WEBLEY SCOTT SETS UP PLANT IN INDIA

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: WEBLEY SCOTT SETS UP PLANT IN INDIA

Post by Vineet » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:52 am

Bishop wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:44 pm
I think blokes at Ordnance factory are purposely delaying the proof testing,so that they can sell tad bit more of they're revolvers, desperately trying to save their face :mrgreen:
Sheikh Arms have their own proof testing license. It’s highly possible that Indian Webley have their own too or they can get proof testing done by Sheikh Arms.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

For Advertising mail webmaster
revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:24 pm

W&S India had apparently applied for their own range to test proof weapons, which as per un-authenticated sources has been recently approved. This was done after many of the weapons they had sent to IOF were rejected. Which is why they are in the process setting up their own range/license. Again all this is hear say, some of it from authentic and some from un-verified sources.Nevertheless W&S WILL sell their weapons in India in future. How long that will be is anybody’s guess.

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:04 pm

Webley and Scott India Master Dealer sent me this message today saying that booking for the revolver “starts this week”.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:26 pm

Some more videos of revolver testing sent by the dealer

Last edited by revolver on Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:43 pm

Ok thats all nice to see. When are they going to release for sale ( with MRP, inclusive of all taxes)????

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:53 pm

Something common to both these videos and the ones about firing of Malhotra's .45 is the complete absence of targets.

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:47 pm

veeveeaar wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:43 pm
Ok thats all nice to see. When are they going to release for sale ( with MRP, inclusive of all taxes)????
No mention of the prices today by the dealer. But the last time that I spoken with him about 2 months back is when he had quoted 2.25 lac incl Tax in Maharashtra.

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:49 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:53 pm
Something common to both these videos and the ones about firing of Malhotra's .45 is the complete absence of targets.
I guess both these companies are more concerned about the reliability of the revolver than the range and accuracy. Don’t really see a professional approach to testing.

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:19 pm

revolver wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:04 pm
Webley and Scott India Master Dealer sent me this message today saying that booking for the revolver “starts this week”.
Latest updates from some dealers that I have received is that Master Dealers have started accepting booking amounts for the W&S revolver. I am still probing them for more details like the final price and the expected delivery date. I have been assured all this info by the end of this week.

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:21 am

W&S master dealer in Maharashtra has started accepting a booking amount of 1,25,000/- Rs. Remaining amount to be paid on delivery. Revolver is priced at 2,25,000/- Rs. Seventeen buyers have apparently already booked the revolver by paying the full amount in advance. Deliveries of the revolver to begin by Diwali. Attached below is a picture of the revolver in the flesh from the first batch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:11 pm

@revolver in the third(last) video posted to me it looks like the guys was shooting the revolver without grips. Why would someone do that.
Also to my eyes in the final shot there was no movement in the sand bed like it happened for other shots. Can it be a damp squib? To me the sound was OK so doesn't looks like one or may be my eyes are deceiving me.
The price you mentioned is quite steep. I may look for some pre owned model some years down the line if the product proves to be well made.
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Pranjal

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:42 pm

I too had noticed the missing grips and found it strange. But what a brilliant observation regarding the last shot. No mud splatter at all!!! As you rightly mentioned the price is definitely steep and it’s better to take wait and watch approach. Like the Raptor pistol that was launched last month this too will sell like hot cakes specially in license friendly North Indian states like Punjab, UP etc. So real world user reviews would be available in about six months giving time to make an informed decision. However, I wonder why all Indian gun manufacturers are maintaining a Low profile when launching their products. Makes you think 🤔

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:09 pm

revolver wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:42 pm
I too had noticed the missing grips and found it strange. But what a brilliant observation regarding the last shot. No mud splatter at all!!! As you rightly mentioned the price is definitely steep and it’s better to take wait and watch approach. Like the Raptor pistol that was launched last month this too will sell like hot cakes specially in license friendly North Indian states like Punjab, UP etc. So real world user reviews would be available in about six months giving time to make an informed decision. However, I wonder why all Indian gun manufacturers are maintaining a Low profile when launching their products. Makes you think 🤔
Yea your point about silence from manufacturers does makes one wonder what's Wrong? If they are not shouting about their wares from top of the roof cos of low demand then why did they enter this business in the first Place?
Another problem which people like me with not so deep pockets is that now with new offerings in place the cost of a used IOF revolver will only go south. It may happen in future that dealers may stop dealing with it all together. In that case It will make no economic sense for someone like me to discard current piece and go for any of the new offerings.
Cheers,
Pranjal

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:48 pm

Today first W&S India revolver delivered to a customer directly by the company it being the first day of Navratri.

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:20 pm

Some more pictures and details about the India made W&S revolver