Firearms training for school staff in KPK pakistan

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Armed Defence
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Firearms training for school staff in KPK pakistan

Post by Armed Defence » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:21 pm

After the massacre at Army public school in Peshawar, the provincial (state) government in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of pakistan has allowed the teachers and other school staff to bring their licensed fireams to the educational institutes. The media, NGOs and a section of teachers are opposing this move. However, due to the extra ordinary situation, many people including myself support it. A coiple of days ago, the police held firearms training session for the female teachers, whose video is given below. Due to a very strong gun-culture in the KPK province, almost all of the male teachers already know guns very well

For Advertising mail webmaster
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Firearms training for school staff in KPK pakistan

Post by essdee1972 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:35 pm

One question here. I assume most of the teachers will be carrying handguns, primarily for ease of carry. I have no experience of any firearm whatsoever, but it seems to me that a few handguns would not be enough to take on a couple of fully automatic AKs. Particularly as the teachers will usually tend to be careful of "collateral damage" and not shoot blindly.

Just to clarify, I support this move, and if I lived there, would rather send my son to a school with armed and trained teachers than to one without.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:52 pm

These women are flouting basic firearm safety norms

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:28 pm

Would love to see more and more people that are trained to protect their lives.
Even in last resorts, when goberments and police are not there all the times.

On a side note, teachers should not be the first line of defense. Especially when
they are freshly introduced to shooting and should be regular to the gun ranges.

Looking at skill levels of their trainers and equipment, I have my doubts,
but it's a good start than dying mercilessly and unarmed - Go For It

12 gauge shotgun ammo and an AK, get real sir ROTFL
Last edited by Hammerhead on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Good pakisthan knows better than our country to tackle terrorism than our country.happy for them.
regards
dr.jk

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:17 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:Good pakisthan knows better than our country to tackle terrorism than our country.happy for them.
regards
dr.jk
You're not serious are you sir? That is the most ill informed statement I have seen in recent years. Pakistan is the world capital of terrorism and I can't believe that someone sitting in india can say this.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:50 pm

Right, gents.Please limit the discussion to RKBA.Doesn't matter which side you lean.Keep politics out of this thread. Cheers.

Given the context of the country, I would say that is a lot better than not having anything when bad guys want to attack your students.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:49 am

A bold step for sure; I wish the authorities would provide them with basic firearms safety training - first!

The gun handling actions of some of the participants in the video scared me. :cry:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Armed Defence
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Armed Defence » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:38 am

@essdee1972, Agreed with you mate. To face the militants, you need fully automatic firearms. But, at least its a good start and something is better than nothing. I personally believe the people should have access easy access to automatic firearms because these are easily available to the criminals.

@Hammerhead, Dont mind sir, but you need to have more knowledge about simple firearms. Its a semiautomatic shotgun, modeled after Ak-47 ROTFL

Oggie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Oggie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:18 am

Hi Armed Defence,

The problem or rather challenge we have in both our countries is education ! Too many of our citizens treat fireams as status symbols rather than tools. Lack of responsible handling will inevitably lead to accidental tragedies. If teachers are to be armed then they need rigorous training in handling these firearms and also mental conditioning to use them effectively when needed. It's easier said than done to actually use a firearm when needed. Any hesitation could be fatal !

My 2 cents worth !

Cheers,

Oggie

PS: I'm hoping at some stage you give us a true blooded Hyderabadi Biryani recipe brother :)

ankur_ank007

Even Pakistan understand the meaning of gun rights

Post by ankur_ank007 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:33 pm

Hello,

I was going through the online news website "Bhaskar" today and read the same news today. The Pakistani Government has now learnt the lesson and understands the meaning and need of Gun Rights.... I dont know when Indian Government will stop supporting butchering of Indian Citizens? May be we should be ready with stones and clubs, we don't know when a second 26/11 may take place.....

http://www.bhaskar.com/news-ht/INT-wome ... html?seq=1

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:21 pm

Armed Defence wrote:
@Hammerhead, Dont mind sir, but you need to have more knowledge about simple firearms. Its a semiautomatic shotgun, modeled after Ak-47 ROTFL
Never seen one, I thought it's 20 round mag for convenience.

Now .... How the hell you are going to reload from waist belt to magazine.
Why don't you carry loaded mags other than that, any how, anything that can protect poor kids !
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:42 am

Whatever helps these souls who are trying to survive in such a civil war like situation. I am glad at-least powers to be are empowering folks to take care of their own security. Having had some experience living in such a hellish atmosphere, its rough for population who are being grinded between these various forces. Both sides follow scorched earth policy and its only when local communities stand up against all these divisive forces and that the tide changes. The first step for that is firearms and RKBA for population. BTW same policy is followed in India under the garb of village defense forces Good luck

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:46 am

Hammerhead wrote:
Armed Defence wrote:
Never seen one, I thought it's 20 round mag for convenience.

Now .... How the hell you are going to reload from waist belt to magazine.
Why don't you carry loaded mags other than that, any how, anything that can protect poor kids !
Hammerhead - you are right. This is hardly a commonly seen firearm - it could be a variant of the "Saiga" - a self loading smoothbore shotgun
http://www.saiga-12.com/

While we must condemn the killing of children with guns, it is easy to forget that most terorist attacks are with bombs. 60 Shias were killed in a bomb blast yesterday in a mosque in Sindh, Pakistan. Arming the Imams or worshippers with guns would have been of no use. The right response to terrorism is not necessarily giving more arms to people. Self defence is a completely different beast from terrorism and it is a mistake to conflate the two and pretend that both require the same response.

Armed Defence
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Armed Defence » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:56 am

Hammerhead and bennedose, The gun is probably locally made and copied from Russian semi shotguns.

And many other friends said that teachers won't be able to face the terrorists because of a variety of reasons. I agree that the teachers should be given more training and each school should have some licenses for automatic weapons. But something is better than nothing because the threat level is very high. No teacher is under compulsion to bring his/her gun to school. Its their choice. I feel for this thing more than others because I myself go to a library run by Defence housing authority.

Anyways, I posted this news and video to get valuable comments from all of you. Thanks all