Is Indian Military planning to sell old guns to Civilians as Curio?

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Karan13121999
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Is Indian Military planning to sell old guns to Civilians as Curio?

Post by Karan13121999 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:11 pm

So a while ago, i mentioned a post about Curio weapons. After digging in lil bit deep i found that the Curio clause was recently modified in 2020 & is actually quite beefed up. Like removing license requirement for Curio. I'm from a family that has significant military background. My uncle currently works in army (in the armory) There are a lot of weapons old weapons like sterlings, SLRs, Galil, AKMs & Dragunov's. Army is also looking to buy newer guns like Ak 203, JVPC & Some 7.62 DMR. I'm not saying that this is a fact or even solid speculations. What are your thoughts? I would actually be very surprised if this happens.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Is Indian Military planning to sell old guns to Civilians as Curio?

Post by sourabhsangale » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:35 pm

Don’t think so it will happen. Ask you uncle if he knows anything about it.

Karan13121999
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Karan13121999 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:43 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:35 pm
Don’t think so it will happen. Ask you uncle if he knows anything about it.
I'm not convinced either. My uncle doesn't know much about this. Apart from that the army has lots of small arms that can be classified as curio. We also don't know how easy or difficult it is to buy their ammo.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:34 am

You are dreaming Mann.. forget it. Its India.. Here .22 AR also required License.. You are speaking about SLR, Galil and Sterling.. Though you are right on one thing that most of the Arms in Indian Armed Forces armoury is now easily be Classified as Curio but our Forces are also compatible to fight with those metals..
May be some time in Future we can expect this situation..
Regards
Regards

Shivaji

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:29 am

Hi,

Indian Government rules when it comes to Firearms irrespective whether they are old or new has been made so that normal law abiding Citizens can't own them very easily just for the reason of Love and Passion towards them.

Above that the role of the Bureaucrats as well Firearms issuing authorities is so well played part that getting a License even to participate in Sports becomes difficult.

Forget about owning old abolished Firearms from Army. It's better here in India for non firearm license holders to own in legal limits .177 Air Rifles or CO2 pistols to satisfy our Craze , Love & Passion for Guns. God knows in couple of years even owning them may be proclaimed against law by our Government in their ever changing rule books. So better to satisfy our love by owning and shooting them for now......🤪

Karan13121999
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Karan13121999 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:11 am

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:34 am
You are dreaming Mann.. forget it. Its India.. Here .22 AR also required License.. You are speaking about SLR, Galil and Sterling.. Though you are right on one thing that most of the Arms in Indian Armed Forces armoury is now easily be Classified as Curio but our Forces are also compatible to fight with those metals..
May be some time in Future we can expect this situation..
Regards
I also find it difficult to believe however the curio laws have been modified & you can buy 50 year old guns without license. At least that's what the law says but you never know.

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:26 am

No, I don't think so. The guns you mentioned would fall under the prohibited arms category. You can't own prohibited weapons even if they are curios.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:29 pm

And there are tonnes of P17 and P14 30-06 rifles in many KOT’s maintained in fantastic condition. Also called Hyderabad Rifles as they were seized from the Hyderabad Army after the military action post independence. 😂
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:51 pm

This amendment has come into force to protect the old heritage fire arms in sporting category though most have already left the shore, thanks to the ignorance of royalties and greed OF the arms dealers. But I sincerely hope and wish that Gov't releases some rifles known for their accuracy to target shooters.The likes of SMLE No.4, p-14, 1917 3006 etc at reasonable prices.

Marksman

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:48 pm

There's a long waiting list for NSP firearms, of officers and soldiers serving and retired, so you can forget about them ever being sold to civilians.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

rickitomph
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rickitomph » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:07 am

No, it's deep fake