How To get started with Competitive Shotgun Shooting.

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
RITISH DHAUTA
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

How To get started with Competitive Shotgun Shooting.

Post by RITISH DHAUTA » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:22 pm

Hey Guys,
I'm Looking forward to start Shotgun Shooting at Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range, New Delhi. But after contacting the range, guys there told me that they can provide me the Shotgun only if i have a Valid Arms License, on the Other hand My Licensing Authority says that they can issue a License only if i have a participation Certificate(From NRAI) in the concerned event for which license is to be issued.
So now I'm completely confused as what should be done. I found this Platform to be the most appropriate for guidance and help.
If anyone can help me out with this issue, I would be much obliged.

For Advertising mail webmaster
RITISH DHAUTA
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: How To get started with Competitive Shotgun Shooting.

Post by RITISH DHAUTA » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:44 pm

No Reply Guys, I am really waiting for some help and guidance for the above question

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:39 pm

How To get started with Competitive Shotgun Shooting - By getting a gun license first.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:09 pm

RITISH DHAUTA wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:44 pm
No Reply Guys, I am really waiting for some help and guidance for the above question
If you are staying in a metro city you will have ti find a range for trap/ skeet .
Go there hire a coach from there . If not available you’ll will have to personally go there and see if someone will teach you by paying their fees .
Take the gun on rent one the coach and plus bullets and birds . Keep in mind this is a expensive sport for india so be ready to spend lacs of rupee .

I if you are from mumbai /pune contact me ill guide my friend from pune is 3 renowned shoot he will teach you .

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:27 pm

Currently KSSR is closed for the public, its been closed since the lockdown in March 2020. Only the Olympic team is currently allowed to use it, and participants of national camps.

This of course will pass.

For those without a valid arms licence, the best course of action would be to hire a professional coach who can provide the required equipment (for a fee of course).

If this seems like a daunting expense, then maybe one should consider an alternative discipline.

Shooting is an expensive hobby, shotgun more so, and in India the costs can be as high as 10x what one would spend anywhere else in the world.

That's unfortunately the state of affairs here.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

RITISH DHAUTA
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by RITISH DHAUTA » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:44 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:09 pm
RITISH DHAUTA wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:44 pm
If you are staying in a metro city you will have ti find a range for trap/ skeet .
Go there hire a coach from there . If not available you’ll will have to personally go there and see if someone will teach you by paying their fees .
Take the gun on rent one the coach and plus bullets and birds . Keep in mind this is a expensive sport for india so be ready to spend lacs of rupee .

I if you are from mumbai /pune contact me ill guide my friend from pune is 3 renowned shoot he will teach you .
Dear sourabhsangle, thank you for your response. As you said to hire a gun, when i contacted the Shooting Range and Shotgun coach there, they told me that it isn't possible to rent a gun without an Arms License. Further they told me that it is only possible if I manage to acquire a gun from any of my friends or relatives and qualify state with someone else's gun. I would only then be eligible to obtain an Aspiring Shooters License.
Also thanks a lot for your support regarding providing coaching through your friend, but as I'm in Delhi, it wouldn't be possible to come and train in Maharashtra.

RITISH DHAUTA
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by RITISH DHAUTA » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:53 pm

mundaire wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:27 pm
Currently KSSR is closed for the public, its been closed since the lockdown in March 2020. Only the Olympic team is currently allowed to use it, and participants of national camps.

For those without a valid arms licence, the best course of action would be to hire a professional coach who can provide the required equipment (for a fee of course).

If this seems like a daunting expense, then maybe one should consider an alternative discipline.

Shooting is an expensive hobby, shotgun more so, and in India the costs can be as high as 10x what one would spend anywhere else in the world.

Thanks mundarie, for your guidance regarding the question asked.
Yes after contacting Dr. Karni Singh shooting range range they told me that range is closed for general public, and most probably after March it may open.
Further after analyzing the problem the solution I came up with is, That initially I would Participate in 10 M Air(Rifle/Pistol). And as I Qualify State Level Tournament, then I would be Eligible for an Aspiring Shooters Arms License. Then I would further shift to Shotgun Discipline.

RITISH DHAUTA
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by RITISH DHAUTA » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:34 pm

Hammerhead wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:39 pm
How To get started with Competitive Shotgun Shooting - By getting a gun license first.
Dear Hammerhead, if it would be as simple as this then I wouldn't be here asking for help.
The Licensing authority says that to issue a License under Sports Quota, they need a Certificate (from NRAI / MOY), that certifies that a person has qualified at least in Two State level Competitions and is under a structured learning process. Only then a person is eligible to get the License.
This is Just another case of absolutely Senseless Indian Law.
If we compare it to some other Sport for your Better Understanding, It means that if Someone Needs a Golf Stick to Practice and Play Golf, He first needs to achieve a good Qualification Score and needs to participate in Golf Competition without a Golf Stick.
Which just proves that in India you can be completely Mindless and dim-witted person and you are still eligible for Making and amending Laws for the entire Nation of over a billion people.

