M1 Carbine back in production!

Posts related to rifles.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

M1 Carbine back in production!

Post by mundaire » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:34 pm

The venerable M1 .30 Carbine is once again being made, this time by a new company bearing an "old" name - Inland Mfg. LLC.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/article ... paign=0416

I have some nice memories associated with shooting this sweet lightweight rifle, so reading the above article brought with it dollops of nostalgia and a smile! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: M1 Carbine back in production!

Post by xl_target » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:26 pm

The photos in the article show some really good looking rifles but $1100 seems a bit on the high side.
I hope they manage to stay in business for a while. The wood and blue steel of an M1 would be something different from todays tactical Tupperware.

Last year, I was at our local gun shop and browsing the used racks. I saw an M1 carbine and was just reaching forward to pick it up when someone reached around me and snagged it. Amazed at this bit of rudeness, I turned to look at the guy and it was a friend from work. He was just teasing me and said that I could have it. I actually had my eye on something else at the time so I told him he was welcome to it. He bought it but said that he would give me first choice if he ever decided to sell it. It was kind of beat up and was just a shooter and not a collectors piece.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:18 pm

XL, my dad has a US Postal Meter M1 carbine. Nothing fancy and not super accurate, but it saved our (and many a neighbours') necks in 1984.

If they'd made one in 223 or something similar, the M16 may never have been invented.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

airguns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by airguns » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:58 am

My late father had one with many boxes of disposal ammunition. Winchester M1, Indian army allotment for a nominal sum. Reliable shooter but not accurate. It was one of the 2 army rifles we had, the other one being a 1903 30-06 Bolt action. Now I have a Ruger Mini 14, 2009 production in .223. Wooden stock, ghost ring rear sight, fun, reliable and quite accurate. Perfect way to relive memories from the past, also a CZ 452 Lux, to replace the Brno of childhood years.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Abhijit,
Interesting, a National Postal Meter Company M1.
I went to gunbroker and they have them from about $750 to $1500 depending on condition.
I see that the average cost to the US Government at the time of delivery was $69.43.

While the M1 carbine might not have been very accurate at longer distance, they were very reliable.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Unfortunately ammo is getting harder to find these days, mostly it's old WW II stocks (headstamped WCC), unreliable and frightfully expensive!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

www.gunowners.in

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Sun May 22, 2016 4:00 am

Wow!! that's great news.

Here is mine.

Baljit

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Sun May 22, 2016 1:00 pm

Never ever shot a M1 Carbine but had a ball with .401 and .351 Winchester self loaders in late 60s.. We would shoot fish (Murrels) in summers with them to expend all the ammo a friend had because soon these beauties were going to be snatched away with the amendment on privy purses. have witnessed big game too fall to these tiny guns within 150 yds.

Marksman

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:03 am

One normally doesn't resurrect old threads but it was interesting to see how these reproduction carbines (mentioned in the article) functioned (or didn't).

Part1

Part2

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:20 pm

xl_target wrote:One normally doesn't resurrect old threads but it was interesting to see how these reproduction carbines (mentioned in the article) functioned (or didn't).

Part1

Part2
cool!