Can i legally convert a .315 from bolt action to semi auto? (READ FIRST)

Posts related to rifles.
Karan13121999
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Can i legally convert a .315 from bolt action to semi auto? (READ FIRST)

Post by Karan13121999 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:23 pm

Long Story short, I was looking at my (deceased) uncle's old photo album & it reminded me of an old memory. My uncle worked for pollution control board & he took me to a gun factory once. I was 5 at that time but i distinctly remember some of the people there using some sort of small mechanical device attached to the rifle near the bolt. Just as the trigger was pressed this small machine basically did the work of pulling the bolt back and forth at amazing speed and it essentially converted the rifle to a semi auto rifle. Is it legal for a ordinary civilian to use a device like this?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Can i legally convert a .315 from bolt action to semi auto? (READ FIRST)

Post by Vikram » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:40 pm

Karan13121999 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:23 pm
Long Story short, I was looking at my (deceased) uncle's old photo album & it reminded me of an old memory. My uncle worked for pollution control board & he took me to a gun factory once. I was 5 at that time but i distinctly remember some of the people there using some sort of small mechanical device attached to the rifle near the bolt. Just as the trigger was pressed this small machine basically did the work of pulling the bolt back and forth at amazing speed and it essentially converted the rifle to a semi auto rifle. Is it legal for a ordinary civilian to use a device like this?

Not possible in India. That would convert the gun into a semi-automatic, if that can be achieved, which falls under the prohibited bore category. That warrants a change in the licence. Also, you need to get a permission before you can modify your firearm, which is another impossibility at the moment.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:35 pm

convert old bolt rifle developing in 18 century? in semi-auto? kidding?

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:36 pm

where do you want to place the gas engine?

Karan13121999
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Karan13121999 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:48 pm

russianshooter3 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:36 pm
Let me explain this a little bit more clearly.

There was a battery (lithium ion probably) attached to the side of the butt. It powered a device which was attached near the bolt. This device held the handle of the bolt & replicated one motion of pulling the bolt back and forth when its trigger is pressed. The trigger of this device was at the same place as the gun's real trigger. When the rifle's trigger is pulled, it also pulled the trigger of this device causing the gun to fire a round & at the same time reload a new one (thanks to the device) It happened very quickly and it made it look like as if the rifle is semi automatic.

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:28 pm

Karan13121999 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:48 pm
russianshooter3 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:36 pm
Let me explain this a little bit more clearly.

There was a battery (lithium ion probably) attached to the side of the butt. It powered a device which was attached near the bolt. This device held the handle of the bolt & replicated one motion of pulling the bolt back and forth when its trigger is pressed. The trigger of this device was at the same place as the gun's real trigger. When the rifle's trigger is pulled, it also pulled the trigger of this device causing the gun to fire a round & at the same time reload a new one (thanks to the device) It happened very quickly and it made it look like as if the rifle is semi automatic.
you mean straight-pool rifle?

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:54 pm

better then you may doing - learn quick shooting

its better then li-ion battery in you rifle

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:50 pm

There were many attempts at converting bolt action to gas operated rifles. 2 New Zealanders made a conversion at the beginning of WW2 using a gas tap off on a standard Lee Metford .303 bolt action rifle , which was a desperate war time expedient. It was called a Charlton rifle. No electric parts were used. I don’t know how old you are , but say even 20 years ago Li-Ion batteries were unavailable.
The full story is https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlto ... atic_Rifle

Surprisingly, at the height of the wartime shortages they were able to make Govt. regulated conversions which were accepted for Home Guard service in case of an invasion , and used the Bren magazines and the same .303 cartridge.
Regarding conversion of the .315, from a mechanical point of view it can be done. Is it legal? Depends on how long you’re willing to wait and how much money you’re willing to spend on legal fees to get it classified as legal.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:20 am

Per the new Arms Act Amendment 2019, conversion from one type of firearm to another type is now completely and totally illegal with stiff penalties attached.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein