Rifle of Bangalore

Post by chandrashekhar » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:22 am

For Advertising mail webmaster
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Rifle of Bangalore

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:00 pm

SSS stands for Stumpp, Schuele & Somappa. As said in the beginning, they are Spring manufacturers. Really perfect expertise to design a rifle. Rifles are all about potential energy of springs. I really liked that they designed Bolt Action rifles and not some semi autos. But one thing I am not impressed with the designing part, as it looks like any modern rifle with picatinny rails, pistol grips and adjustable buttstock. I am more interested in the quality of material used in these weapons. Accuracy is also a key component for a Sniper Rifle. Rifle designed for Sub MoA groupings, is what I would call a Crown Jewel.

And of course I will be looking forward to a version chambered in .30-06 Springfield.

Regards

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:49 pm

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:00 pm
SSS stands for Stumpp, Schuele & Somappa. As said in the beginning, they are Spring manufacturers. Really perfect expertise to design a rifle. Rifles are all about potential energy of springs. I really liked that they designed Bolt Action rifles and not some semi autos. But one thing I am not impressed with the designing part, as it looks like any modern rifle with picatinny rails, pistol grips and adjustable buttstock. I am more interested in the quality of material used in these weapons. Accuracy is also a key component for a Sniper Rifle. Rifle designed for Sub MoA groupings, is what I would call a Crown Jewel.

And of course I will be looking forward to a version chambered in .30-06 Springfield.

Regards
Sir this rifle basic using only law enforcement!
Price rifle looks like in video starting 7000-10000 USD and UP!
Its rifle kill people - 800-1500 m
and this guys i think planning sell rifle to Indian army!
because private customer as buyer rifle like in video -its not business - its shit
all its my opinion :mrgreen:

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:16 am

Once manufacturing of this weapon started, the company may go into civilian weapons production. With more research and development this weapon will reach its prime. Indians are already paying more than enough for IOF weapons. A local mass produced weapon will be cheaper.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:16 am

The journalist as usual seems more impressed about the fact that this is made in a Namma Bengaluru, and didn’t know what questions to ask... at least this event got a ‘mention in dispatches’
From a spring factory near Diary circle,to sniper rifles, SSS has come a long way.
What would be of interest is how many components are actually made in house. While deep drilling rifle barrels and matching receivers is not rocket science, if at all these guys are making all components in house, it’s a major Kudos.
Even if assembling the rifle, I feel it’s a giant step for Indian engineering to be allowed to compete with the masterminds at IOFB, with their usual ‘bed pan mechanic’ mindset.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:15 pm

eljefe wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:16 am
The journalist as usual seems more impressed about the fact that this is made in a Namma Bengaluru, and didn’t know what questions to ask... at least this event got a ‘mention in dispatches’
From a spring factory near Diary circle,to sniper rifles, SSS has come a long way.
What would be of interest is how many components are actually made in house. While deep drilling rifle barrels and matching receivers is not rocket science, if at all these guys are making all components in house, it’s a major Kudos.
Even if assembling the rifle, I feel it’s a giant step for Indian engineering to be allowed to compete with the masterminds at IOFB, with their usual ‘bed pan mechanic’ mindset.
yep its real big step for Indian company assembled rifle like this
I be in Moscow Orsis plant - its real blow my mind!

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:33 pm

This is a great start for an Indian company. Considering the talent that we have in this country, other companies might follow suite and we might soon have our own versions of Glocks and Sigs. (y) (y)

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:21 pm

I have nothing but praises for these two. Keep it up. India is proud of you. BUT sincerely hope it'll be safe and protected from red tapes and corruption. (Also make in India)

Marksman

HairyTrigger
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by HairyTrigger » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:53 pm

If it depends on skill, technology, and material, there is no reason for an Indian company not to be able to design and manufacture an international level sub moa rifle. In fact, I wonder if such a project should first be aimed at the international market to avoid not only the regulations but also the time-honored Indian armed forces corruption, backdoor dealing, and favouritism.

Does the USD 7000 price tag include scope?
eljefe wrote:
Glock made curtain rods before going into pistols (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaston_Glock).

riflemarksman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by riflemarksman » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:56 pm

For $7000 india can get a .50 BMG Berret sniper or a cheyne tac I cant recall the caliber and it would be a time tested weapon

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:20 pm

HairyTrigger wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:53 pm
If it depends on skill, technology, and material, there is no reason for an Indian company not to be able to design and manufacture an international level sub moa rifle. In fact, I wonder if such a project should first be aimed at the international market to avoid not only the regulations but also the time-honored Indian armed forces corruption, backdoor dealing, and favouritism.

Does the USD 7000 price tag include scope?
eljefe wrote:
Glock made curtain rods before going into pistols (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaston_Glock).

That was meant to be praise- from a fellow Bangalorean
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

HairyTrigger
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by HairyTrigger » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:34 pm

eljefe wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:20 pm

That was meant to be praise- from a fellow Bangalorean
I am not from Bangalore but I also meant that as praise. :D