Paintball gun/marker to india in checked luggage

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
youtel2015
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Paintball gun/marker to india in checked luggage

Post by youtel2015 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:26 am

Hi guys, I am going to india soon and im a former NRI but have an OCI visa as im now a naturalized US citizen and I want to take a paintball gun/marker that I have bought in my checked in suitcase, I have read about people ordering online and their items stuck at customs but does anyone know if it will get confiscated at the airport if I have it in my checked luggage?

I have a flight from jfk and a layover in delhi but will be flying south to hyderabad so if its confiscated at delhi will my entire suitcase be held back also or both of them? If they confiscate it and send the luggage on its way onto the next flight I wouldnt mind it that much but would still be annoyed about it. I dont want my suitcase which has the paintball gun or both my suitcases to be held by customs over this. Would appreciate any help, thank you so much.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Paintball gun/marker to india in checked luggage

Post by Sobo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:37 pm

Paintball marker do not look like anything that will get you into trouble but as a safe precaution, declare it on arrival. What kind of marker is it? 98 custom or a milsim style marker, depending on this you may have to disassemble it in parts. Also the color of the marker will be a factor.

youtel2015
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by youtel2015 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:36 am

Sobo wrote:Paintball marker do not look like anything that will get you into trouble but as a safe precaution, declare it on arrival. What kind of marker is it? 98 custom or a milsim style marker, depending on this you may have to disassemble it in parts. Also the color of the marker will be a factor.
Its a Tippmann Cronus(basic model), tan and black color. Put it on the form when landing in india, hoping there will be no problems. Might also have to be the first and last time I do this lol, dont want to risk all my stuff over 1 item. Thank you for your help, will update in 3+ days.

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:58 pm

That marker can be easily disassembled to its bare bones and put back together without much hassle. If you need help disassembling and reassembling it, let me know. Good luck.

youtel2015
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by youtel2015 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:27 pm

I was able to bring it without any problems, thought I was in some trouble at delhi when the security asked to xray the suitcases before re checking in again to my destination. Guy noticed something on the screen but oddly asked if I was carrying cigarettes which I didnt, then asked if I was afghani which I look nothing like. Brought 1000 paintballs wiht me also, bought a 2000 count case but it was too heavy with my other stuff.

So I guess if anyone is thinking of taking a paintball through checked luggage, its possible

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:14 pm

Congrats, if you know of places near you where you can get HPA/CO2 refills, please let us know. Thanks

youtel2015
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by youtel2015 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:50 am

Sobo wrote:Congrats, if you know of places near you where you can get HPA/CO2 refills, please let us know. Thanks
Currently on the lookout for co2 refill in hyderabad, get some results on google but when I visit some of the local shops they say they dont. I think my best bet is to go to odessy wonder or sayalo sports and pay extra to refill it, update if I get any positive results. :cheers:

youtel2015
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by youtel2015 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:36 pm

Hi guys, after nearly 2 months I finally found a place that filled my co2 tank. Think it took me longer as there was a bit of a language barrier in some place especially the places that spoke hindi. Called a lot of people and they said they refill tanks but once I got there they said they didnt, luckily i finally found a place which directed me to an independent dealer who did it for Rs.100($1.50)

If anyone is ever looking for co2 refill in hyd the place is called Navrang Enterprises in Bapuji Nagar, Musheerabad Ph#: 9000666246

12ka4
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by 12ka4 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:02 am

Man, this is very insightful! Thank you for details and giving us hope. I know it’s been several years but if you are still around would love to know how did you arrange co2 or HPA tank situation? Did you take an empty one with you or bought one in india? Also, any tips on how to pack the paintball marker? Thanks man