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:33 pm

RITISH DHAUTA wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:53 pm
mundaire wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:27 pm

Thanks mundarie, for your guidance regarding the question asked.
Yes after contacting Dr. Karni Singh shooting range range they told me that range is closed for general public, and most probably after March it may open.
Further after analyzing the problem the solution I came up with is, That initially I would Participate in 10 M Air(Rifle/Pistol). And as I Qualify State Level Tournament, then I would be Eligible for an Aspiring Shooters Arms License. Then I would further shift to Shotgun Discipline.
Hello Ritish,

If I'm not misinformed, for a firearms license through the air weapons route, one has to successfully shoot through at least two stipulated matches. If I am right, qualifying a state level competition once in an Air Weapons discipline is not enough.

Would be highly pleased, if your interpretation is correct! Hopefully, better well informed members will chip in.
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

RITISH DHAUTA
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by RITISH DHAUTA » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:48 pm

Mr.Shome wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:33 pm

Hello Ritish,

If I'm not misinformed, for a firearms license through the air weapons route, one has to successfully shoot through at least two stipulated matches. If I am right, qualifying a state level competition once in an Air Weapons discipline is not enough.

Would be highly pleased, if your interpretation is correct! Hopefully, better well informed members will chip in.
Hello Mr. Shome,
Yes, you are absolutely correct about successfully participating in Two of the Recognized Competitions. You can easily find the Guidelines on the NRAI website, I'm Providing the Link for the same ( https://www.thenrai.in/Downloads/ec1703 ... 24832b.pdf )
But what I could interpret from the Guidelines was that A JUNIOR SHHOTER only need to have a Successful Participation in any of the Recognized Competition by NRAI and as I fall under Junior category(2001 born) I would be eligible for Arms License only by One Successful Participation. As under Junior Shooter, rule of participating in 2 competitions isn't mentioned anywhere.
If I'm wrong, Please Correct me.

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:23 pm

RITISH DHAUTA wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:48 pm
Mr.Shome wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:33 pm

Hello Ritish,

Hello Mr. Shome,
Yes, you are absolutely correct about successfully participating in Two of the Recognized Competitions. You can easily find the Guidelines on the NRAI website, I'm Providing the Link for the same ( https://www.thenrai.in/Downloads/ec1703 ... 24832b.pdf )
But what I could interpret from the Guidelines was that A JUNIOR SHHOTER only need to have a Successful Participation in any of the Recognized Competition by NRAI and as I fall under Junior category(2001 born) I would be eligible for Arms License only by One Successful Participation. As under Junior Shooter, rule of participating in 2 competitions isn't mentioned anywhere.
If I'm wrong, Please Correct me.
Hi. Thank you for posting this information. There must be some eligibility criteria such as age limit and other factors for Junior Shooters - I am sketchy about the details though. Also, as your goal is shotgun, you will have to find out if shotgun can be endorsed on a license issued to someone qualifying with Air Rifle or Pistol. Hope, I haven't confused you altogether.
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

RITISH DHAUTA
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by RITISH DHAUTA » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:08 pm

Mr.Shome wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi. Thank you for posting this information. There must be some eligibility criteria such as age limit and other factors for Junior Shooters - I am sketchy about the details though. Also, as your goal is shotgun, you will have to find out if shotgun can be endorsed on a license issued to someone qualifying with Air Rifle or Pistol. Hope, I haven't confused you altogether.
Yes, Mr. Shome the shooters are classified as Youth(bellow 18 Years of Age), Junior(18-21) Senior(Above 21) And Vet.(Above 60). And according to me theirs no other criteria other than age for this purpose.

And secondly, It Is clearly mentioned in the guidelines that the person on successful Participation shall also be treated as ‘Aspiring Shooter’ irrespective of the shooter having participated in the firearms event (for which the shooter wishes to apply for an Arms License).And this means that a person can apply for any Firearm(Definitely for Sports Training Purpose) on his Arms License.

I hope this clears all your Doubts.

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:41 pm

Yes, sure it does. All the best.

mishra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mishra » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:17 pm

can you tell me how to import a shotgun how much tax would i pay for that?

χάος
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by χάος » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:36 pm

mishra wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:17 pm
can you tell me how to import a shotgun how much tax would i pay for that?
Hi,
As per the rules, only Renowned shots can import weapons and ammunition for their respective events, and no one else can.

Warm regards!
Adios'

V

Guns don't kill people - POLICIES DO
What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. what we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish.