SDB Xena

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
ThanosDutta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: SDB Xena

Post by ThanosDutta » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:29 pm

Basu wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:43 pm
Recently I tried to check the groove marks on pellets in a Diana 34 Classic by using Gsmith Amateur Pellets.
Here I felt that it has choked barrel.
The pellet went down the barrel somewhat easily but got stuck at 2" before muzzle end.
I am attaching the picture for your comment.

Basu
:cheers: Very impressive. A lot similarity with Xena!

Dutta

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodburner
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by goodburner » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:20 pm

Hello Gun enthusiasts. I recently was trying to buy a SDB xena but it was not in stock in most of the stores. However I did fine one and sniped it @ airgunbazaar.in. Only question I have now is whether he is legitimate or not? Sorry if its not the right place to post, but here is the actual order page from where I bought it. This website does not give any location, only whatsapp number. After buying I'm a bit worried. Can someone let me know if you have any experience from them? Happy Plinking!

https://airgunbazaar.in/product/sdb-xen ... cal-4-5mm/

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:44 am

ThanosDutta wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:29 pm
Basu wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:43 pm
Recently I tried to check the groove marks on pellets in a Diana 34 Classic by using Gsmith Amateur Pellets.
Here I felt that it has choked barrel.
The pellet went down the barrel somewhat easily but got stuck at 2" before muzzle end.
I am attaching the picture for your comment.

Basu
:cheers: Very impressive. A lot similarity with Xena!

Dutta
I am also deeply intrigued by this outcome :roll: .
Will try to do a few more trial & post.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

chetan.thakur1983
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by chetan.thakur1983 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:51 pm

goodburner wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:20 pm
Hello Gun enthusiasts. I recently was trying to buy a SDB xena but it was not in stock in most of the stores. However I did fine one and sniped it @ airgunbazaar.in. Only question I have now is whether he is legitimate or not? Sorry if its not the right place to post, but here is the actual order page from where I bought it. This website does not give any location, only whatsapp number. After buying I'm a bit worried. Can someone let me know if you have any experience from them? Happy Plinking!

Hi goodbuner,

Site is authentic you will receive the product. (y)

Happy plinking

goodburner
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by goodburner » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:00 pm

chetan.thakur1983 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:51 pm
goodburner wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:20 pm

Hi goodbuner,

Site is authentic you will receive the product. (y)

Happy plinking

thank you!

goodburner
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by goodburner » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:29 pm

I have received my Xena and enjoying it. I am looking to buy a scope but completely noob and don't have any idea where to start. I'm worried about the compatibility with Xena, mostly. As far as I can understand, I need to buy a scope mount and (obviously) a scope. Can someone suggest ones that are compatible with Xena?

WARNING : I don't know why there are only a few people talking about how. .177 pellets other than the ones supplied DO NOT FIT PROPERLY. I saw the video from Veerabhadra and a few other reviews are only saying it's a tight fit. NO IT DOES not fit properly, at least mine, the few mms of skirt are completely out and it takes so much effort to push it in, often this causes damage to the pellet when I close the barrell. For something that costs 14k such variance in manafacturing processes is extremely disappointing.

I am not sure what I can do after I exhaust the 200 pellets given, it's very sad.

Can someone tell me if they have experienced this issue? Or is it only mine?

I cannot recommend the rifle to anyone reading at this point if this issue is not fixed.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:19 pm

goodburner wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:29 pm
I have received my Xena and enjoying it. I am looking to buy a scope but completely noob and don't have any idea where to start. I'm worried about the compatibility with Xena, mostly. As far as I can understand, I need to buy a scope mount and (obviously) a scope. Can someone suggest ones that are compatible with Xena?

WARNING : I don't know why there are only a few people talking about how. .177 pellets other than the ones supplied DO NOT FIT PROPERLY. I saw the video from Veerabhadra and a few other reviews are only saying it's a tight fit. NO IT DOES not fit properly, at least mine, the few mms of skirt are completely out and it takes so much effort to push it in, often this causes damage to the pellet when I close the barrell. For something that costs 14k such variance in manafacturing processes is extremely disappointing.

I am not sure what I can do after I exhaust the 200 pellets given, it's very sad.

I cannot recommend the rifle to anyone reading at this point if this issue is not fixed.
I find your post strange and contradicting , you say you are enjoying the gun but no pellets fit in the gun ? :roll: maybe people are not talking about it because they perhaps didn't face the problem.
what pellets did you try ?
"Aim small, miss small."

goodburner
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by goodburner » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:04 am

sam 47 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:19 pm
goodburner wrote:

I find your post strange and contradicting , you say you are enjoying the gun but no pellets fit in the gun ? :roll: maybe people are not talking about it because they perhaps didn't face the problem.
what pellets did you try ?

Apologies, my edit was made a few days after the original comment.

I am using Precihole Precipell Match and Gamo Long Distance. I can for Precihole pellet after a bit of effort but Gamo's skirt is completely destroyed and I just cannot use it.

I have bought some recommended pellets like JSB Match Exact Diablo. I will see if this type of pellet is accepted more by the gun.

But I can literally see the exact same pellets with supposedly the same specifications vary by at least 20% in size, in this case the first specimen is UNITED SHOT Air Rifle Pellets 4.5mm pellets and the precihole and gamo pellets are visibly larger. Precihole products have always been top notch quality for me, while SDM has been a bit "ehhh".

The wood stock scratches easily, gun is more heavier than expected. Don't mistake me, the gun shoots absolutely amazingly, but these small QoL things they've sacrificed are irritating me. Perhaps I expected too much from a 14k Rifle.

I hope Precihole comes with a successor to NX100. People here seem to absolutely love SDB products, thats okay, my opinion is a bit different, thats all.

Overall if you are looking to buy a cheapo Diana Indian equivalent, then SDB is perfect.

ThanosDutta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ThanosDutta » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:24 am

goodburner wrote:

Yes I heard that the barrel diameter of SDB Xena is slightly smaller and therefore it doesn't accept most of the .177 pellets. Only few like JSB (excellent fit and 8.44 grain gives good accuracy) having soft pellet skirt fit in the barrel. Yes, every springer has its own pellet liking but that doesn't mean other pellets won't fit in it, and which in this case is surely annoying. The only things that attracts me is the excellent Indian made two-stage trigger and the wooden stock (yes it needs to be taken good care of). After handling my friend's gun I can say the finishing is nowhere near to those Precihole CNC machined ARs. But the low budget Diana 34 feeling is there.
(And if Precihole comes with a good two stage trigger, it will be very very difficult to beat. According to me, nx200 and xena both r very accurate, but both needs good modifications. Needless to say NX200 accepts all types of pellets but the excellent accuracy is achieved by the soft skirt JSB pellets).

Dutta

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:54 pm

goodburner wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:04 am

I am using Precihole Precipell Match and Gamo Long Distance. I can for Precihole pellet after a bit of effort but Gamo's skirt is completely destroyed and I just cannot use it.

I have bought some recommended pellets like JSB Match Exact Diablo. I will see if this type of pellet is accepted more by the gun.
So I take it that PH pellets are working although tight fit and gamo pellets are not working and you are not limited to the 200 pellets supplied with the gun ,right ? As you say these gamo pellets are larger maybe the pellet head is contacting the rifling, you can try and use a used ball point pen to try and seat these pellets. Plz update after trying with the JSBs. One of the first lessons I learned when I got into airguning was that you buy the pellets that the gun likes not the ones you like.
"Aim small, miss small."

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:07 pm

Dear all...you may find the video interesting.....

Basu

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:16 pm

The above 2 issues ...

For 20 meters this group looks okay ..

Pellet fitting .. please update on JSB 8.3 and 10.3 as I have seen on review videos these 2 pellets do fit well.and if they do you are good to go as you need pellets with rifle likes and fits well.

Second issue is wooden stock being prone to scratch ... Any beach stock is prone to scratches even my hw95 stock is prone too ...

The most important point I personally still holding the Xena buy is the machining and fit , build quality which is directly proportional to consistant accuracy and longitivity.... Which I think NX200 holds the upper hand .

Both rifles are accurate so there is nothing to compare there .

Cheers
Pravin Dalvi

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:08 am

Again NX 200 & Xena side by side.
He is not such expert who can predict accuracy just having peeped in barrel.
He did what his ability permits.

Basu

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:08 pm

SDB has upgraded the Xena Air Rifle.

Video link of a reviewer

SamGunlover
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by SamGunlover » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:16 am

Can any seniors suggest me what is the best scope for Xena? Do I need a scope mount?

Also, what is the best pellet for Xena?