Spinner for indoor and out door plkining

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
LearningToShoot
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Spinner for indoor and out door plkining

Post by LearningToShoot » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:42 am

Hi guys,

This is something that I made fabricating and assembling for indoor plinking. The biggest challenge was getting the sleeves for securing the spinner in place. I could not find it in India and after months of research, got them again from China. Finally when I got them, I found that ellen key for that size was not available anywhere in India. Again got it from China. Got the rods cut to size. Made the base from plywood waste saved when I did some furniture and got a mini bar bender lathed. Learning. Crude job as I am not an engineer or even a good craftsman but nevertheless did something that made me happy. I intend to do more of these for those who like it. But please.... don't expect anything fast. I am a good procrastinator there but determined. I tested this indoor & outdoor and so far so good. Only concern is when shooting indoor, ricocheting would be a concern, but I figured that pasting a circular piece of thermocole stuck to it should take care of it. Not tried, just a thought.

I look forward to having your comments, brickbats and bouquets, I am not a keyboard warrior so do unleash. :D Only remember, I am not a genius at these things or anything else either.

Anyone wishing to contact me, please feel free.

Rajendra Rajani
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Spinner for indoor and out door plkining

Post by Big Daddy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:47 pm

Nice. I made one (don't have it now) like the first pic. After placing the pendulum target on the rod, I place a nut on each side and did a spot weld. Same effect.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

namjaigai
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by namjaigai » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:21 am

Nice work. How about an indoor plinker with a back stop/pellet stop. With four or five targets in a row.. Appropriate for 15 to 25 meters. That would be awesome.

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:09 am

Good job mate...i too made a spinning target long back...DIY is fun

Sci-fic
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sci-fic » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:30 pm

LearningToShoot wrote:Hi guys,

This is something that I made fabricating and assembling for indoor plinking. The biggest challenge was getting the sleeves for securing the spinner in place. I could not find it in India and after months of research, got them again from China. Finally when I got them, I found that ellen key for that size was not available anywhere in India. Again got it from China. Got the rods cut to size. Made the base from plywood waste saved when I did some furniture and got a mini bar bender lathed. Learning. Crude job as I am not an engineer or even a good craftsman but nevertheless did something that made me happy. I intend to do more of these for those who like it. But please.... don't expect anything fast. I am a good procrastinator there but determined. I tested this indoor & outdoor and so far so good. Only concern is when shooting indoor, ricocheting would be a concern, but I figured that pasting a circular piece of thermocole stuck to it should take care of it. Not tried, just a thought.

I look forward to having your comments, brickbats and bouquets, I am not a keyboard warrior so do unleash. :D Only remember, I am not a genius at these things or anything else either.

Anyone wishing to contact me, please feel free.

Rajendra Rajani
Great work sir and it looks very well too, good luck to come up and grow with more innovations :cheers:

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:42 pm

Excellent job...looks great!!

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

LearningToShoot
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by LearningToShoot » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:51 pm

Thanks everyone for the nice encouragement. @namjaigai, I am definitely working on building one with a pellet trap. Just recently bought a Blanca from Kovibazar to study and explore how to make one with spinner inside. Once done, I will post here. @Big Daddy, You are right. Nuts with spot welding is great idea. In fact I had the same idea initially, but the thought that if I ever wanted to dismantle it, it becomes difficult to remove and have to go back again to the welder. The coupling I used has a allen screw so makes life more easier.

namjaigai
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by namjaigai » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:45 am

All the best. Will wait to see what you come up with next.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:07 pm

Try plinksports targets now..availaible in kovibazar etc

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:00 pm

True, now the spinners are available in India too however homemade spinners made from the scratch made from easy to procure & assemble are always appreciated.

Regards (y)
dh

nocturnaldd
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nocturnaldd » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Plinksport are great for the cost they come. Completely modular I bought a set and some individual woodpecker targets. Now my boys use the beginner size targets for their ihp 25 and I use the expert and pro smaller sized for long range shooting.