Procedure for Obtaining UIN Number- Call to the Experts

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Procedure for Obtaining UIN Number- Call to the Experts

Post by Vikram » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:27 pm

Dear members,

We get many messages about obtaining UIN numbers from licensing authorities to renew firearm licenses. It would be really helpful to many people to know the basics about UIN numbers and the process to obtain them. Also, great would be what to do if the local licensing authority does not have or know about UIN. We can make a sticky and post it here.

Please contribute and hep firearm owners. Thank you.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Procedure for Obtaining UIN Number- Call to the Experts

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:44 pm

I hope soon someone with more knowledge will shed light on this topic.

In my case, first I obtained License for NPB Rifle. Then bought the Rifle from Gun Dealer. Then I produced the Sales Letter/Bill to Licensing Authority. Then they Pasted a Printed paper on my license with all the details like, Serial No. of Rifle, Name of Manufacturing Unit, UIN, my name, etc. And QR Code. I scanned the QR Code and it gives all the details printed on that paper.
In my cousin's case, as he obtained the NPB Rifle License, the Licensing Authority pasted that paper with all the details(including UIN) minus the details of Rifle.

I hope this might give a direction to this post.

Regards
Vikramaditya Singh

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:04 pm

I recieved my UIN number for both my all India validity licences from the issuing authority based on a letter sent to that DM office,these licences were issued almost 20 years ago prior to this UIN concept.....pasted that number which was common for both licences on them...since then they have been renewed regularly

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:32 pm

All arms licences without UIN Numbers after 01/04 2017 wil be considered invalid as per the ARMS RULES 2016. It is very unfortunte that many of the licence holders do not try to educate themselves about the new ARMS RULES 2016.It is the duty of the respective licencing authority of the district or city commissioner of police as the case may be ,to enter all details of arms licencees in the NDAL portal of MHA and inform the UIN number alloted to the respective licencees and issue a new combined "" ALL IN ONE "" licence book for all arms held by the inividual as per the 2016 arms rules guidelines. Unfortunately as usual , many district and city licensing authorities have not fulfilled this basic rule. It will be very helpful if the respective licencing authorities and their staff upload the details of the licensees and download the UIN alloted by the NDAL website and inform the licencees. However all renewals after 01 /04/2017 MUST be alloted with a UIN . Now like an Aadhaar Card, all licencees have to just remember their UIN Number and tell/ inform it to any Tana / Naka or Checkpost/Checking Officer, who can verify the life, Area Validity, Ammo limit of the individual without the PHYSICAL Documents viz licence book .
many SHO level police Officers are not aware of this portal .
This UIN will help all law abiding citizens to hold their head high and save a lot of harrasment from checking officals.

I request our forum Friends to kindly send a requestition to their respective Licencing authorities to inform them of their respective alloted UIN numbers.

This will clear all future harrasments and help all lisensees in all future Renewals and other services like Sale, Deletion , Addition and Extention of Weapons etc.
Jai Hind

RAIS AHMAD
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by RAIS AHMAD » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:47 pm

kindly let me know the UIN number of my arms lincense No.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:26 pm

RAIS AHMAD wrote:kindly let me know the UIN number of my arms lincense No.
Please contact your local licensing authorities.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."