WEBLEY SCOTT SETS UP PLANT IN INDIA

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: WEBLEY SCOTT SETS UP PLANT IN INDIA

Post by partheus » Fri May 22, 2020 8:58 pm

They don't go international because their stuff won't be accepted and they know it. India's defense exports are indeed increasing but they are mostly weapon parts, night vision and body armor. Hopefully, the new influx of private interest such as Glock, Taurus, Webley etc will start a new chapter where more manufacturers begin producing and selling completed hardware here.

For Advertising mail webmaster
partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Fri May 22, 2020 9:36 pm

Those are all state enterprises with some private input, I believe. There are a few private players though. A quick Google search revealed - https://www.indianarmour.com/, https://www.oliveplanet.in/military-armor-protection.

For night vision, i am only aware of Tonbo -> https://tonboimaging.com/. They offer everything from helmet mounted goggles to thermal rifle scopes some of which also have built in range finders, ballistic calculators and disturbed reticles that can automatically snap to the target.

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:43 pm

partheus wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:36 pm
Those are all state enterprises with some private input, I believe. There are a few private players though. A quick Google search revealed - https://www.indianarmour.com/, https://www.oliveplanet.in/military-armor-protection.

For night vision, i am only aware of Tonbo -> https://tonboimaging.com/. They offer everything from helmet mounted goggles to thermal rifle scopes some of which also have built in range finders, ballistic calculators and disturbed reticles that can automatically snap to the target.
Ok thanks
I find also https://www.mku.com

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Fri May 22, 2020 9:49 pm

Thanks. Since we're on this topic, another interesting company is http://www.bulletproofindia.com/. These guys offer bullet proof suits and casual wear with Level 3A protection, which is enough for any kind of pistol or revolver round. Kind of like the stuff from John Wick :mrgreen:

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Fri May 22, 2020 10:45 pm

And, yet this is 3A as well...

Sorry, in lockdown and getting bored :mrgreen:

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:54 pm

partheus wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:45 pm
And, yet this is 3A as well...

Sorry, in lockdown and getting bored :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat May 23, 2020 12:08 am

I'd like to throw in a couple of thoughts here:

Firstly, in the discussion of people vs policy, I must firmly come down to policy being the problem. The reason for this is the NRI folks in endeavors with which I'm familiar. First would be biotechnology, and in this and many other fields, folks from India have no problem rising to the top of the class. The discussion quickly becomes upside down in these cases, as folks who can't get ahead at home go somewhere else, and suddenly their genetic predisposition to failure and underachievement becomes something easily mistaken for superiority. (please read this last sentence carefully, as I don't believe in true the superiority I present as a discussion point.)

Secondly, there's a discussion between free trade adn protective tariffs. While integration in the global system promises a leveling from technology transfer, there is a danger illustrated by the nation of Mexico. Porfirio Diaz, a hero in the war against Maximilian and the French, took power backed by US businesses. With his Científicos, he opened the country up to foreign investment, and in 30 years, more wealth was removed from Mexico than the Spanish had managed in 300. 1/3 of the nation's land was under foreign ownership. When Diaz tried to involve European investors, he was overthrown and replaced by someone backed by foreign interests, and that man (Maduro) was also replaced by the same powers, and that man (Huerta) was also replaced by foreign interests. Yes, great investment wealth was brought into the country and business boomed, but it did nothing for the ordinary citizen.

Mexico is far from being the only nation like this. I could name others, but it may be controversial and digress too much from the topic at hand. But recall these instances to be reminded that great wisdom is needed in these circumstances. For instance, corruption will not go away, but will be run by folks who may be less desirable that the current crop. This is an areaa to tread carefully, because it's a lot easier to bring them in, than it is to throw them out.

I can think of India's neighbors who have made this bargain.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat May 23, 2020 3:51 am

Pardon me for not being clear:

I cited the historical period of Mexico from the 1870s to just before the Revolution as a cautionary discussion point, related to opening up a country to foreign investment, and the degree which might be optimal for that country's citizens.

