New License for Personal Protection

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: New License for Personal Protection

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:02 pm

AdityaTalreja wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:51 pm
Dear All,

Hope all is well. I am a proprietor of tech services business, I have to travel a lot by roads in Night/Day basically at odd times and often it becomes unsafe, also because my family have certain wealth related reputation. So as suggested by my parents I should get personal protection such as Handgun. So I need your suggestion/guidance on this:

- Personal income is 90+ Lakhs as per Income Tax
- Me or no one in my family have never been convicted for anything
- Me or no one in my family have FIR on Name
- Me or no one in my family ever had Arms license
- I have no temper issues, never fought with anyone
- Medically I am 100% fit

Please suggest, am I eligible and what exactly I have to do? Need some training for gun or anything?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Hi Aditya,

As you might have got to know that in India powerful people are treated with respect and their work is done much faster by the authorities. Acquisition of Arms License is no different. My honest suggestion would be to approach someone who is a Politician in Power or sitting IAS officer or someone who has relations with them. It will get your work done faster.

I am writing this with a heavy heart but it's the reality.

Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:34 pm

Very true ! Apply when you shift to your own home because as per the rules you need to tell the authorities if you have shifted to a new address if the time period is more than 6 months.

And side by side see for a good politician ,IAS / Commissioner of police .who will help you to get the work done fast provided you have to pay his fees , you should get what i want to say .

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:29 am

sourabhsangale wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:34 pm
Very true ! Apply when you shift to your own home because as per the rules you need to tell the authorities if you have shifted to a new address if the time period is more than 6 months.

And side by side see for a good politician ,IAS / Commissioner of police .who will help you to get the work done fast provided you have to pay his fees , you should get what i want to say .
The prevailing scenario may have worked as per your experience with 'politicians, bureaucrats and IPS officers' as you mentioned.... I honestly mean to ask you that do all of them resort to bribes (you said fees, which I interpret as a bribe... check me, if I am wrong). Of course, there are corrupt individuals in quite a few domains, but this generalization and advice to perpetuate such a system is downright wrong....in effect, this system will only ensure licenses for the ones with deep pockets and the wrong connections, irrespective of their ability to handle the responsibility of keeping a firearm.
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:43 am

Mr.Shome wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:29 am
sourabhsangale wrote:

The prevailing scenario may have worked as per your experience with 'politicians, bureaucrats and IPS officers' as you mentioned.... I honestly mean to ask you that do all of them resort to bribes (you said fees, which I interpret as a bribe... check me, if I am wrong). Of course, there are corrupt individuals in quite a few domains, but this generalization and advice to perpetuate such a system is downright wrong....in effect, this system will only ensure licenses for the ones with deep pockets and the wrong connections, irrespective of their ability to handle the responsibility of keeping a firearm.
I agree with you but in maharasthra this is the case which i am seeing in last so many years . I don’t want you to believe me you can find out from your own sources.

The thinking in maharasthra is that people from pune and mumbai are super rich and those only apply for arms license ,you should if get a chance sometime visit the collector and commissioner office in pune city and mumbai see for your self .

From January itself in pune city 15 license have been granted so you must get what i want to say .

Again this is my personal experience based on actual facts which i have seen in last so many years .

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:45 am

sourabhsangale wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:43 am
Mr.Shome wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:29 am
sourabhsangale wrote:

I agree with you but in maharasthra this is the case which i am seeing in last so many years . I don’t want you to believe me you can find out from your own sources.

The thinking in maharasthra is that people from pune and mumbai are super rich and those only apply for arms license ,you should if get a chance sometime visit the collector and commissioner office in pune city and mumbai see for your self .

From January itself in pune city 15 license have been granted so you must get what i want to say .

Again this is my personal experience based on actual facts which i have seen in last so many years .

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:26 am

Of course, I do believe you as no one in his right mind would openly reveal such details, if the same were untrue.

The last bit about the HM is shocking and very sad indeed.
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:29 am

Mr.Shome wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:26 am
Of course, I do believe you as no one in his right mind would openly reveal such details, if the same were untrue.

The last bit about the HM is shocking and very sad indeed.
[/

License in my state or in pune / mumbai will be granted easily if one family member is murder , or there is a hard core house breaking than chances are fair .

Next case is if you are close friends direct with the commissioner or collector depending on the jurisdiction where you stay than only it’s possible in free of cost .