Query

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Sumit nain
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Query

Post by Sumit nain » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:36 am

Hello everyone.
This is sumit nain from fazilka punjab
I have a legal query regarding gun. I have a arm licence for punjab state and if i am cought by police with my licenced gun outside punjab (i take my weapon with me in rajasthan, haryana, delhi and chandigarh) then what possible legal action can police take against me.
Looking forward for help

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Query

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:05 pm

Do not take your gun outside the area validity of license. You will be violating the terms and conditions of arms license under Arms Act 1959. It means your license is liable to be revoked and will attract six month jail and fine under Section 30 of Arms Act 1959. If you are carrying the gun in any Notified areas as mentioned in Section 24A or 24B, punishment can be not less than three years and up to seven years in jail and also fine.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Sumit nain
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sumit nain » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:21 am

Thanks sir... just went through the arms act bare act and found the information...

alwinthomas
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Query

Post by alwinthomas » Mon May 27, 2019 1:13 am

Hello guys i have received my arm licence and i bought a DBBl gun. Next week is my endorsement..i purchased the gun from armoury shop..they put a seal in my licence book..is there any chance of changing my weapon befor endorsement.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Mon May 27, 2019 7:26 am

Yes, bill can be cancelled and you can change your gun.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

alwinthomas
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by alwinthomas » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:20 pm

thank u