Looking for Good Gunsmith to make German Claw Mount

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Looking for Good Gunsmith to make German Claw Mount

Post by nbk3y7k » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi,

I have an Hammerle 375 H&H Magnum Rifle. It has German Claw mount base and the scope mount is missing. Attaching a Pic for more details. Need a Good Gunsmith detail who can help build a custom German Claw Mount to this Rfile to fit Leupold Vx-2 3-9X40MM Scope.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
RR

For Advertising mail webmaster
Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Looking for Good Gunsmith to make German Claw Mount

Post by Chengy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:50 pm

I think both bases are already there. You need to get the rings. This combination is very good but mounting the scope requires some skill . There are many videos on the internet for the same. Also the rings are costly..and will need to be fitted for the scope as the front ring goes over the objective bell and not on the tube as conventional rings do. Your best bet would be to get a picatinny/weaver adapter but that would definitely spoil the looks. You could have a look here https://www.optics-trade.eu/int/mounts/ ... mount.html

Regards

nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nbk3y7k » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:53 pm

Chengy wrote:I think both bases are already there. You need to get the rings. This combination is very good but mounting the scope requires some skill . There are many videos on the internet for the same. Also the rings are costly..and will need to be fitted for the scope as the front ring goes over the objective bell and not on the tube as conventional rings do. Your best bet would be to get a picatinny/weaver adapter but that would definitely spoil the looks. You could have a look here https://www.optics-trade.eu/int/mounts/ ... mount.html

Regards
Thanks, but how do we fit the picatinny weaver adapter. Will it get into the base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards,
RR

Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chengy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Have a look at the site that I have posted. Its listed there for 180 euros :-( It will directly clamp on to your bases and then you can mount the scope normal rings on the picatinny rail. Its a solution unless you can get the rings for your scope from abroad. BTW, Im located in Bengaluru and would love to see your rifle :-)

nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nbk3y7k » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:37 am

I have ordered one from the link you shared. Let me receive it and send you my feedback. Seems easy to fit in the rifle. Costed 227 EUR with shipping.
Regards,
RR

Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chengy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:25 am

You could have ordered the scope rings also to fit on the rail. That site has very high quality stuff. Very difficult to get original rings in India. Most available are cheap Chinese rip-offs. Your scope , being American , will require 25.4 mm (1") picatinny/weaver rings. Best of luck with the scope mount. Its a beautiful rifle and a collectors piece. Do let us know the outcome.

nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nbk3y7k » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:02 pm

I have sourced a picatinny rail from Germany, and here is the view of the Scope fitted on the German Claw mount with picatinny rail.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
RR

Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chengy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:11 am

Congratulations. Looks like a perfect fit. Happy Shooting

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:40 pm

nbk3y7k wrote:I have sourced a picatinny rail from Germany, and here is the view of the Scope fitted on the German Claw mount with picatinny rail.
Hi,

You have a beautiful rifle. The Scared red strings tied on the trigger guard shows you respect your weapon, which is most important thing.
Please tell me about the Leupold Scope. Where did you get it? Is it original or Replica?

Regards

nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nbk3y7k » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:22 pm

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:
nbk3y7k wrote:I have sourced a picatinny rail from Germany, and here is the view of the Scope fitted on the German Claw mount with picatinny rail.
Hi,

You have a beautiful rifle. The Scared red strings tied on the trigger guard shows you respect your weapon, which is most important thing.
Please tell me about the Leupold Scope. Where did you get it? Is it original or Replica?

Regards
Thanks for your compliments. The Scope is the Original Leupold Vx2 Dot from US.
Regards,
RR

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:46 pm

nbk3y7k wrote:Thanks for your compliments. The Scope is the Original Leupold Vx2 Dot from US.
That's great. Happy shooting.

Regards

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:26 pm

If it’s a good cheek weld and sighting plane is not too high, fine. If not look at recknagel.

https://www.recknagel.de/en/

Good rifle there. Congratulations!
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."