Transport NX200 from Delhi to Imphal via domestic flight

Posts related to rifles.
nikitagupta2106
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Transport NX200 from Delhi to Imphal via domestic flight

Post by nikitagupta2106 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi,

I searched online and found nothing that answers my query. I'm planning to buy NX200 Air Rifle in Delhi since it's cheaper here (by about Rs 4000) and carry it with me to Imphal via GoIndigo/AirAsia or any available flight.

I'm wondering if I can pack it properly as luggage (not cabin baggage) and go to Imphal.

Any experiences to share?

Regards,
Nikita

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Transport NX200 from Delhi to Imphal via domestic flight

Post by Basu » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:12 pm

Dear Nikita,
Even though I am not too sure but I heard that you need to give prior intimation to airline and take approval.
This gun will attract Rs 3000/- as transportation charge.
I advise you talk to the airline and understand it correctly and then proceed.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

nikitagupta2106
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nikitagupta2106 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:32 pm

Okay. I thought someone who already travelled with an air rifle would give their story.

I won't want to pay Rs 3,000 or Rs 5,000 since I can buy the same in Imphal too if the price difference is that much.

Vishnu2017
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vishnu2017 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:44 pm

Dear Nikitagupta sir,
You can purchase it from Delhi, pack perfectly write on the box contains glass material, sports goods, and ship it through any courier like DTDC, FEDEX, VRL , BLUEDART via SURFACE MODE, they can ship anywhere India , cost cheaper, but will take little time to reach
DECIDE, COMMIT, SUCCEED (y) :D

nikitagupta2106
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nikitagupta2106 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:11 pm

Vishnu2017 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:44 pm
Dear Nikitagupta sir,
You can purchase it from Delhi, pack perfectly write on the box contains glass material, sports goods, and ship it through any courier like DTDC, FEDEX, VRL , BLUEDART via SURFACE MODE, they can ship anywhere India , cost cheaper, but will take little time to reach
Sir? LOL

The point of the post isn't to send it as a courier package but to carry it with me while travelling as luggage (not check-in baggage). Thanks though.

Bishop
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bishop » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:32 pm

nikitagupta2106 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:32 pm
Okay. I thought someone who already travelled with an air rifle would give their story.

I won't want to pay Rs 3,000 or Rs 5,000 since I can buy the same in Imphal too if the price difference is that much.
Avail for professional courier.It will be delivered within a week to Imphal at nominal costs.

Vishnu2017
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vishnu2017 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:17 am

Dear nikitagupta sir,
If you carry as a personal luggage(baggage), dismantle properly packed , keep all original invoice, bills with you, unless , no passengers allowed to carry weapons (like any arms) inside the flight, if there is any untoward incidents or any threatening during your travelling time, it will more critical your situation, there is no huge problem, but you have to answer and explain many officials there, already one of my experienced as said above .
DECIDE, COMMIT, SUCCEED (y) :D

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:21 am

Carrying in flight you will have to declare it and pay extra charges, I wont recommend dismantling and putting it in checking luggage and local CISF guys usually cant differentiate btw air gun and normal gun, so its totally your luck. If you really want to save money and hassle travel my train. Dismantle it and put in luggage, you wont face any issue in train travel. Even if he recognize it, just show id and paper, no issues. I travel my train to all competition with gun and ammo, train is best bet

GetsXyian
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by GetsXyian » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:52 am

I would also recomend you to travel via train it's the safest way.

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:38 am

nikitagupta2106 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:58 pm
Hi,

I searched online and found nothing that answers my query. I'm planning to buy NX200 Air Rifle in Delhi since it's cheaper here (by about Rs 4000) and carry it with me to Imphal via GoIndigo/AirAsia or any available flight.

I'm wondering if I can pack it properly as luggage (not cabin baggage) and go to Imphal.

Regards,
Nikita
Hi Nikita,

If it's not too late for the answer to your query, then here goes my personal experience.

I had booked an Air Asia Flight from Kolkata to Delhi. I contacted the Airline regarding their policy for transporting these guns. They quoted 5k for each gun, and also told me to provide a copy of the license...they were not ready to understand that these toys don't require a licence, as yet. Anyway, the airline advised me to pay the amount and c
deal with the CISF on my own....end result, I returned without my guns.

Regards
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

nikitagupta2106
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nikitagupta2106 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:44 pm

Mr.Shome wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:38 am
nikitagupta2106 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:58 pm
Hi,

Regards,
Nikita
Hi Nikita,

If it's not too late for the answer to your query, then here goes my personal experience.

I had booked an Air Asia Flight from Kolkata to Delhi. I contacted the Airline regarding their policy for transporting these guns. They quoted 5k for each gun, and also told me to provide a copy of the license...they were not ready to understand that these toys don't require a licence, as yet. Anyway, the airline advised me to pay the amount and c
deal with the CISF on my own....end result, I returned without my guns.

Regards
Thank you for sharing your experience. I ended up ordering online but due to the global pandemic, it's not delivered yet. I guess purchasing online is the best bet as they said they will deliver in about ~10 days. I wonder if the lockdown will ever relax considering the 7k+ daily positive cases!

nikitagupta2106
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nikitagupta2106 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:49 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience, Mr Shome and others. I ended up purchasing online and will be delivered after the lockdown eases (if at all). I guess buying online would be the safest bet.