Ordered Rifle scope from china

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
bkmarks55
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Ordered Rifle scope from china

Post by bkmarks55 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Hi folks

Last month i ordred for rifle scope from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-24X50 ... 0.0.zsH5Gv .

It reached mumbai and the status shows it has been sent to bangalore customs office here is the status 【India】Transfer from office of exchange (Inb),Air,CED BANGALORE..

What is this supposed to mean..How many days will they take to release if at all there is a problem. Kindly help

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ordered Rifle scope from china

Post by Basu » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:31 am

If you get the remark as " detained by customs for unspecified reason" then chance to get is very bleak.

:( :(

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:14 pm

bkmarks55 wrote:..How many days will they take to release if at all there is a problem. Kindly help
Usually takes 10 to 15 days once its in customs. If at all there is a problem, forget your scope. No running from pillar to post will help. In the tracking, did the movement go from Bangalore to Mumbai and back, or is it forwarded to Bangalore for the first time? Usually my consignment releases from Mumbai itself. I have bought several things from Aliexpress and the only thing never delievered is a swimming shorts.

..... So I never learnt swimming :lol:

BD
Last edited by Big Daddy on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:16 pm

If the packaging or labeling on the product says something like "rifle scope", it will be difficult but may not entirely impossible to get it released. Because technically rifle scope is equal to telescope. If the packaging or labeling says something like "scope" or "telescope" it should not be difficult to get it released.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:45 pm

At Kolkata postal customs , there are big x-ray machines what we see in airports.
I have seen , the staffs are putting everything on the belt :cry: :cry: :cry:
Only chance if either by luck or the machine conks off :idea: :idea: :idea:

Basu

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:03 pm

See it is not question of x-ray machines or if they physically inspect the product. Technically speaking what is the difference between a rifle scope and a reasonably shock proof telescope with some affixing arrangement so long either of them is not mounted on a rifle? They are just optics or vision enhancement devices. Aren't they?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:44 pm

I have learnt at kolkata postal service they demand DGFT authentication, as air rifle scope is restricted item. Now who is trading with a single scope, and it is being imported for personal use. But they dont listen to reason or pleading. Anyone knows how to tackle this situation?
Basuda, are these chinese scopes available from free falls market at khidderpore?
"Aim small, miss small."

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:33 pm

Yes.....scopes are available at Kiddirpur Fancy Mkt.
They charge strange prices :lol:

Basu

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:59 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:If the packaging or labeling on the product says something like "rifle scope", it will be difficult but may not entirely impossible to get it released. Because technically rifle scope is equal to telescope. If the packaging or labeling says something like "scope" or "telescope" it should not be difficult to get it released.
You are right in theory (to my limited experience. I might be wrong). But trust me, once it gets stuck, it's gone. I'm not trying to be a dampenar but it is the fact. When I get 9mm ball bearings for my sling shot, I tell the seller to clearly label it "bearings for machine use". It comes through. When I get scopes I have it labeled "magnification lenses" (and its the truth :D). It does not get stuck. I guess it's about creating the right perspective in advance.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

G.P.Swamy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by G.P.Swamy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:57 pm

Is there any import duty need to be paid in customs while receiving the package... If so appx how much to be paid...

bkmarks55
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bkmarks55 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:07 pm

Thank you for all the inputs guys much appreciated

The status today is this

2016-12-10 11:18:42 【India】Send item to domestic location (Inb),Air,CRC BANGLORE STG TD

Does above mean customs has cleared and sent my parcel to the branch office for delivery.Any experience folks

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:47 am

(y)
Hope you have a good lock ahead.

Basu

bkmarks55
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bkmarks55 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:13 pm

Basu wrote:(y)
Hope you have a good lock ahead.

Basu

Hi

I hope i dont have to pay anything ..Will update after i receive it ,Thanks for your input

bkmarks55
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bkmarks55 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi folks

Today the status show like this 2016-12-11 04:11:28 【India】Send item out of sorting centre (Inb),Air,MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE
2016-12-10 19:05:11 【India】Receive item at sorting centre (Inb),Air,MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE

i dont why would someone send it back to MUMbai when im in bangalore any issue

bkmarks55
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bkmarks55 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:06 pm

Hi folks...I received my parcel today...The scope was too good for the price i paid...But the scope covers were broken.Thats fine..the prodcut is too good im very impressed.

It came with 20mm rings ...but precihole holds only..11mm...Can anyone tell me cost of 11mm with stopper plz.im from bangalore.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.