Webley and Scott India confirmed prices released.

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
dsen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Webley and Scott India confirmed prices released.

Post by dsen » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:46 pm

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Webley and Scott India confirmed prices released.

Post by timmy » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:39 am

Even if the revolver and the pistol were made in Switzerland, those prices could could not be justified. Given the more reasonable prices of the shotgun and air rifle, there must be some reason why handguns are priced so exorbitantly. Perhaps they're made of unobtainium? at 1.6 lakhs for such an ancient thing as that revolver, I wonder why one would buy the thing for protection, as one's already getting robbed when buying it!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:09 am

The price is extortionate by any, particularly international standards. It is sustainable only in India where imports are effectively banned and the IOF revolver, the only competitor, is also being offered for sale at an unreasonably high price.

It will probably come down heavily once Glock pistols reach buyers of handguns.

The pricing is designed to skim the cream off the market. Mind you, this is the dealer price and the retail price will be around Rs 1,70,000 to 1,75,000. This is what their Master Dealer for UP and some other States told me
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:44 pm

This whole Webley Scott, hullabaloo shows pent up demand in India. People are willing to pay Custom Gun prices, to get a outdated revolver, which is not longer made by the company for 6 decades!

The original has no relation, to this product! Except the name there is nothing. The information on the site is sketchy as best and the kind of media and user interest it has generated is amusing :)

License holders in India are going to be taken for a ride... Ready Get Set Go ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL :mrgreen:
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:24 pm

After seeing the quality of Sheikh arms pistol, I don't think any private Indian company can manufacture good quality handguns.

We can only get good quality handguns if some reputed company like Glock, CZ etc. start the manufacturing.

The only good thing that has happened is that since 1986 (ban on import ) some positive change has taken place i.e private companies have been allowed to manufacture handguns.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

GurnaniM
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by GurnaniM » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:07 am

Vineet wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:24 pm
After seeing the quality of Sheikh arms pistol, I don't think any private Indian company can manufacture good quality handguns.

We can only get good quality handguns if some reputed company like Glock, CZ etc. start the manufacturing.

The only good thing that has happened is that since 1986 (ban on import ) some positive change has taken place i.e private companies have been allowed to manufacture handguns.
Given the popularity of revolvers here i
would love to see Chippa Rhino or Nighthawk Korth on Indian shores. Considering how things are it might remain a sweet Daydream💭

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:02 pm

Vineet wrote:

I think it is possible to manufacture a quality product. Its something which has been around for 100's of years! 1911 case in point. The market size for Civilian pistols is just too small for anyone to bear the expenses to actually setup a Polymer line in India. Parts Kit's should be allowed with some level of Indegenization.

One might make a case for the Armed Forces and Law Enforcement, but if anyone from India, did make a product and did not have deep deep pockets, he would go broke by the time the trials were over and he got an order.

So to be honest, i think the whole ecosystem has a problem, and this has eventually lead India to become a net importer of Firearms.

You are in the business Vineet, you know this better than most. With a drop in licenses, the civilan market has shrunk further. The defense market will see, heated competition with new licenses, and it will eventually die down, as people run out of steam and only the Usual Suspects survive.
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:18 pm

The junta ka neta is least interested in firearms,the media is willfully blowing firearm incidents out of proportion.Best could be to permit imports..lets say once in a lifetime etc...with of course govt grabbing the notorious duty which they will levy...at leat maal to badiya milega

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:32 pm

Vineet wrote:

Vineet ji,

Most members have not seen or handled the pistol made by the Sheikh company and would be very interested in your detailed comments on it. In case you have been able to try it out on the shooting range, a review would be most welcome.

Regards
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle