Abt use of ammo quota allotted, got some confusions as had recently got my license

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Ayush_3005
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Abt use of ammo quota allotted, got some confusions as had recently got my license

Post by Ayush_3005 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:07 pm

Hello everyone
I'm from punjab, I'm having a npb license on grounds of self defence nd also had bought a .32 iof revolver on it, but it's only printed 50 on my license in ammo column.
Does it mean i have an anual limit of 50 rounds? Or it is purchasable limit at a time.
The other question i wanna ask is that do i have to show a proof where i had fired those rounds during the renewal of my license like a certificate from a shooting range or something
P.s - as currently I'm not member of any shooting club/association or any shooting range
So i don't know whether i can use my ammo on my farm(personal property), or the police officials would ask me about the ammo bought by me (as gunshop guy puts the entry of the ammo) and where it has been
used/fired?
Would there be any issue during renewal of my license if I can't show a proof of where i had fired those rounds....
Pls. Guide me thoroughly :mrgreen:
Thanks in advance
Last edited by Ayush_3005 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Abt use of ammo quota allotted, got some confusions as had recently got my license

Post by Vineet » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:57 pm

Ayush_3005 wrote: Does it mean i have an anual limit of 50 rounds? Or it is purchasable limit at a time.
Fifty cartridges is your annual limit.
Ayush_3005 wrote: So i don't know whether i can use my ammo on my farm(personal property), or the police officials would ask me about the ammo bought by me (as gunshop guy puts the entry of the ammo) and where it has been
used/fired?
You can use the ammo for target practice at your farm. Looks like police is so much strict because of celebratory firing during marriages.
Ayush_3005 wrote: As the gun shop owner wants me to buy bullets in black (without getting them on my license) at higher cost
It is illegal to buy cartridges without following proper procedure also posting/discussing anything illegal is against the rules here.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Ayush_3005
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Abt use of ammo quota allotted, got some confusions as had recently got my license

Post by Ayush_3005 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:33 pm

Thank u soo much Vineet sir..... Yes i had also thought buying cartridges like that would be illegal that's why i refused for that....
Also abt firing at my farm, it means that they wouldn't ask me for any proof or why/where i had used the ammo that has been entered on my licence?
Until/unless there's any report of firing in public or marriages?

Ayush_3005
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ayush_3005 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Also wanna ask from when year is gonna be counted, from 1jan or like financial year i.e 1st april???
Thanks so much for this knowledge

Ayush_3005
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ayush_3005 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:46 pm

Also pls. Tell me vineet sir where is ur gun shop situated in punjab :D

Jr.
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Jr. » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:03 pm

One does not have to account for the Cartridges used.
As a precaution do not ever throw the Spent Shells.
Always collect the Empty Shells and store separately.
The quota for ammunition is on Calendar Year.
Practice using your Revolver safely, respect it, It will serve you well.
A FireArm is not a toy, I don't understand celebratory fire, nor do I encourage unnecessary display.
However you are free to use your Revolver as you deem fit.
Owning a FireArm is a big responsibility.

Regards,
Jr.

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:35 pm

Jr. wrote: Owning a FireArm is a big responsibility.

Regards,
Jr.
Really? AK AR rifle its gun,revolver is a toy! ROTFL
especially in caliber 22 32 and other,good only to scare dogs on the street :stupid:

Ayush_3005
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ayush_3005 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:05 pm

Jr. wrote:One does not have to account for the Cartridges used.
As a precaution do not ever throw the Spent Shells.
Always collect the Empty Shells and store separately.
The quota for ammunition is on Calendar Year.
Practice using your Revolver safely, respect it, It will serve you well.
A FireArm is not a toy, I don't understand celebratory fire, nor do I encourage unnecessary display.
However you are free to use your Revolver as you deem fit.
Owning a FireArm is a big responsibility.

Regards,
Jr.
Thanks so much, this information is pretty much useful as I'm new to all this...
Yes yes I treat it with proper respect
As they say treat a gun as its loaded even if its unloaded.

Ayush_3005
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ayush_3005 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:09 pm

russianshooter3 wrote:

Regards,
Jr.
especially in caliber 22 32 and other,good only to scare dogs on the street :stupid:
Looks like u are either out of india or having a pb license :mrgreen:
Up here the rules for arms are really strict, only a limited no. Of callibers are allowed,
Moreover of these limited calliber, only a few guns are available as due to ban on import, the import ones cost alot

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:05 pm

russianshooter3 wrote:

Regards,
Jr.
Russianshooter.. I don't think you will able to digest a single shot of .22 LR from any damm worst weapon possible. Leave aside the Street Dogs. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
a fire arms is a Fire arms, Its Calibre and other things come Later. It must have some destructive Power and that's why it fall in that category. Country to country the Law differs.
a Weapon is always a weapon.. Respect a weapon and be safe..
Regards

Shivaji

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:30 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
russianshooter3 wrote:

Regards,
Jr.
Russianshooter.. I don't think you will able to digest a single shot of .22 LR from any damm worst weapon possible. Leave aside the Street Dogs. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
a fire arms is a Fire arms, Its Calibre and other things come Later. It must have some destructive Power and that's why it fall in that category. Country to country the Law differs.
Sir more danger its knife!

Ayush_3005
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ayush_3005 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:46 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
russianshooter3 wrote:

Regards,
Jr.
Yes i totally agree with you, one must use the weapon safely irrespective of its caliber as every weapon has destructive capabilities now matter wht size or calliber it is

Ayush_3005
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ayush_3005 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:51 am

Vineet wrote:
Ayush_3005 wrote:Also wanna ask from when year is gonna be counted, from 1jan or like financial year i.e 1st april???
January to December.
Ayush_3005 wrote:Also pls. Tell me vineet sir where is ur gun shop situated in punjab :D
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22589
Thanks again vineet :mrgreen:
Would you pls. Tell me the prive of cartridges here in punjab? Especially of .32 kf

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:44 am

Ayush_3005 wrote:Also wanna ask from when year is gonna be counted, from 1jan or like financial year i.e 1st april???
January to December.
Ayush_3005 wrote:Also pls. Tell me vineet sir where is ur gun shop situated in punjab :D
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22589

Added in 1 hour 1 minute 16 seconds:
Jr. wrote:One does not have to account for the Cartridges used.
The harsh reality is that sometimes police asks the licence holder that where did he use the ammo.

Last year we gun dealers were served notice by state home department in which 5-6 questions were asked and one question was to tell that to whom all we sold cartridges and where did they use the ammo.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Ayush_3005
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ayush_3005 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:31 pm

As you are telling ur experience Vineet ji,
I would store the used cartridges(as a precaution) as well if in case i had to show them