March 6-24×50 rifle scope- is fake !

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
arbind
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

March 6-24×50 rifle scope- is fake !

Post by arbind » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:05 pm

Hi all,
I spoke to a gun dealer today, in my city who has started his business as wholesaler/retailer in air guns in 2019.

I was on the lookout for a decent scope for SX100 Orion because i wanted to upgrade from an unbranded scope of 3-9×32 configuration.

It was then that he offered to sell a 6-24×50 scope of March make(Japan) for 15k.

I said I'll get back to him and i searched on the March website for it and found that they DO NOT manufacture a scope of the above-mentioned configuration and this config was one of 3 configs mentioned as counterfeit and that these are listed in alibabaexpress, and sure enough, i checked and found that it was indeed listed for sale and the price was just around 5k !!!

What a rip off this local gun dealer is!
Alibabaexpress itself openly sells counterfeit, practically anything under the sun, but this dealer is a little too much!

I took a screenshot from the March website mentioning that what he was ready to sell was a fake and sent it on WhatsApp.

He read it and guess what?

Not a peep out of the guy!

One never should fully trust any gun dealer these days, except when they are really known to be genuine and have been around for atleast a decade or more,plus come recommended by friends/fellow shooters.

Regards,
Arb

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: March 6-24×50 rifle scope- is fake !

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:12 pm

Do not trust a dealer till you have valid information from the customers that the said dealer is genuine.
secondly, try to be updated as what is you have done rightly and detect the fraud.
I can say this is the perfect example of detection of a fraudulent product/deal.
My best wishes for your search
Regards

Shivaji

nikitagupta2106
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nikitagupta2106 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:49 am

Most scopes in India are replicas. Remember that.

You will get original Discovery scopes though. Bushnell, Gamo, T-Eagle,.. maximum of them are all replicas.

Alos remember, Aliexpress or those chinese websites don't deliver to India anymore. So that 5k in a chinese website means nothing.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:45 am

How many gun dealers have actually seen/handled a March or Nightforce?
For him I guess its the profit margin.
PS. Why do you want a huge ‘Hubble’ scope on an air rifle?
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:55 pm

With a few exceptions ,if you are ignorant about AR and walk into a gun shop and ask for a good AR invariably you will be offered the cheapest gun at highest price :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

Now if you ask for a brand product with model no.if he has it then he will give it to you.... :agree: .

But if he does not have it then he will first blame the company for non supply , second he will say that said brand is having huge complain so they stopped keeping it ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL .

At times I posed like stupid and watched their deceiving techniques :D .

But I am also taken aback about your choice of such scope on SX 100.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

arbind
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by arbind » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:18 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:12 pm
Do not trust a dealer till you have valid information from the customers that the said dealer is genuine.
secondly, try to be updated as what is you have done rightly and detect the fraud.
I can say this is the perfect example of detection of a fraudulent product/deal.
Thanks!

I did not ask for such an expensivescope, the dealer suggested it and attached below the photos he sent.
IMG-20210831-WA0017.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arb

arbind
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by arbind » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:26 pm

arbind wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:18 pm
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Thanks!

I did not ask for such an expensivescope, the dealer suggested it and attached below the photos he sent.
IMG-20210831-WA0017.jpg
arbind wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:18 pm
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Thanks!

I did not ask for such an expensive scope, the dealer suggested it and attached below the photos he sent.

He first suggested a Bushnell which i wasn't interested in and then he said he can give me a BSA 4×16-44 for which he quoted 11k.

IMG-20210831-WA0017.jpg
I wanted to replace the scope which came with the Benjamin Armada, which is a Centre Point 4-16×40.

I guess 6-24×50 is overkill !
Arb

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:04 am

''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Jagannatha
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jagannatha » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:06 am

6-24×50 Japan or China (real brand) or what ever it is can not be priced less than 30k. I guess. for 50 dia it is more like 50k....