Delhi State Rifle Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Delhi State Rifle Association

Post by dev » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:59 am

Mostly what you have said is right Bodhi. As far as the shooter's id card is concerned, one gets it only after participating in a few state and GVMs. Till then the Delhi State card is used as an id.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Has anyone heard back from DSRA regarding their memberships? I believe they approved a few members on the 28th of September and am wondering what the next steps are...

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:59 am

1. Shooter's ID is required for matches conducted by NRAI, i.e. North Zone, GV Mavalankar, Nationals etc. One does not require it for State Championships.

2. To shoot the State Championship, one does not even have to be a member of DSRA. You can play as a guest (under Permanent Resident of Delhi, category). Therefore for beginning competitive shooting, DSRA membership is NOT required.

3. One can temporarily take the Annual Membership of DSRA and later convert it to Life Membership, whenever it opens.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Any update regarding the DSRA memberships? I've been waiting for over a year now and all I'm getting out of their officials are excuses. I sent my original application for a life membership on 4th Jan 2013, and filled out their updated form for an annual membership in early September. Still no update!!!

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:23 am

What i want to understand is why is the Life Membership closed and why is DSRA being so tardy?
Are they afraid that more voting members will mean that the old guard will lose power?
Everybody is angry about it yet no one will come out in the open and say anything.
Some one had to bell the cat i guess
To Excellence through Diligence.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:38 am

The Delhi state has had a set back with the passing away of its president recently. However, they have still gone ahead and a cracker of a job in organising the North Zone and now the Nationals. Please come and enjoy the nationals at the Dr.Karni Singh range. You will probably take back your harsh words, when you realise, how just a few men have pulled off such an extravaganza.
Now we have Jaspal Rana as the head and things will quickly come together. The problem is that while the body was created to promote the shooting sports, most would be members are only interested in joining, to import toys.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:43 am

I understand that, but you have to keep in mind that my initial application for membership was received by DSRA in November 2011! Then they asked me to send themodified ones in January 2012 and September 2013! Each time I got a different excuse for the delays. They are a professional organization and should behave like one.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:51 pm

dev wrote: The problem is that while the body was created to promote the shooting sports, most would be members are only interested in joining, to import toys.
Dev, mentioning this in context to this conversation sounded more like an accusation than a reason why memberships are delayed. But I am sure I am reading this wrong.

My own membership is pending since 2012. I have participated in over 3 GVMs and wanted to restart shooting after a gap of a decade. Went to Karni Singh for months but only did holding practice since there was no ammo. DSRA did not issue a membership.

Btw, I am a lifetime member of NRAI so 'importing toys' was certainly not an agenda.

I have heard from you and others the good work done by DSRA, my experience clearly has been otherwise and attending the Nationals did not change my opinion.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:41 am

Annual membership is open; its only the Life Membership that is on hold.
Unless there is some issue with the application, the annual membership are being given. If anyone wants, do PM me your name and relevant details of the application, and I can try and find out the reasons for delay. Ofcourse there is an assessment made as to the 'need for the membership'. Again, in genuine cases, there is no problem in granting annual membership.

Junior memberships are virtually given on demand.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:24 pm

Again, why is life membership being put on hold?
What is the reason?
To Excellence through Diligence.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:53 pm

Answering that is in the domain of the Governing Board of the Association, and there are valid reasons for the same too, which us mortals needn't get into. It is a duly elected body - empowered to take its decisions.

But, as far as benefits relating to 'shooting' are concerned, I guess all benefits accrue to the Annual members equally. Hence those desirous of using the DSRA membership for their pleasure of shooting and sports, should limit themselves to availing of the Annual membership and later converting the same to Life membership, as and when it becomes available. Its the same thing again - enjoy the mangoes, why count the trees ! 8)

:cheers:

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:57 pm

SS wrote: My own membership is pending since 2012. I have participated in over 3 GVMs and

Dear SS,
Could you shed more light on which state you represented when you shot in the 3 GVMs ? I am sure you would need a state association membership to qualify and later represent the state in the GVM, as GVM is a All India level competition !

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Safarigent wrote:What i want to understand is why is the Life Membership closed and why is DSRA being so tardy?
Are they afraid that more voting members will mean that the old guard will lose power?
Everybody is angry about it yet no one will come out in the open and say anything.
Some one had to bell the cat i guess

Well, NRAI has closed Life Membership... wonder why are they being so tardy ? Whether they are afraid or not... OR who will bell the cat are therefore irrelevant questions.

A popular club in South Delhi has shut its Life Membership too... The Delhi Gymkhana does not offer membership to mortals at all, and for some others, gives it after 25 years... So, does it mean anything ?

:)

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Olly wrote: Dear SS,
Could you shed more light on which state you represented when you shot in the 3 GVMs ? I am sure you would need a state association membership to qualify and later represent the state in the GVM, as GVM is a All India level competition !
Dear Olly,

Daly College, Indore. Madhya Pradesh.
Twice in Ahemdabad, once in Phillaur, Punjab. Would you like to see the certificates!? And no, a state membership isn't (or at least wasn't) required to participate in GVMs. Thank you for letting me know it's an All India competition, wouldn't have guessed.

Also, 2 clubs doing the wrong thing doesn't make it right, nor does it make the question irrelevant.

Still waiting for the membership...new forms submitted for annual membership.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:58 pm

Wow ! What sarcasm in your tone !!

Your participation in 3 GVMs surely makes me feel shy... and I have no desire to see your certificates - it makes me feel happy just to read about your conquests... I am still a novice and a learner, you see... :)

Well, clubs doing right or wrong is your individual perception. They do it within their rules.

So, you opted for annual membership from DSRA after all... hope you let them know about how wrong they were in not offering you Life Membership !

Best of luck, anyways...

:cheers: