FORM FOR ADDITIONAL WEAPON

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

FORM FOR ADDITIONAL WEAPON

Post by ASIF007 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:17 am

I request the members to give me the link for the Form for additional weapon . The Arms Department in Kolkata told me new forms will be printed after the elections.

For Advertising mail webmaster
kaushaltomar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: FORM FOR ADDITIONAL WEAPON

Post by kaushaltomar » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:13 pm

Hi,

I am not bit sure how it happens in WB but in UP recently I applied for my second weapon under heirloom & for that also the entire process is more of less like a new application. After it was about to be sent to DM's approval then the arms deptt asked me to furnish an affidavit stating whether I hold any other weapon or not. On my stating the weapon description and license description, later it got approved by him but I was never asked to fill any separate form regarding second weapon.

trust this will help you

cheers!!

Jr.
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Jr. » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:51 pm

If You want to add another Firearm to your existing License,
You will have to write an Application to the DM/DC.
Generally the 2nd or 3rd Firearm (as applicable) is added to it,
(Reason given has to be justified).
The Form is the same as the One required to be filled, when applying for a new License.
In India the Clerks/Babus are powerfull and may be helpfull in getting your approval sanctioned.

Regards,
Jr.

yogesh39
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by yogesh39 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:25 pm

My licence was transferred by mah big brother to me it was 12bore dbbl gun and I want a additional pistol in mah licence what I do can u suggest me please... I m in Rajasthan jhalawar district

ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ASIF007 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:22 pm

Jr. wrote:If You want to add another Firearm to your existing License,
You will have to write an Application to the DM/DC.
Generally the 2nd or 3rd Firearm (as applicable) is added to it,
The Form is the same as the One required to be filled, when applying for a new License.
In India the Clerks/Babus are powerfull and may be helpfull in getting your approval sanctioned.

Regards,
Jr.
Thank You Sir for the advice. I have just applied for a 30 06 Rifle. The initial process seems smooth. I am in touch with the Clerks who appear helpful. Jr Sir please remember the imported 12 bore Cartridges of Eley/S&B 65 mm for me.

Regards
Asif

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:57 pm

ASIF007 wrote: Thank You Sir for the advice. I have just applied for a 30 06 Rifle. The initial process seems smooth. I am in touch with the Clerks who appear helpful. Jr Sir please remember the imported 12 bore Cartridges of Eley/S&B 65 mm for me.

Regards
Asif
I am also thinking about adding another weapon to arsenal :D . Please keep us posted about the procedure as it progresses. It will be helpful to this forum.

ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ASIF007 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:42 pm

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:
ASIF007 wrote: Thank You Sir for the advice. I have just applied for a 30 06 Rifle. The initial process seems smooth. I am in touch with the Clerks who appear helpful. Jr Sir please remember the imported 12 bore Cartridges of Eley/S&B 65 mm for me.

Regards
Asif
I am also thinking about adding another weapon to arsenal :D . Please keep us posted about the procedure as it progresses. It will be helpful to this forum.
Sure Vikram will let you know the steps and difficulties I face. Btw which Arms are you planning to acquire next?

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:58 pm

ASIF007 wrote: Sure Vikram will let you know the steps and difficulties I face. Btw which Arms are you planning to acquire next?
Thanks. I have IOF .30-06 Rifle. Now I want to buy .22 Rifle for my brother and also for my son. .22 Rifle is a perfect weapon to teach weapon handling and safety to children and 'noobs'.

Regards

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:21 pm

Jr. wrote: Generally the 2nd or 3rd Firearm (as applicable) is added to it,
I have said it before and saying it again that the process differs from state to state and district to district. Here in Punjab, to get addition of weapon, more than the reason to be justified, approach is needed.

Also the form needed to be filled is different than that for a new license and fees is also less as compared to new license.

The OP should check with his licensing branch or some member from the same district would be able to answer better.

Here JR tried to help, I understand that and respect it.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:52 am

Hi,

Whole procedure is same as is for applying for new licence. I applied for a handgun in uttrakhand and the form was same is for new. Police report etc same.

Rgds
Biren

ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ASIF007 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:25 am

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:
ASIF007 wrote: Sure Vikram will let you know the steps and difficulties I face. Btw which Arms are you planning to acquire next?
Thanks. I have IOF .30-06 Rifle. Now I want to buy .22 Rifle for my brother and also for my son. .22 Rifle is a perfect weapon to teach weapon handling and safety to children and 'noobs'.

Regards
I agree with you Vikram. .22 is an excellant weapon . I hope someday I can teach my baby daughter how to use it too.