Is it safe to buy imported guns from Relish Sports?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Is it safe to buy imported guns from Relish Sports?

Post by maverick786us » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:03 am

Buying an imported Air gun involves too much of mess like dealing with customs, membership of shooting club. I just found this website
http://relishsports.com/buy-online/air- ... combo.html

They sell imported air guns. I write an email to clear some of my queries, and this is what they replied.

"All airguns on our website are imported

The final price of any item will be displayed on the checkout page itself when you add the item to cart and you do not need to pay anything above that . Most credit card are accepted , if you face any difficult you can choose other payment method from bank deposit/cheque/DD /NEFT and also debit card. COD is not possible as of now

Note that our total price for the air guns listed on our website include :
1. Customs clearance, which will be our responsibility.
2. Return guarantee : The best thing when you shop at relishsports.com is - you have our solid Return Guarantee - if you feel you are not satisfied , you can return the product within 31 days for a FULL refund. You do not need to return to manufacturer abroad but to us here in India
3. Delivery guarantee: You will also have delivery guarantee (FULL cost of item+ shipping cost refund otherwise) ,
4. Warranty (in India)
5. Any applicable duties, taxes and charges (you do not pay anything extra except octrai if applicable in your city)

If you have any other query you can call us on 07588-66-22-77 (11 am to 8 pm )

Thanks"

So what is your suggestion on this? Should I feel safe and buy good imported air guns from this dealer? Since I am an IT professional, I don't have time to join some shooting club or get into the mess of customs.

If anyone from you gentlemen, have purchased item from this dealer, can you share your experience?

For Advertising mail webmaster
estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Is it safe to buy imported guns from Relish Sports?

Post by estousandy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:14 am

I can't stress this enough but please go through this board itself to see what others discussed about these topics a zillion times. The website you just found has been around from a long time & most if not all here knows about it.

If you need to buy any guns from this & similar sites in India, you need a club membership. A MUST. No exceptions. I guess that hasn't changed recently.

Mods should consider a sticky on this topic to address such queries.
Last edited by estousandy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:36 am

estousandy wrote:I can't stress this enough but please go through this board itself to see what others discussed about these topics a zillion times. The website you just found has been around from a long time & most if not all here knows about it.

If you need to buy any guns from this & similar sites in India, you need a club membership. A MUST. No exceptions. I guess that hasn't changed recently.

Mods should consider a sticky on this topic to address these persistent queries.
This is bit offensive. I have read in this forms about the club membership. But this dealer said that tackling customs is their duty, that's why I wanted to confirm from here.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Well it's subjective, but i fail to see the offensive part in their policies or my reply. The word "please" means a lot to me when i use it.

Their modus operandi is to make the order on their site, & mail them a copy of your club membership for verification. That's when your order gets fully placed. Even me, w/o a membership can place an order but that doesn't mean i'm gonna get the item delivered.

They tackle customs with the membership copy you send. No tackling if you don't send any.

Please read this fully from their site itself : http://relishsports.com/how-to-buy-air- ... india.html
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:45 pm

maverick786us wrote:Buying an imported Air gun involves too much of mess like dealing with customs, membership of shooting club. I just found this website
http://relishsports.com/buy-online/air- ... combo.html
If anyone from you gentlemen, have purchased item from this dealer, can you share your experience?
I have Imported Air rifle thru relish sports. I got it in time. One component of the rifle was out of stock while ordering. Got it after a few weeks seperately.
Importing .177 Cal Air rifles into India Yourself/ relish sports / thru any other Indian or Foreign Websites requires you to produce your Valid Rifle club membership. Without that you cannot import.
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:09 pm

estousandy wrote:Well it's subjective, but i fail to see the offensive part in their policies or my reply. The word "please" means a lot to me when i use it.

Their modus operandi is to make the order on their site, & mail them a copy of your club membership for verification. That's when your order gets fully placed. Even me, w/o a membership can place an order but that doesn't mean i'm gonna get the item delivered.

They tackle customs with the membership copy you send. No tackling if you don't send any.

Please read this fully from their site itself : http://relishsports.com/how-to-buy-air- ... india.html
Thanks. this weekend I will find some club in delhi and take the membership, before placing my order. Relish sports never mentioned this in their reply.

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:49 pm

I am from Delhi. This weekend I am going to Sri Fort sports complex to get the membership for shooting. Although it is mentioned in these threads. But I want to double check. Will the membership (with an ID Card) be sufficient for custom department for importing an air rifle, a dealer?

pramodsid
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pramodsid » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Membership card and membership letter are the 2 things u would need, on a sunny day.
The list can go on if the officials want it there way.
You must take a look at the airgun imports thread to get a feel of what I am saying. Just run a search and it will pop right up
Best of luck my friend !!!.
Regards,
Pramod P

-----Being on par in terms of price and quality only gets you into the game------
--------------------Service wins the game---------------

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:53 pm

Thanks promod, ATM can you suggest me some shooting clubs in Delhi, where I can visit this Saturday and get the membership without any hick ups? This is the most important part. Once I get the membership, then I will start saving some money, until I have 80k, and then I will order an air rifle from relish sports. So I have to wait for 2-3 months to gather money.

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:55 pm

What is Bonafide Member Certificate? Does every club provide it?

kesh1982
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by kesh1982 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:19 pm

Maverick 786us

A lot of clubs don't give membership cards that's easily. Reason being a lot of people have taken memberships...used the same to import guns and haven't gone back to the clubs.

In Mumbai they make you pay for the membership and actually ensure that you are a regular before they hand over the card to you. I doubt if Delhi will be any different. A bonafide member certificate is provided by the club once you become a regular member.

It's easier for you to buy an Indian made .177 and then go to the Rifle club to practice. Or use the Guns they have there. Once you become a regular the card and letter will be issued to you.

Best of luck to you. Hope it works out.

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:57 pm

Believe Relish sports stopped importing metal bbs & lot of maintenance, air rifle care products and accessories.
any one know better online site for getting imported metal bbs and cleaning, maintenance accessories for air guns
Thanks

GANESH TT

hb
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by hb » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:28 pm

Is relish sports still operating. if any one has contact details pls share.

Rgds