My wife's .177 Gamo Air Gun got confiscated at the red channel airport Delhi ..

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
gurbirsinghdhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

My wife's .177 Gamo Air Gun got confiscated at the red channel airport Delhi ..

Post by gurbirsinghdhillon » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:45 pm

Hi,
My wife's .177 Gamo Air Gun got confiscated at the red channel airport Delhi today on 04/06/2019 and we have been asked to come present on 10/06/2019 with relevant documents...what documents should be collected within such short notice ..help and comments would be appreciated..
PS. She doesn't hold a valid arms license (I do)
She is not a member of NRAI

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: My wife's .177 Gamo Air Gun got confiscated at the red channel airport Delhi ..

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:21 am

I think the purchase bill and membership of any rifle club will be sufficient. may be other members suggest more valid points on this matter
Regards

Shivaji

gurbirsinghdhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: My wife's .177 Gamo Air Gun got confiscated at the red channel airport Delhi ..

Post by gurbirsinghdhillon » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:57 am

As suggested in the original post, she doesn't have a membership in NRAI, any other way we could be able to get it ?? I can get a letter of recommendation from NRAI..

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:25 pm

I think you need a consent letter from your rifle club.
With regards,
vsraja

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:48 pm

gurbirsinghdhillon wrote:Hi,
My wife's .177 Gamo Air Gun got confiscated at the red channel airport Delhi today on 04/06/2019 and we have been asked to come present on 10/06/2019 with relevant documents...what documents should be collected within such short notice ..help and comments would be appreciated..
PS. She doesn't hold a valid arms license (I do)
She is not a member of NRAI
Wife not confiscated? ROTFL :mrgreen:

gurbirsinghdhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gurbirsinghdhillon » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Lol

noblekumar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by noblekumar » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Hey, it totally depends on the officer who review the case! A bonafide certificate from your rifle club stating that she is a competition shooter, participating in intra and interclub competitions regularly and original ID of membership along with a purchase receipt. Purchase receipt is very important, I've been asked every-time at the POE. No matter if it's of a different gun from Walmart, they really don't care to check all the details. Be confident when you work with them and be polite at the same time :) .

If noting works, tell the customs to have the rifle for themselves!! ***Valid Arms License does no good here***

gurbirsinghdhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gurbirsinghdhillon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:09 am

Good new....customs cleared it...had to pay 50% customs duty.... Will write the details in a day or two...

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:58 am

gurbirsinghdhillon wrote:Good new....customs cleared it...had to pay 50% customs duty.... Will write the details in a day or two...
Congratulations!
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

noblekumar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by noblekumar » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:46 am

gurbirsinghdhillon wrote:Good new....customs cleared it...had to pay 50% customs duty.... Will write the details in a day or two...
Congratulations!