Age limit for arms training

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
archie_b
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Age limit for arms training

Post by archie_b » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:50 pm

Hi!
I am 19. I am aware that I cannot apply for procurement of arms license before 21, but am I eligible to take a civilian arms training course? If yes, will/can it increase my chances of obtaining an arms license after I become eligible for one and does it have any other perks? Also, I am a resident of West Bengal but study in Bangalore, Karnataka; can I take up the course there? if yes, please suggest places.
thanks in advance. :)

For Advertising mail webmaster
Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Age limit for arms training

Post by Prabhath » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:42 am

archie_b,

You very much are eligible to take up the CRTC course. You can become a member of KSRA. Look up the website for details. Membership or completion of the CRTC course in no way guarantees an arms license. CRTC however has been made mandatory for obtaining an arms license in Karnataka. All the best.

archie_b
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by archie_b » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:19 am

Prabhath wrote:archie_b,

You very much are eligible to take up the CRTC course. You can become a member of KSRA. Look up the website for details. Membership or completion of the CRTC course in no way guarantees an arms license. CRTC however has been made mandatory for obtaining an arms license in Karnataka. All the best.
Thank you so much! But the CRTC (read more) page in ksra.in is down. Could you please let me know some details or some other source?
Thank you[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 am

As per Arms Act of India, you take undergo training to handle firearms under the supervision of a person to hold, own & carry a weapon at attaining the age of 12. Hence you can take a basic training under an individual also if he holds a valid arms license. Also, Arms Act of India does not prescribe any procedure for certification of such training. For documentation purposes, you can undergo training under your state's rifle association or civil defence (if they have a provision).

NAHMINT284
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by NAHMINT284 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:50 pm

As a boy of 10, I had a single shot .22 rifle and at 12 years of age,i had a single shot 12 guage shotgun.......we lived in the country........no electricity,no running water......in the winter which lasted from early November to late may, it was freezing,and lots of snow.........I hunted grouse and rabbits....we fished thru holes cut in the frozen lakes.......now in my 70s,i still hunt and fish.....I have not used a firearm in an unsafe manner or ever injured any one.......I HONESTLY believe that our governments put fear into people who do NOT know about firearms that they are dangerous..... the older I become, the LESS I trust or believe anything that is said by politations.......

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:58 pm

archie_b wrote:Hi!
I am 19. I am aware that I cannot apply for procurement of arms license before 21, but am I eligible to take a civilian arms training course? If yes, will/can it increase my chances of obtaining an arms license after I become eligible for one and does it have any other perks? Also, I am a resident of West Bengal but study in Bangalore, Karnataka; can I take up the course there? if yes, please suggest places.
thanks in advance. :)
Hi,

You can take arms training under any of the affiliated rifle associations, also, Arms Act of India 1959 allows any person above the age of 12 to get trained to handle firearms under a licensed weapon holder.

Kudos...

ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ASIF007 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:53 pm

NAHMINT284 wrote:As a boy of 10, I had a single shot .22 rifle and at 12 years of age,i had a single shot 12 guage shotgun.......we lived in the country........no electricity,no running water......in the winter which lasted from early November to late may, it was freezing,and lots of snow.........I hunted grouse and rabbits....we fished thru holes cut in the frozen lakes.......now in my 70s,i still hunt and fish.....I have not used a firearm in an unsafe manner or ever injured any one.......I HONESTLY believe that our governments put fear into people who do NOT know about firearms that they are dangerous..... the older I become, the LESS I trust or believe anything that is said by politations.......
Please do share some hunting and fishing stories.....Its a think of the past sadly.