Tiruchirapalli rifle club on the verge of closing

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
GOCOOL2000
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by GOCOOL2000 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Rifle club Trichy is on the verge of closing down in view of the tussle between the district collector and the superintendent of police as to who is the president of the association.
Nothing is illegal untill you get caught

For Advertising mail webmaster
veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Tiruchirapalli rifle club on the verge of closing

Post by veeveeaar » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:36 pm

This is the case of two swords in the same scabbard. In a city commissioner-ate setup , the commissioner of police is the final say in the city regarding arms ,law and order. In the district administration, the collector is boss and the SP is his "" LATHI"". Even in Coimbatore,I heard that the COP is throwing his weight on the same issue.This seen by IPS guys as an opportunity to show their weight.It is of course the poor sportsman who is caught between the lion and crocodile.

GOCOOL2000
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by GOCOOL2000 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:47 pm

Infact for the past 2 years, no annual general body meeting has been conducted. Though previosly the collector has been the ex officio president - the lady collector has not convened the meeting till date and whenever the secretary seeks an date for convening the meeting, the collector doesn't give dates. My application is pending consideration for the past 1 1/2 years.
Nothing is illegal untill you get caught

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:20 pm

I beg to differ. It has more to do with the infighting amongst the office bearers and the mis management by the secretary which has led to the present decay.
Regs
Sudhaiob

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:45 pm

DC should be the chairman and SP the president
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:10 pm

I happen to know some of the ex top brass of that association. The matter is a little more complicated though it boils down to ego. Some very good shooters in that association. I do hope that commonsense prevails.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Sad to hear about the state of affairs. I believe that encouraging shooting as a hobby and sport in India is a very important long term goal to get aam aadmi law abiding people shooting and able to handle guns.

pradeep2374
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pradeep2374 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:49 pm

Any updates on Trichy rifle club? is it still active?? I am looking for from help from rifle club members from Trichy to import a air rifle, can anybody help? Thank you, Best regards, Pradeep

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:25 pm

It is in limbo
Regs
Sudhaiob

pradeep2374
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pradeep2374 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:51 am

sudhaiob wrote:It is in limbo
Regs
Sudhaiob
Any news about when the Trichy Rifle Club, will be functioning again? Best regards, Pradeep

Vazir Ali
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Vazir Ali » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:57 pm

I have seen here funny rumour comments against Tiruchirappalli District Rifle Club {TDRC} which is not truth and it's lead by Honorable Secretary and under monitoring of TNSA smoothly.

I am member of the TDRC since the club inaugurated {2010} and l have renewed my membership every year and last March I have renewed my membership up to 2019.

Every year TDRC shooters are participating in competitions and won the medals and myself also participated last state meet as well.

I wish all success to TDRC and proud to be a member of this club.

Best Regards,
Vazir Ali Member TDRC.

Delhione
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Delhione » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:11 pm

In order to garner support from fellow members and to prove your bona-fide you should present your point with specific facts and figures. Thereafter only the outsiders with genuine ethos of promoting Shooting would come forward and interfere.

Otherwise it just seems a case of tussle of supremacy over this Club, where the member Shooters are suffering silently.

Therefore request you to highlight the issue and the details of structuring of Club, so that outsider experts can support your cause, if found genuine.

sgokul2006
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sgokul2006 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:34 pm

towhom so ever... Trichy rifle club is functioning.... And participants are going to hit at madurai state meet.. Secretary is Mr. Ashok Rathinavelu....if any one need contact I can give you... Kindly don't believe in these humbugs....

alwinthomas
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by alwinthomas » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:21 pm

Vazir Ali wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:57 pm
I have seen here funny rumour comments against Tiruchirappalli District Rifle Club {TDRC} which is not truth and it's lead by Honorable Secretary and under monitoring of TNSA smoothly.

I am member of the TDRC since the club inaugurated {2010} and l have renewed my membership every year and last March I have renewed my membership up to 2019.

Every year TDRC shooters are participating in competitions and won the medals and myself also participated last state meet as well.

I wish all success to TDRC and proud to be a member of this club.

Best Regards,
Vazir Ali Member TDRC.
where is your range?...or office..
Last edited by alwinthomas on Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alwinthomas
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by alwinthomas » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:30 pm

The real fact is Tiruchirapalli Rifle Association is not functioning in a open window manner. Because there is an unsolvable problem in reopening the club.If there exists such a club , please give me the exact firing range location atleast name board :wink: . The reason behind this case is politics and money....No one here is to develop shooting as a sport...business minded junk heads.
Last edited by alwinthomas on Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.