I, in no way, intended to address the topic of current affairs in Mexico, which is another distinct topic, that seems unrelated to this thread.

I love Mexico and Mexican culture and history in general, and am very sad about the current conditions there, but have nothing more to say about these matters in this thread, which is about handgun production in India.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:14 am

timmy wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:51 am
Pardon me for not being clear:

I cited the historical period of Mexico from the 1870s to just before the Revolution as a cautionary discussion point, related to opening up a country to foreign investment, and the degree which might be optimal for that country's citizens.

I, in no way, intended to address the topic of current affairs in Mexico, which is another distinct topic, that seems unrelated to this thread.

I love Mexico and Mexican culture and history in general, and am very sad about the current conditions there, but have nothing more to say about these matters in this thread, which is about handgun production in India.
Ok
Mexico culture and tequila real cool, I agree
other - no way....

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon May 25, 2020 12:27 am

russianshooter3 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:19 pm
O WOOOOWWW :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://www.indianarmour.com/ballistic-plates/

"Provides multi shot
protection against
7.62 x 63mm AP (30.06)
7.62 x 51mm ball (NATO)
7.62 x 39mm mild steel core
7.62 x 39mm ball (AK-47/AK-56)
5.56 x 45mm ball (SS-109, M-193, M-855)
5.45 x 39mm Russian ball"

Russian Ball :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Think this dudes know nothing about "russian balls"
What about regular russian PYA-pistol ammo 7Н21? 7H31?
Image Image Image

And what about 7Н24 and 7Н39 "Igolnick" 5,45x39 ammo?

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Think after this "russian balls" in this plates be 2 hole 1 entry and 2 exit

up to 500-700 m...
Russian shooter
A 100 YouTube posts in Russian, on Russian products are really not required.
When you are a guest in someone’s house , It’s good manners NOT to be too critical about the house...
Ball ammunition- acceptable worldwide for what it is - service ammunition. No, we don’t need more info on Russian balls. Or lack of.
Indian gun culture and ownership and rules are among the strictest in the world and Indian gun owners survive -inspite of them.
Have you tried posting your trivia on other sites like nitro express or Accurate reloading ? Suggest you do so.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:33 am

eljefe wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:27 am
Russian shooter
A 100 YouTube posts in Russian, on Russian products are really not required.
When you are a guest in someone’s house , It’s good manners NOT to be too critical about the house...
Ball ammunition- acceptable worldwide for what it is - service ammunition. No, we don’t need more info on Russian balls. Or lack of.
Indian gun culture and ownership and rules are among the strictest in the world and Indian gun owners survive -inspite of them.
Have you tried posting your trivia on other sites like nitro express or Accurate reloading ? Suggest you do so.
Sir i only on - 2 websites this since 2016 and russian guns.ru
American, canadian forums not interesting for me...
and discuss armour piercing ammo reloading not good idea - i think you know why....
Last edited by russianshooter3 on Mon May 25, 2020 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon May 25, 2020 12:36 am

That’s because you can’t go about bashing their products or showcasing your lada’s and shotguns...
suggest you take a a break.

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:43 am

eljefe wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:36 am
That’s because you can’t go about bashing their products or showcasing your lada’s and shotguns...
suggest you take a a break.
SIr i have many contact in US and have many contracts with us company ....
If you have any questions to me please write in PM
Its free forum for free people and have freedom of speech
American censorship is not acceptable here!
I'll post here what I want and how I want, if this does not violate the rules of the forum
And i practice my English this too

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon May 25, 2020 12:55 am

Take a walk

riflemarksman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by riflemarksman » Mon May 25, 2020 8:33 am

What I want to suggest to Russianshooter3 is we should as much possible discuss and put out information which is practicle and possible in our country India.......I dont think even discussing what weapons our govt is buying is of much use to the licenced gun owners in India....we should be discussing what is permitted .......you can legally own a machine gun in the USA .....we are a world apart