Customs notice for buying a telescope

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Ram8055
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Customs notice for buying a telescope

Post by Ram8055 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:59 pm

I ordered a riflescope 1 year before from aliexpress. Customs send a notice to me. Subject of improper import without a valid licence. And also says that import of firearm through postal is not legal. If you didn't reply they they will take a decision after 10 days. I ask 1 of my relative who is a lawyer he says to avoid it. I waiting for a fine. But they send a notice as a reminder 1 year later again. . And I ask to another lawyer. he told me you need to reply or you may need take a bail. Actually i don't know its seriousness. Does anyone experienced in this case ?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Bishop
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Customs notice for buying a telescope

Post by Bishop » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:01 am

I'd ignore the notice.If you are compelled to reply,write that it's not a firearm and is just a sight for mounting on a match Air rifle.

Ram8055
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ram8055 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:21 pm

Thank you bishop for your valuable advise and spare your precious time for me. I ignore 1 time before 1.5 year. That time they wrote that after 10 days they will take a decision without me with the merit of the available documents. And Now it is a reminder of that notice as same before. I dont know why they hang on it.

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:25 pm

You can take help and consultation of a Custom Release agent or consultant. They know the rules of import and will give you the correct guidance on what step to take.

They charge a fee for consultation.