Transfer of Arms License from UP to Maharastra

Posts related to shotguns.
singhvikas5
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Transfer of Arms License from UP to Maharastra

Post by singhvikas5 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:23 am

Sir ,
My father in law is having 32 bore revolver in UP . now he is 70 yrs of age and i wanted to get the license transferred in my name ie his son in law under the section transfer of license to heirlooms . The current license is valid till June 2019. I want to clarify on following queries .
1. I and main licensee daughter lives in Maharashtra and want to transfer the license here in Maharashtra-Pune once for all .
2.what is the process where to approach-UP or Maharashtra .
3. All other claimants have given their NOC
4. I am working in Pvt sector , does this will create a issue that i want license or it can be done as per Heirloom sections .

Request all to please help and clarify .

regards
vikash singh parmar

For Advertising mail webmaster
singhvikas5
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Transfer of Arms License from UP to Maharastra

Post by singhvikas5 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:11 pm

REQUEST REVERT PLEASE

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:45 pm

First acquire a licence of the same weapon yourself..the let your FIL gift the weapon to you..both need approval of the DM office,only then can you acquire the weapon.I did the same for my fathers weapons many years ago.To acquire any weapon including a gifted one you have to posess a valid licence in your name first.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:13 pm

BeautyAny wrote:Hello everyone..

My friends father wanted to transfer his arm.license to his son... they ask me for help... i said i could help..keeping in my mind this forum... i further need your help as to what and how to proceed.
Is there any specific rules or acts that could help me...

Thanks and regards...
Your friend will hve to acquire a licence for the type of wpn to be transferred,then his dad applies to his issuing DM request to gift the weapons to his son.After this approval,the dads weapon wil be entered into the sons licence and simultaneously the dads licence will have to be surendered to is issuing authorityin case he doesnt have any more use of it

singhvikas5
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by singhvikas5 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:18 pm

But they completely denies for new licence in Up .can I work on guft/transfer basis .Acquring a new license is very difficult rather than getting it transfer .plz help which way ??

singhvikas5
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by singhvikas5 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:13 pm

Sir ,
My father in law is having 32 bore revolver in UP . now he is 70 yrs of age and i wanted to get the license transferred in my name ie his son in law under the section transfer of license to heirlooms . The current license is valid till June 2019. I want to clarify on following queries .
1. I and main licensee daughter lives in Maharashtra and want to transfer the license here in Maharashtra-Pune once for all .
2.what is the process where to approach-UP or Maharashtra .
3. All other claimants have given their NOC
4. I am working in Pvt sector , does this will create a issue that i want license or it can be done as per Heirloom sections .

regards
vikash singh parmar

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:11 pm

singhvikas5 wrote:But they completely denies for new licence in Up .can I work on guft/transfer basis .Acquring a new license is very difficult rather than getting it transfer .plz help which way ??
What problem give money? :D (y)

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:54 pm

singhvikas5 wrote:Sir ,
1. I and main licensee daughter lives in Maharashtra and want to transfer the license here in Maharashtra-Pune once for all.
2.what is the process where to approach-UP or Maharashtra.
3. All other claimants have given their NOC.

regards
vikash singh parmar
1. The license can not be transferred. Weapon can be transferred. You will have to get new license for yourself.

2. Take an affidavit from your father-in-law stating that he is too old to keep the revolver and want it to transfer to you.

3. Give an application to your DM (Pune) for new arms license mentioning that you want to endorse your father-in-law's weapon on it. Attach your father-in-law's affidavit with it. Also you can attach Heirloom policy with your application.

4. With the consent of DM the process for issuing you a new license will start like police report and all.

5. Once you get the license, the revolver can be transferred on it and your father-in-law's license will be cancelled.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Jr.
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Jr. » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:24 pm

Dear Vikash,

Request your Father-In-Law for an Affidavit mentioning that
'He wishes to gift the Revolver to you, out of love and affection and no monetary transaction is involved'.
Details of the license (Father-In-Laws) and revolver should be clearly mentioned in the Affidavit.
New license should ideally be applied, from State of permanent residence (Attach Affidavit).
(If your Father-In-Law does not have an All India License, then more formalities/paper work will be involved).
In the application, you should mention NPB Pistol/Revolver
Once you have the License (this is not going to be easy).
Your Father-In-Law will have to apply for a sale permission from the State (Office) where the license was originally issued.
The authorities will vacate His license for the particular Gun/Bore and given Him 6 months time for purchase of a fresh Gun,
Unless your Father-In-Law wishes for his License to be cancelled.
If He wants to purchase another weapon then,
The weapon obviously would have to be of the same category, as originally mentioned on his License.
Please do not confuse this- The Bore of the weapon will always be mentioned on endorsement, after purchase of the weapon.
Though in some cases, the authorities insist on granting a license with the bore already mentioned
(This will limit the holder to that particular Bore only).
The above can be changed on request via application.
If your Father-In-Laws original license states NPB (Non Prohibited Bore), without limiting the Bore,
Then the vacated license can hold a Bore of his choice (as permissible within NPB).
Rule may vary in implementation and interpretation, from one State to another.
Your working in a Private Sector, should not create any issues.

Regards,
Jr.