundum"!!!

As you have seen, you cannot depend on anyone else for your personal security. As you have learned, many people expect others and/or the non-existent "Police" to protect them.
It is going to be up to you..... and only you, to defend yourself at all times. You must take responsibility for your own security and well being because no one else can or will.

Additional resources:
The Cooper Color Code
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:02 pm

Thanks.Coming from you, i know you understand what it means to be vigilant always.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

ssmickey.32
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ssmickey.32 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:11 pm

I am happy you are alive... I too had Gun pointing on my head few years back... i am happy i am alive...

You are undergoing a trauma now which i am sure you will overcome soon. You are indeed brave and you saved your family member(s) from a big threat.

Now, it's time to take necessary precautions dear. One of the precautions is to have a supplementary door in front of your main door. Generally we have wire mesh on supplementary doors but i recommend that you have iron grill on the upper half of door in place of wire mesh. So now, when you open the door, you will open the Main door first and then there will be a locked supplementary door through which you can see/analyse/communicate as the grill is there. You can exchange couriers etc etc without even opening the supplementary door and every member of your house will feel safe each time they operate the doors.

I carry my gun inside the waist band even at home and believe me, every odd time, when the bell rings, i open the Velcro of my holster and i am all prepared...

Take care of your health & get well soon... :)
When the power of love overcomes the love of power - the world will know peace.

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Hey Skyman, the way you defended urself was really great. Thats why its important to learn and keep practicing martial arts. Any untrained guy in ur place would probably have just frozen out of fear and become a sitting duck.

One thing important is to strengthen ur home defense. Get an iron grill gate installed on ur front door. U can also go for a cctv camera if u can afford one.

Take plenty of rest and get well soon.

Remember : If it doesn't kill you, it only makes you stronger.