A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Post by Shooterlike » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:25 am

Vineet wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:59 pm
casual shooter wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:14 pm
Those who have purchased these antiques for exuberant amounts what will they do of them, my friends who have paid hellotofamoney for their colts and smiths will not sell at throw away prices, in fact it will be like getting married to their irons, only who have IOF weapons can dispose them at a paltry amount, my friend who purchased a llama about 86 year old weapon , for 11 lacs will not sell it for les than 1.5 lacs the price of .380 clock or taurus...
Those who can afford to purchase an expensive weapon can afford the loss also.

We buy a car for 20 lacs and after five years we sell it for 10 lacs. So the total loss in five years is 10 lacs and we are ok with it.

Then why do we cry if we suffer 5-7 lacs loss in weapons? Because we are not mentally prepared for it.

Secondly, I will not mind if my weapon which is priced for 7 lacs become zero and I get brand new glock for below 2 lacs.

The whole thing is people who don't own imported weapons now are enjoying the situation thinking current imported weapon holders will suffer huge loss. But as I have said those who can afford expensive weapons won't mind the loss if they get new Glock for below 2 lacs.
nicely put, this also brings to the point that imports should have not been priced that highs to begin with

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:16 am

Shooterlike wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:25 am
nicely put, this also brings to the point that imports should have not been priced that highs to begin with
Imported weapons are highly priced due to import ban. Government is responsible for it.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:22 am

Vineet wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:59 pm
Those who can afford to purchase an expensive weapon can afford the loss also.

We buy a car for 20 lacs and after five years we sell it for 10 lacs. So the total loss in five years is 10 lacs and we are ok with it.

Then why do we cry if we suffer 5-7 lacs loss in weapons? Because we are not mentally prepared for it.

Secondly, I will not mind if my weapon which is priced for 7 lacs become zero and I get brand new glock for below 2 lacs.

The whole thing is people who don't own imported weapons now are enjoying the situation thinking current imported weapon holders will suffer huge loss. But as I have said those who can afford expensive weapons won't mind the loss if they get new Glock for below 2 lacs.
Exactly. Why would firearm owners pass on the opportunity to own modern, dependable tools with warranty and after-market support? Their arms quota will be a deterrent, but those who willingly spent 3-15 times the actual sales price shouldn't really have anything to worry about here. Also, firearm owners do have some choice here. If their weapons are over 50 years old, then they can always have them declared as antiques/curios and make room for more purchases.

casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by casual shooter » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:10 am

What about merchandise lying with the dealers ?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:58 am

casual shooter wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:10 am
What about merchandise lying with the dealers ?
As I have said earlier, huge loss in business happens when there is sudden change in market. This news that private handguns might get launched in India is two years old news so all dealers are dealing accordingly.

An imported handgun for which dealers used to buy for 5.50 lacs from customer has dipped down to 3.50 lacs, so the loss is to the seller also, infact dealers have to invest less amount now.

It's not that this is first change happening on prices of weapons. In 2010 there was almost 2 years booking time at the iof factory and second hand iof pistol used to sell for 1.50 lacs. Then factory started sale of the pistol through dealers and price of second hand pistol came down to 75k.

Same thing happened with iof revolver and pump action gun. Gun price came down from 2.50 lacs to 50k and second hand revolver price came down to 60k from 1.20 lacs.

Profit-loss is part of business, dealers will also make profit if some good quality handguns gets launched in India like Glock.

Currently there is no dip in sale of iof handguns. Most probably because there is no fixed time of these private handguns to get launched.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:09 pm

Very true loss and profit is a part of any business.

asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by asifalikhanasif » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:52 pm

Glock CMTPL has deleted word Q1 from their website, clearly indicates that they are not going to fulfill their promise by delivering Glocks in March-2021.
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." - The God Father

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:39 am

I’m wondering where the entire enthusiastic party of ‘be patient, Glock will be available in March’21’ disappeared?!

Any news or are we still at MoU signings?

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:46 am

AgentDoubleS wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:39 am
I’m wondering where the entire enthusiastic party of ‘be patient, Glock will be available in March’21’ disappeared?!

Any news or are we still at MoU signings?
SS, I'm reminded of those "End of the World" predictions. I suppose one can observe that it will happen sometime, but the salient issue here is WHEN it's going to happen, not IF.

Vineet, so far, has provided the only concrete news about new gun manufacturing in India. If others have such concrete evidence, it would be great if they would come forward and present it.

Wishful thinking is not evidence, and only serves to get people's minds set on false hopes.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:04 am

April it will come .

asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by asifalikhanasif » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:33 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:04 am
April it will come .
Are you 100% sure.
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." - The God Father

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:39 pm

asifalikhanasif wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:33 pm
sourabhsangale wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:04 am
April it will come .
Are you 100% sure.
Yes !

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:50 pm

timmy wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:46 am

SS, I'm reminded of those "End of the World" predictions. I suppose one can observe that it will happen sometime, but the salient issue here is WHEN it's going to happen, not IF.

Vineet, so far, has provided the only concrete news about new gun manufacturing in India. If others have such concrete evidence, it would be great if they would come forward and present it.
You’re well versed with the (unfortunate) situation here Timmy. Even defence manufacturing , AK203 and Carakal carbines being recent examples, that is critical to our defence needs gets stuck in limbo for years, the civilian arms holder stands a poor chance. I want to remain hopeful but there’s more exuberance than facts available on this situation. Lets hope Abhijeet, Vineet and others with the right contacts can get some information that’s useful for others to plan.

Cheers
SS

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:36 am

Just out of curiosity, can civilians with a PB license purchase the CZ carbines and rifles that CMTPL is going to make?

Drameenkitekar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Drameenkitekar » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:20 am

partheus wrote:Just out of curiosity, can civilians with a PB license purchase the CZ carbines and rifles that CMTPL is going to make?
I think Civilians are given PB caliber licenses but PB actions ???

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk