For absolutely new entrants ;-

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
will_achiever
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

For absolutely new entrants ;-

Post by will_achiever » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:05 pm

Sharing my views for newbie which I learned as newbie;-

# air rifle shooting requires absolute responsible attitude towards sport . Never ever target living things or use it for harassment .

# always start with Springer, that too Indian made ,we have now very good brands,

# I found CO2 - airguns ,most useless ,good only to hold ,not for target shooting, easily get damaged, nobody repairs in India .

# Scope ;- overhyped useless accessory ,
it's expensive , it will eat up shooting time in adusting mounts , because "scope shift " with each shot and requires alignment after every 10-20 shots.

# to sharpen the skill , it's always better to shoot on paper targets in groups . Here " group" means shoot at least 5 pellets on one target from 10 meters and measure distance between two extreme shot and learn .

# Maintain Log records mentioning date- name of air rifle and make,shape , count of pellets , I find it very important to learn shooting.

# All air rifles are pellet fussy ,means with one brand of pellet, it shoot tight groups but shoots different with another brand of pellets.it can be learn only by shooting on paper targets in groups, it differ from weapon to weapon and pellet to pellet.
-

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: For absolutely new entrants ;-

Post by Gunner_dh » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:35 am

๐“–๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ, ๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฐ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ญ ๐“ข๐”‚๐“ท๐“ธ๐“น๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฝ ๐“ผ

Jagannatha
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jagannatha » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:46 am

will_achiever wrote: โ†‘
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:05 pm
# always start with Springer, that too Indian made ,we have now very good brands,

it's expensive , it will eat up shooting time in adusting mounts , because "scope shift " with each shot and requires alignment after every 10-20 shot
If you want to learn how to drive a car always start with a rickshaw and never use power steering because it is expensive
Last edited by Jagannatha on Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:46 pm

# air rifle shooting requires absolute responsible attitude ...

it's expensive , it will eat up shooting time in adusting mounts , because "scope shift " with each shot and requires alignment after every 10-20 shots.

Very good to see a newbs insights.
It seems youโ€™re not having an enjoyable experience with a. โ€˜Scope?
Once mounted it should not shift AT ALL.
I suggest you get your mounting technique, scope /ring/bases compatibility and other scope related issues checked by an experienced air gun user who can help you with the โ€˜Scope, or find a good gunsmith to mount It for you.

๐Ÿฅ‚
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:34 pm

[attachment=0]438772D1-83CA-4CBD-A5DF-1EC4444CE079.jpeg[/attachment

Here some cold bore sighter shots after bore sighting the rifle. The grids are 1โ€x1โ€- from 7mm-08. Before sight correction. Once set to zero, they will stay ON until I change them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

will_achiever
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by will_achiever » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:57 pm

eljefe wrote:

# air rifle shooting requires absolute responsible attitude ...

Very good to see a newbs insights.
It seems youโ€™re not having an enjoyable experience with a. โ€˜Scope?
Once mounted it should not shift AT ALL.
I suggest you get your mounting technique, scope /ring/bases compatibility and other scope related issues checked by an experienced air gun user who can help you with the โ€˜Scope, or find a good gunsmith to mount It for you.

[emoji1635]
Thanks a lot for guidence.

will_achiever
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by will_achiever » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:03 am

Jagannatha wrote:

it's expensive , it will eat up shooting time in adusting mounts , because "scope shift " with each shot and requires alignment after every 10-20 shot
If you want to learn how to drive a car always start with a rickshaw and never use power steering because it is expensive
# Good scope costs around Rs 7000 - 10000/-
I would buy new air rifle rather than spending on scope .
# is it really advisable to start air rifle shooting directly with scope for newer hobbiest ?

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:16 am

good observations
Regards

Shivaji

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:13 am

Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:03 am
Jagannatha wrote:

# Good scope costs around Rs 7000 - 10000/-
I would buy new air rifle rather than spending on scope .
# is it really advisable to start air rifle shooting directly with scope for newer hobbiest ?

If you ask an old school type like me- NO!
Learn your
HOLDING
BREATHING
AIMING
TRIGGER OPERATION
with iron sights.

When you have a modicum of accuracy built up, learn about your air rifle and your own capabilities with iron sights, move upto a good AIR RIFLE rated scope.

My old eyes need a scope. My kids call their shots at 100 y or more with uncanny precision. Young eyes RULE! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Make the best of it. Donโ€™t give up on a useful accessory like a scope just because you had a bad experience once.

will_achiever
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by will_achiever » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:40 pm

Sir , that's my point, first get trained with iron sights .

Homelander
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Homelander » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:20 am

Guys firstly hi to everyone and I have a NX 200 and itโ€™s my first gun, the precihole pellets that came with the gun are easy to put in than the Apolo predator copper plated ones as they are a bit hard to put in the breech. What pellets should I be using.

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:57 pm

Bottom rule for the fitment is the pellet should go in with just a bit snugg fit . It should not just get dropped in to the breech without any resistance. Thay doesn't mean you have to push it so hard to get a pelet mark on your finger though.

Second level is barrel. Which pellets your barrel like so you may want to take advise from felow nx200 shooters and narrow your choices of trial . As far as I heard nx200 us not pellet fussy.

Scope .... I would say use iron sites for first 500 shots as the rifle is settling in . Get your accuracy up to 15 meters consistently hitting a 1 inch target . Then you can fit a good scope , I would not go beyond 3x9 and 40mm objective as it increases weight and you are not going 100 yards with springer all the time . Most of the springers are best up to 40 to 50 yards.

Scope means you will be seeing bigger target , thay means more magnification that means more movement you will notice and more efforts you will need to put in to keep the cros hair stable on Bulls eye and less on pulling the trigger :) and in turn we lose multiple chances of pulling the trigger when we see cros hair on Bulls eye ;)

So scope is good .... For me I don't go more than 7x magnification at 40 yards.

Enjoy your rifle , there is muh fun and enjoyment in shooting open sight springers !!

Cheers,
Pravin

Djanko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Djanko » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Iron sights to go.Scopes are for naturally gifted shooters.It is harder to shoot with scopes.I have a hawke vantage lying at home.

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:41 pm

Djanko wrote: โ†‘
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:33 pm
Iron sights to go.Scopes are for naturally gifted shooters.It is harder to shoot with scopes.I have a hawke vantage lying at home.
Hey that's a good glass ... What issue you have ?

Scopes are like open sights you need to calculate the hold over at longer distances or get to understand the clicks you need to put as per the distance ... Even am learning but once done its as good as open sights and advantage over long distance shots like post 20 yards ..

Cheers
Pravin

Djanko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Djanko » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:26 pm

Hey that's a good glass ... What issue you have ? .No issues just find the open sight much more better with a Springer.Maybe it is just me.